Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 17:50   #91
sps
BHPian

nice review mate. really informative.
Today saw a xylo in flesh for the first time here in trivandrum. A mint green one. Saw from the back. Initially I thought it was a benz van.The paint job is really cool.
My first impression is that it is indeed a good looking vehicle.
I had preconceived image that it will be very bad looker based on the reviews which I read so far. Waiting for a TD to have first hand experience.
Old 12th February 2009, 20:08   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post

Your review has confirms and inspires me to seriously consider E6 Golden shade with black interiors without sky raks. I look for a family vehicle to seat 6 persons with their strategic luggages for fulfilling my mega dream of roaming India!
Thanks Hari, the E6 is not available in golden. The only options you have in E6 are toreador red, mint green and black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sps View Post
nice review mate. really informative.
Today saw a xylo in flesh for the first time here in trivandrum. A mint green one. Saw from the back. Initially I thought it was a benz van.The paint job is really cool.
My first impression is that it is indeed a good looking vehicle.
I had preconceived image that it will be very bad looker based on the reviews which I read so far. Waiting for a TD to have first hand experience.
Thanks sps! One of my friends also compared it to the benz from the rear. Which benz if you can tell me?

Cheers!
Old 13th February 2009, 01:06   #93
sps
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post

Thanks sps! One of my friends also compared it to the benz from the rear. Which benz if you can tell me?

Cheers!
I don't remember which model. but one of the hotels here own's that. But that is a van. Only the back is similar.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:58   #94
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vinay,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
It is the MB100 / MB 140 series.
Old 14th February 2009, 02:19   #95
Senior - BHPian

It looks like a really cool vehicle. (Although I didn't digest the looks initially, I'm growing to like it now) I was surprised when you mentioned luggage space below the seats.
Looks like a perfect vehicle to roam the country !!!

Congratulations on your purchase ! real VFM... no wonder the huge sales figures. I'm now beginning to believe the Mahindra slogan for this MUV, its sales will eat into Sedan segment for sure.

I hope that Mahindra will offer an optional safety pack(ABS) for an additional reasonabe price of 30-40 K for all the variants (Just like Hyundai did for Santro)

Also it looks more compact than the Innova. Innova definitely looks more upmarket and sleeker compared to any other MUV, I keep hearing about more maintenance costs in Innova (in terms of delicate body panels which easily get dented in the heavy traffic) Xylo may be sturdier and cheaper to maintain.
Old 14th February 2009, 08:29   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
Innova definitely looks more upmarket and sleeker compared to any other MUV, I keep hearing about more maintenance costs in Innova (in terms of delicate body panels which easily get dented in the heavy traffic) Xylo may be sturdier and cheaper to maintain.
that is the biggest worry in my innova. its a weakling! a small dent caused by a cricket ball forced me to shelve 10,000 bugs for the repair.

a biker hit my stationary innova from behind & the bumper cracked real bad. i could literally see the crevice in between, bumper had to be replaced. the biker stood proudly & giggling within himself.

i assume the xylo to be more sturdy & much less expensive.
Old 14th February 2009, 09:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

Nice review dude, congrats....
Old 14th February 2009, 11:47   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Vinay Rathore, this makes me very happy. Please do continue to post your experiences.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 14th February 2009, 12:28   #99
jp1
BHPian

Thank you Vinay for your detailed explanation on every aspect of Xylo. I spent nearly an hour or more, it was as though I am physically inspecting the vehicle. This post should help all those who are considering to purchase MUV.
Old 14th February 2009, 21:29   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Nice review dude, congrats....
Thanks Lohith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Thanks Vinay Rathore, this makes me very happy. Please do continue to post your experiences.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Respected Behramji,

Thanks for your appreciation! I will surely keep on posting my further ownership experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Thank you Vinay for your detailed explanation on every aspect of Xylo. I spent nearly an hour or more, it was as though I am physically inspecting the vehicle. This post should help all those who are considering to purchase MUV.
Thanks jp1! I just wrote what I saw! Xylo is surely a wonderful vehicle.

Cheers!
Old 18th February 2009, 11:37   #101
BHPian

Almost 5k kms on the odo. Will be posting the first service report soon along with the pictorial!
Old 18th February 2009, 17:14   #102
BHPian

Hi vinay,

This is such a well-written ownership report and I enjoyed reading every bit of it. I test drove the Xylo while it was getting bashed here on the forum & felt it was much better than what people were making it out to be...

Congratulations on the purchase and happy driving!

Cheers!

Last edited by Jammy70 : 18th February 2009 at 17:15. Reason: spelling
Old 18th February 2009, 20:52   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
Hi vinay,

This is such a well-written ownership report and I enjoyed reading every bit of it. I test drove the Xylo while it was getting bashed here on the forum & felt it was much better than what people were making it out to be...

Congratulations on the purchase and happy driving!

Cheers!
Thanks Jammy!

It definitely is buddy! But then that's why democracy is favored the most in this world!

Cheers!
Old 19th February 2009, 13:36   #104
BHPian

Vinay,

Congratulations on an excellent decision to purchase the Xylo.I test drove this car today, it was brought to the office by a person from Mahindra(not from dealer). He took time to explain the features and I fully appreciate what has gone into making this vehicle.

My only grouses were
1) Lack of a 60:40 option on the third row by which you can make more space in the boot when travelling as five people
2) ABS is not even an option, a vehicle of this weight requires it.

He took this as written feedback and promised that this will be conveyed to the HQ. Thanks to your thread I knew exactly what to expect and some points that you have explained put things in a proper perspective.

I will watch this thread in the coming months, since the Xylo will be in my shortlist next year.

P.S : The gear shift rocks ! Literally I mean, when you start the car, I can ignore it but the knob design is a bit awkward.
Old 20th February 2009, 15:34   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Vinay,

Congratulations on an excellent decision to purchase the Xylo.I test drove this car today, it was brought to the office by a person from Mahindra(not from dealer). He took time to explain the features and I fully appreciate what has gone into making this vehicle.

My only grouses were
1) Lack of a 60:40 option on the third row by which you can make more space in the boot when travelling as five people
2) ABS is not even an option, a vehicle of this weight requires it.

He took this as written feedback and promised that this will be conveyed to the HQ. Thanks to your thread I knew exactly what to expect and some points that you have explained put things in a proper perspective.

I will watch this thread in the coming months, since the Xylo will be in my shortlist next year.

P.S : The gear shift rocks ! Literally I mean, when you start the car, I can ignore it but the knob design is a bit awkward.
Thanks Indivic!

I cant agree more with you on this. Yes, they should have provided ABS as an option. That would put this car in a different league altogether. And yes, the gear lever does rock! But being a Mahindra, you should expect it to inherit some of the stuff from its forefathers .

The car is still not back as dad has chosen to keep the vehicle with him there till the work is complete. Should be back by next week. I just got to drive her for three days guys!

Cant wait more!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks