Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 18:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

First of all they charge you like hell and on top of it don't even clear the problem properly. The least they could do is atleast diagnose and correct the problem. Seriously!

By the way things are at Skoda now, im scared to leave the car at the dealer to rectify this problem as well as for the regular service which i've been postponing for a while now.

Is there any good place in BLR where the car can be properly checked and also serviced?

Last edited by karthik247 : 5th May 2009 at 18:36.
Old 5th May 2009, 18:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
*sigh*

The solution to a CEL is not turning off the damned CEL. You have to get them to see what the error code is and fix the problem and not the fact that the light is turned on.

To be honest, knowing how technically competent Skoda service is, I think it would be cheaper for you to purchase a VAG-COM, see what's really causing the error and then get it rectified by an independent garage instead of paying them INR 1800/- to click a "Clear all error codes" button on the laptop each time the light comes up.
exactly! 1800/- each time is a complete rip off , karthik , you shouldnt have paid the second time , coz repeatedly they are deleting the error codes without knowing what else to do .

Last edited by siddartha : 5th May 2009 at 18:44.
Old 5th May 2009, 18:48   #48
Senior - BHPian

Such a nice car and just see how the dealers could end up destroying it in whole.I feel so sory when ever i read a skoda thread.People spend all this hard cash and end up being fools.And that too when people of such high techy stuff are arround you.Sorry again to Skoda for being in such a sorry state in india.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:03   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
exactly! 1800/- each time is a complete rip off , karthik , you shouldnt have paid the second time , coz repeatedly they are deleting the error codes without knowing what else to do .
Yea i told them that i had paid them the last time and its you guys only who checked it out and 'corrected' it before. Then guy makes some calls and finally starts sayin that i don't have to pay for the rectiying (so called) problem but i HAVE TO pay the basic breakdown charges (Rs1800!)

And this guy was all confused by the BOV sound when he started the car and revved it and took it for a drive! .. Had to tell him its nothing and explain what it was.

The bill
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS woes-dsc00251.jpg  

Last edited by karthik247 : 5th May 2009 at 19:06.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:11   #50
BHPian

the second time they checked you brakes , thats why they charged you again.
Old 5th May 2009, 19:30   #51
Team-BHP Support

Re: Overheating - sounds like the thermostat / or temperature sender as an airstream at speed cools things down. Your a/c never stops so it is not the fan

CEL- It could be due to the modifications. CEL comes on and the engine goes into safe mode
Old 5th May 2009, 19:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
CEL- It could be due to the modifications. CEL comes on and the engine goes into safe mode
This also used to happen when the car was totally stock. Its been slightly modded only recently, but this problem has been there ever since i got the car. I've also made a few posts regarding the same in some other threads too.

Is there any other way to get it checked or do i have to go to Skoda *** only?
Old 5th May 2009, 20:54   #53
Team-BHP Support

check air mass sensor then
Old 7th May 2009, 17:27   #54

Quote:
hey jaideep , thanks for the info . scary stuff!! sorry you had to face that problem.

battery changed . exide (dhoni on the box) rs 6600/- includes old battery deduction.

noticed that the dip stick is broken when i was getting the battery replaced.wonder how that happened .

anyway , the pic below is of some solace.

Very nice, Red Rally !!!
But in India, you dont have a Spider 17" (an option) ?
Old 11th May 2009, 18:31   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skodaboy View Post
Very nice, Red Rally !!!
But in India, you dont have a Spider 17" (an option) ?
thanx skoda boy , 17" is not an option here in india, only 16" keeping in mind the bad roads i guess .
Old 12th May 2009, 15:50   #56
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
JMD at Mumbai charges Rs. 500-600 for VAS based check up and error code deletion, but they do go head and solve the problem and tell me when the think it is intermittent due to a specific loose contact. (Airbag light for example). They do provide the solution and let me decide. 1800 is to high. There should be a uniform upper limit to price for each type of service that Skoda puts up on their site in the support section.

Quote:
thanx skoda boy , 17" is not an option here in india, only 16" keeping in mind the bad roads i guess .
Sticking to 16" is a good Idea
Old 12th May 2009, 16:17   #57
Team-BHP Support

That means 20 scans and I recover the cost of my VAG COM.. vinayak charge 100
Old 6th June 2009, 14:20   #58
BHPian

Needed to get the tyres rotated after the trackday, so a few days back was passing by madhus on double road, so decided to go there for the roration instead of the usual place in jayanagar (modern chariot)

BIG MISTAKE! shouldnt have gone to madhus. see the pics. this is the state of the KEY for the special anti theft wheel bolts.

the key was not placed in the right position on the wheel bolt by the incompetent attendant at madhus ,the key slipped and got damaged and came flying out, as he was trying to force it with a lever/pipe( along with wheel spanner) as the wheel bolt was very tight.

splines on the key are completely damaged/ worn out, rendering it useless.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS woes-dabguli-013.jpg  

Skoda Octavia vRS woes-dabguli-014.jpg  

Last edited by siddartha : 6th June 2009 at 14:23.
Old 6th June 2009, 14:59   #59
BHPian

I was mad with the attendant , but decided to keep my cool and quit madhus without getting the tyres rotated.

Drove the car around for a few days , but it was playin in the back of my head that i could get stranded with a flat without being able to change the tyre .

so i decided to remove all the 4 special bolts with whatever was remaining of the KEY.managed to get 3 out , but the FRONT RH did not come out as the bolt head was also damaged.( courtesy of the madhus attendant)

so took the car to TAFE ACCESS , as it was closer to me, and left it there , anyway needed other things to be done on the car.

list of jobs done :
1. CHANGED ALL THE 4 SPECIAL WHEEL BOLTS TO ORDINARY ONES.
2. REPLACED THE DIP STICK WHICH WAS BROKEN.
3. GOT THE FRONT RH HEADLIGHT WASHER NOZZLE FIXED.(which someone had plucked out when it was parked, dont know where.)
4. THROTTLE BODY CLEANED.

Now the car is all fit and fine. also been getting better mileage.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Octavia vRS woes-dabguli-006.jpg  

Skoda Octavia vRS woes-dabguli-007.jpg  

Skoda Octavia vRS woes-dabguli-012.jpg  

Skoda Octavia vRS woes-dabguli-017.jpg  

Last edited by siddartha : 6th June 2009 at 15:12.
Old 6th June 2009, 15:08   #60
Team-BHP Support

Your still running those goodyears NCT 5's from the trackday bob? Madhus you won't have any problem if you tell Nikhil in advance before going. They do a good job with Nikhil supervising.

I had gone there once many years ago and had a poor experience with them. Deicided not to go after that. But then gave them another chance after coordinating with Madhus and have been happy.

ps: the car is looking good but the wipers are an eyesore. Suggest you change to BOSCH aerotwins asap. They work good during monsoon and are frameless so look really sleek.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 6th June 2009 at 15:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks