Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2011, 19:08   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Octavia vRS woes

You might need to change them.

Try sales@skodaparts.com , give them your chassis no and the price of the part + delivery to india. Best is to buy 4 to reduce freight cost

My boot lock cost 17 pounds
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:48   #107
BHPian

Siddartha, I have had problem 1 occur on my rear right door. Same diagnosis by the *** - change all locks. i overcame that problem by squirting WD40 on the silver stud which goes up/down when the door is unlocked/locked and also in the central locking button on the driver side door.
My RS seems to have an appetite for WD40 (don't mind given its so cheap). A flickering xenon light was fixed by WD40 squirt in the connectors. The ECP light coming on and idling becoming rough was fixed with WD40 sprayed on the connector under the throttle-body.
My fuel gauge would dance between Empty and Full with the low fuel warning beep going off nowand then. This was sorted out by cleaning the terminals of the fuel gauge under the rear right seat cushion (behind the driver) and ofcourse WD40.

I had my suspension done byan independent garage in Mumbai. The guy knew what parts were required and where to find them in Opera House. I have Bilstein shocks installed now and they are great for chucking the car round corners.
Bomi
Old 24th March 2011, 15:40   #108
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
The service advisor said i need to change the actuators, and they cannot be repaired or serviced even though its just a case of faulty contacts.

i have decided not to listen to whatever the service advisors say... trying to get my hands on a service manual. does anybody have one? please share the link, details.
Find an FNG and have it checked to get the actual diagnosis. I have read that this rear door problem is a common issue, can be of faulty cables or even dry solder with in the actuators circuit. I have read DIY at briskoda.com. Check that out.

Last edited by v&v : 24th March 2011 at 15:41.
Old 4th October 2011, 16:22   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
The service advisor said i need to change the actuators, and they cannot be repaired or serviced even though its just a case of faulty contacts.

i have decided not to listen to whatever the service advisors say... trying to get my hands on a service manual. does anybody have one? please share the link, details.
I had the same problem with my VRS. right back door would not lock using the remote. Skoda charges about 16k for replacement motor. I have found a electrician who has about 23-25 years of experience with all kinds of cars. He insulated all the 30 odd wires inside the left xenon headlight because they were brittle due to heat. He took a look at the motor and said he cannot make it work but he fit another motor and connected it to the car's rear door wiring. Now when i press the remote all 4 doors lock. cost me 650 for the motor and 200 for labour.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:54   #110
Team-BHP Support

The motors for the rear boot costs only Rs 1200 if sourced from the UK
Old 4th November 2011, 16:29   #111
BHPian

Assistance required Urgently

Guys, need assistance urgently.

Was driving down from Chennai to Pondicherry today, when a sudden mild shudder from the engine cropped up with the CEL came on. I am not able to exceed beyond 2000 RPM, and the CEL showing up, with 4 blinks and dying out randomly.

Called up Chennai service center who asked me to return , which was not possible since , I was almost in Pondicherry. Is there no service center in Pondy, where I can have this issue checked. Anything , DIY, which can be done to see if I can get the vehicle to chennai normally and get it checked there.

Thanks in advance..!
Old 4th November 2011, 16:42   #112
v&v
Senior - BHPian

is the idling ok. if not then it could coil problem. Try ecu reset by removing -ve terminal.

Last edited by v&v : 4th November 2011 at 16:44.
v&v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 23:47   #113
BHPian

thanks. It indeed was the coil problem. Had one delivered today from chennai, at an inflated cost, but could'nt have helped it. After fixing the coil, had the ecu reset, and bingo, the car was back to life. Finally, can head back to bangalore, directly.
Old 6th November 2011, 09:38   #114
Team-BHP Support

You need to keep a spare one with you. My recommendation is that you replace remaining three and keep them as spares
Old 7th May 2012, 20:36   #115
BHPian

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone know where i can get a PDF of the service manual of the Octavia MK1 vRS from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks