Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2009, 17:18   #16
BHPian

Thanks everyone

Proxima, Cooldude, Condor, Sowmya , rippergeo , audiophile , white_vdi , mail4loys , benbsb29 - thanks guys , this buy is actually dedicated to Team BHP

Regarding the fuel, I had no idea about Diesels so was following my bosses' advice as he has been using Extra Mile in his Fiesta for more than a year now. What does everyone suggets here - normal fuel with System D or just plain normal fuel ?

Condor - Thanks for the color , the only 2 colors I had in my mind were Platinum and Brush Steel as Red and Morrelo were a strict no no with my parents and black is too hard to maintain. You are right about the ORVMs , they do their job perfectly my grudge was only about the looks. About the B pillars let me check with the aftermrket guys, don't think Ford would do this, any suggestions ?
I got the boot mat, foot mats and mud flaps free from the dealer along with a coroporate discount of 10 K. Ford dealers present it as " essential kit" for 2k.

benbsb29 - Thanks for taking the pain to dig out the picture.I tried with Harpreet Ford and they told me it wasn't possible, I've actually started liking the black side strip and ORVMs as they go in contrast with the color of the car. With blackened B pillar ( as Condor as adviced ) it might even look better. The side strips were purchased from outside for 500 bucks as Harpreet Ford had run out of it and the place where I park my car daily( Okhla) has one of the worst parking systems, I didnt want to risk the doors , after your observation I checked them today and found they were fine , it's just the dust which has gathered around.

I'm fine with the storage space ( I had an Alto earlier ) as 90% of the times the car is driven alone and the rest of the 5% it's just me and my wife so we I can always use the other seats for my cellphone , waterbottles and lappy.

White_Vdi - will PM ypou.
Old 20th February 2009, 22:29   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dieseled : What does everyone suggets here - normal fuel with System D or just plain normal fuel ?
. I am using Shell regular diesel with no additives. With Shell, I will not use any additives. Suggest you try the different brands & settle down on the one you find best.

Quote:
Dieseled : About the B pillars let me check with the aftermrket guys, don't think Ford would do this, any suggestions ?
Ford does have a kit for the B-pillar, but this is intended for the Fiesta. I do not know why it cannot be used for the Ikon. You can get it done outside : just remember to try & remove the window beadings (if you can do that without damaging anything) and getting the black sticker to end inside the beading.
Old 21st February 2009, 12:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
. I am using Shell regular diesel with no additives. With Shell, I will not use any additives. Suggest you try the different brands & settle down on the one you find best.

Ford does have a kit for the B-pillar, but this is intended for the Fiesta. I do not know why it cannot be used for the Ikon. You can get it done outside : just remember to try & remove the window beadings (if you can do that without damaging anything) and getting the black sticker to end inside the beading.
We don't get Shell In Delhi, so let me try using the normal Indian Oil diesel for my next fill and I will get back with any changes in the performance.

Got your point on the B pillar thing, will get back with my findings on aftermarket options.

benbsb29 - already checked your thread on DIY a couple of weeks ago, and have asked one of my colleagues( who owns and Indigo) to get me a boot release cable for the CS
Old 21st February 2009, 13:01   #19
BHPian

Hey Dieseled, Congrats on your new ride. Welcome to CRDi club Its bad that Shell is not available in dehli. Do you have stock headlamps or have you upgraded them as well.

Like condor said, blacking the B pillar's enhances the look of your car. You can also get side skirts on your car as you enjoy a huge ground clearance, check with condor as he has done to his ikon.

Keep thoes seat belts on and safe driving fellow bhpian.
Old 21st February 2009, 13:07   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Try BP, HP also : I will also let you know how things go with my Ikon. Indian Oil's regular diesel has been fine, but Shell's a little better.
Quote:
Dieseled : .. have asked one of my colleagues( who owns and Indigo) to get me a boot release cable for the CS
You can stop by at any Tata A.S.S / A.S.C, and pick it up across the counter. They have not been as fussy about across the counter sales as the other manufacturers have been.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hey Dieseled, Congrats on your new ride. Welcome to CRDi club Its bad that Shell is not available in dehli. Do you have stock headlamps or have you upgraded them as well.

Like condor said, blacking the B pillar's enhances the look of your car. You can also get side skirts on your car as you enjoy a huge ground clearance, check with condor as he has done to his ikon.

Nope Sajands havn't upgraded the headlamps, the lampd seem to be adequate though as I just made a highway trip during the weekend and drove at night as well. One thing I've noticed ( when a driver was driving my car toward me ata valet parking ) that the fog lamps are brighter than the actual headlamps.

Will get back very soon on blackening the B pillars thing.

Condor - I get fuel only from my trusted place ( Singh Service station) at GT Karnal road. So have no idea about a good HP or BP pump, fellow Delhi BHP-ians , pleasse suggest here.
Also, need suggestions from everyone on the Sun film ( will get it sooner now as it has started getting [FONT=Tahoma]uncharacteristically hot in Delhi ).[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]Please suggest about which brand I should go with ,also any particular place which is known for this.[/FONT]
Old 26th February 2009, 09:07   #22
BHPian

3M is the most popular brand of sunfilm. Not aware of the other details though, there are different shades and gradations of the sunfilm.

And update us on your ride.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:07   #23
BHPian

3500 Kms Update

3500 Km update

The engine has gone much quiter now, also the clutch and the gearbox feel much softer and settled.

The alignment is perfect, no other squeaks/sounds from the engine or anywhere else.

FE Update - If my calculations are right, the FE comes out to be a staggering 20.21 ( 100% city driving , 30% AC) . Fuel used was IO Xtra Mile. Have filled regular Diesel from IO yesterday so will update everyone on FE with this one.

A couple of rattles have started coming up, one from the rear parcel tray and the other from the Dash Box. Will try to fix them myself on the weekend.

Will visit the accessory shop this weekend for blackening B pillar and Sun Film , still require more suggestions on the Sun film part guys.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:49   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseled View Post
FE Update - If my calculations are right, the FE comes out to be a staggering 20.21 ( 100% city driving , 30% AC) . Fuel used was IO Xtra Mile. Have filled regular Diesel from IO yesterday so will update everyone on FE with this one.

A couple of rattles have started coming up, one from the rear parcel tray and the other from the Dash Box. Will try to fix them myself on the weekend.
Astonishing mileage, but how exactly did you go about calculating it? Tankful to tankful is how you should go about it.

As for the dashbox rattle, check if there is something inside it, which is the cause for it. For the parcel tray rattle, probably the speakers arent fixed properly?

The car has a good build and is not prone to rattles. Should be easy to fix, the ones you reported.
Old 5th March 2009, 12:59   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dieseled : FE Update - If my calculations are right, the FE comes out to be a staggering 20.21 ( 100% city driving , 30% AC) .
benbsb29 : Astonishing mileage, but how exactly did you go about calculating it? Tankful to tankful is how you should go about it.
Envious. I'm not even close !

Do a full tank top-up TO full-tank top-up check of the mileage to get the correct figures. Dont go by the auto cut-off as a measure of the quantity of fuel in the tank.

As per the owner's manual, you need to stop at the second auto cut-off, but I find that filling up to the brim (where I can see the diesel in the tank opening) as the correct way to fill when checking for FE.
Old 5th March 2009, 13:58   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do a full tank top-up TO full-tank top-up check of the mileage to get the correct figures. Dont go by the auto cut-off as a measure of the quantity of fuel in the tank.
I stick to an auto cut-off when checking for FE on my car while tanking up. That i usually stick to the same bunk also probably helps. Been getting consistent readings as well.
Old 5th March 2009, 14:24   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Envious. I'm not even close !

As per the owner's manual, you need to stop at the second auto cut-off, but I find that filling up to the brim (where I can see the diesel in the tank opening) as the correct way to fill when checking for FE.

I hear you Condor , but I use the auto cut off method as well ( as mentioned by benb as well) , I filled up 38.04 Litres of IO Xtra Mile ( worth 1250 , in Delhi its 32.86/L) and the car ran for 775 kms when it touched the red line. Got the top up done again yesterday with a similar quantity so I don't think the figures can be that skewed.

What's your car's mileage? Also I dont dreive during peak hours, I have to reach office around 2 pm and I leave around 10 30 pm and am generally cruising b/w 60 -80.

benbsb29 - Will check this today only.
Old 5th March 2009, 23:47   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

@Dieseled : I'm doing about 14 with 100% city, mostly peak hour. commute traffic with 50% a/c usage and always late gear changes. So most times I'm in 3rd. Just the occasionaly sprint in 4th.

I used to go by the auto cut-off method, but have long since moved over to topping-up to the brim. I find being able to see the level of the fuel is a more consistent method.
Old 6th March 2009, 00:10   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseled View Post
Also I dont dreive during peak hours, I have to reach office around 2 pm and I leave around 10 30 pm and am generally cruising b/w 60 -80.
With that kinda running, i dont think it can be classified as mileage in city. Its more like cruising on a highway.
Old 6th March 2009, 13:11   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
With that kinda running, i dont think it can be classified as mileage in city. Its more like cruising on a highway.

But 20 on the highway before the first service is great nevertheless. I will post my mileage after a week when I tank it up the second time. Hope I touvh the 20 mark too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks