Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2009, 18:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
sure hope you do phamilyman! do you own a Qualis too..would love some pics.
im glad you liked my car..ill click more pics of it when i take it with me on vacation next and post them too.
in the meantime reviews and pics of other Qualis's by their proud owners are most welcome!
Ah, clearly you're new here!

I have a Swift VDi - the Innova was too expensive and I was in college when they decided to stop the Qualis!

Its done just short of 10k in four months (gawd life as a consultant is lovely). By that account, i should do 150,000 in five years as well like you!!

Good stuff - i'd like you to answer narayan's koshun as well. I am confounded myself!!
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2009, 18:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Manuuj, that is an incredibly good looking Qualis! I never thought I'd be saying this about a Qualis, ever, LOL!

Of course you're not selling! I can understand that!
Old 24th February 2009, 18:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Manuuj - adding to what every one said, this is a very well maintained car especially by Delhi standards ! do you fix the dents,scratches immediately or is it that you have NEVER had a scratch/dent ?
Thank you narayan..there are quite a few minor scratches on the side doors and fenders and a minor dent on the left bottom corner of rear tailgate (visible in the rear end photo) which happened when the tailgate was opened under a low tree..

my service advisor has asked me not to get these touched as they are too minor to cause any problems and barely visible unless you are a foot away from them.

the rear guard and fron bull bar save their ends respectively from two wheelers and other car at red lights.

i was shunted hard once from the back by a 800 that could'nt stop in time as i had to brake hard to avoid hitting the car infront (a benz).

as the car infront of him stopped suddenly he braked hard i did too just in time to avoid hitting him..the 800 behind me failed to do so.

my car had not even a scratch to show for it because of the rear guard, the 800's face was another matter!
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2009, 18:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The dealer i send my car to is Galaxy Toyota at Motinagar Crossing.
A very nice gentleman Mr. Shailendran is a senior service advisor there..
How unfortunate, since I also send my car to the same dealer, and find them very good (so good that I live 25 km from their shop but still send my car there). In fact, right now, my car's bumper is being painted. I was hoping for another name, since having a choice could come in useful.
vasudeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2009, 11:30   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Qualis certainly lives up to its name (Quality Service)! There is a reason that 2005 Qualis' sell for a higher price than 2005 Innovas in the used marketplace. Well-maintained example there, Manuuj. @ 1.5 lakhs on the odo, your Qualis has barely lived 40 - 50% of its real life.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2009, 14:54   #21
Ice
BHPian

Manuuj,

Congratulations on a very well-kept and gorgeous Qualis. The lamps look stunning

We have a 2003 Qualis which I had the privilege of using for a year, after my beloved Uno was sold off.

The car is immensely rewarding to drive. The seating position is great and allows me to drive much safer in traffic. The car is reasonably fast, and has done countless long trips over horrible roads with 5 people + a boot full of luggage.

Lanson's service in Chennai is awe-inspiring. They still call us as the car is closing in on a service date, and also call us a couple of days after the service date for feedback. The service dates themselves have only been 1 day affairs, the most expensive one costing us Rs.8,000 (an exception).

Drive her well, buddy. Happy for you.
Old 25th February 2009, 16:12   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
Manuuj,

Congratulations on a very well-kept and gorgeous Qualis. The lamps look stunning

The car is immensely rewarding to drive. The seating position is great and allows me to drive much safer in traffic. The car is reasonably fast, and has done countless long trips over horrible roads with 5 people + a boot full of luggage.

The service dates themselves have only been 1 day affairs, the most expensive one costing us Rs.8,000 (an exception).

Drive her well, buddy. Happy for you.
cheers buddy! glad you liked it..you are right about how safe the qualis feels to drive owing to its superb driving position, especially in heavy traffic.

the service you mentioned must have been one that comes every 40,000 kms as that is when a number of things are changed..the rest cost under Rs.2000/- generally.

customer service of toyota is top class..complete peace of mind.
they even serviced my car once under an hour once when i told them it was an emergency!

as far as the luggage carrying capacity goes many a times the toll collectors have asked me if i was moving house owing to the amount of luggage and furniture (yes..furniture) i have lugged in my beloved dhanno !!

all in all i have never felt this satisfied with any other car..i just wish it came with larger size wheels as that would also dramatically improve its looks.
Old 25th February 2009, 16:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
How unfortunate, since I also send my car to the same dealer, and find them very good (so good that I live 25 km from their shop but still send my car there). In fact, right now, my car's bumper is being painted. I was hoping for another name, since having a choice could come in useful.
Pardon my intrusion, but it is perhaps relevant here. Just got my car painted from Galaxy Motinagar, and apart from the bumper painting (covered under claim), they also painted the left fender (had an visible small dent from a motrocycle hit)--for free!!! Plus, also threw in interior cleaning, also for free. Honestly, did not ask for either.

This is not my first experience with Galaxy Motinagar, and everytime the experience gets better. I go to them because I think they do whatever it takes to keep the customer happy.

Last edited by vasudeva : 25th February 2009 at 16:48.
vasudeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2009, 13:00   #24
BHPian

[quote=vasudeva;

This is not my first experience with Galaxy Motinagar, and everytime the experience gets better. I go to them because I think they do whatever it takes to keep the customer happy.[/quote]

so true vasudeva, iv had some pleasant exchanges too..and that is also one of the reasons that i will only buy Toyota from now..

been waiting for the fortuner
Old 26th February 2009, 19:41   #25
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
so true vasudeva, iv had some pleasant exchanges too..and that is also one of the reasons that i will only buy Toyota from now..
When will the other guys wake up? If Toyota can assure us of such quality service with so many Qualises (Quali?) and Innovas on the roads being driven as taxis and personal vehicles, then why can't Tata/Fiat, GM, Skoda, and others do the same? It cant be that difficult!
Old 27th February 2009, 12:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
When will the other guys wake up? If Toyota can assure us of such quality service with so many Qualises (Quali?) and Innovas on the roads being driven as taxis and personal vehicles, then why can't Tata/Fiat, GM, Skoda, and others do the same? It cant be that difficult!
honesty, dedication, honor are qualities that are ingrained into the japanese psyche from chilhood.

their reputation is held more sacred than their life itself..

they take great pride in the work they do and take responsibility for their products.

this reflects in the quality of all their products and services..be it machinery, autos, air conditioners..just about anything.

that is why my friend a car engineered and designed in the early 90's is still appreciated till today.

cant say the same for the italians and americans im afraid..and that is why their their companies (fiat, GM, ford) are in the doldrums begging their governments for bailouts!

but i feel its like.....
Old 27th February 2009, 16:42   #27
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
honesty, dedication, honor are qualities that are ingrained into the japanese psyche from chilhood.

their reputation is held more sacred than their life itself..

they take great pride in the work they do and take responsibility for their products.

this reflects in the quality of all their products and services..be it machinery, autos, air conditioners..just about anything.
Very true, Manuuj. Its this quality that won the hears of the American auto market in the '70s. Today, Toyota and Honda are the benchmark for any car rolling out from any other manufacturer.
Old 18th September 2009, 11:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
as far as the luggage carrying capacity goes many a times the toll collectors have asked me if i was moving house owing to the amount of luggage and furniture (yes..furniture) i have lugged in my beloved dhanno !!
Hey Manu, I recently used my dad's Qualis to transport a cot from home to my place. The original plan was to lash the bed to the roof carrier, but I wasn't keen on that because there was highway driving involved and I was worried it might rain. So we tried shoving the bed inside the Qualis. We flattened the middle and rear rows of seats and fed the bed in from the boot. And lo-- all 6 feet 3 inches of the cot fit inside! I had to drive with the driver's seat pushed very close to the steering wheel, but the sight of a full-sized cot sitting inside the Qualis was something to see! Unfortunately I couldn't take a picture...

Quote:
Hi all!

I own a 2003 Qualis and am interested in ownership reviews of people who own these tried and tested workhorses.

My own car has done over 1.45,000 kms. and is in perfect running condition.

I was recently offered 3.60 lacs by the Toyota dealership for it as it is in IMMACULATE condition. (i'm not selling)
My folks are now looking to sell their Qualis... I'm not sure how old it is, but it's the older model with the smaller headlights and without the extra taillight assembly on the boot door. We got it at 60k and it's now 11 km short of 150,000 km on the odo. Dad is grumbling about the cost of the scheduled replacement of the timing belt, but then he always grumbles about not having any money

Anyway, we've been offered 5 lakhs for our car. It's not as well-maintained as yours seems to be, but it is a doctor's car with a fancy number plate ("1") in a small town. The taxi operators drool over it and regularly ask to buy it.

Point being, if you ever do plan to sell, ask for a higher price than 3.6!
Old 18th September 2009, 14:47   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Hey

My folks are now looking to sell their Qualis... I'm not sure how old it is, but it's the..

Point being, if you ever do plan to sell, ask for a higher price than 3.6!
Cheers for the heads up buddy!..shall definitely keep it in mind..

I just had the clutch system overhauled at around 1,50,000-1,55,000 kms. it costed less than 8000/- and has made a HUGE difference to the way the car drives. (This was its FIRST major repair in 6 years of uninterrupted use!)

It is now faster and quieter not to mention a marked improvement in fuel economy figures..its literally feels like its a brand new car again!..

No way am i going to sell it!.. I have booked the Fortuner which will only be delivered in Feb 2010 but i shall still use my trusty Qualis for my daily driving and factory duties.
Old 10th October 2009, 13:31   #30
BHPian

Hi guys, just wanted to tell you that someone came to my factory yesterday with their 2003 model Qualis and when out of curiosity i checked the odometer i got the surprise of my life when i read that it said 4,07,989 km's!!

That is almost three times what my Qualis has done (barely 1,60,000 km's)

The person was very happy with his Qualis also..i took a pic of the ODO but shall have to post it some other time.

On a sobering note some people tried to break into and steal my Qualis two nights ago.

They broke the rear left door quarter glass and unlocked the car..as soon as the door was opened the alarm went off loudly and and they ran away before i could come out..thank god for autocop!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks