Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2009, 13:47   #31
BHPian

Hello,

I had the qualis for three years from 2002 - 2005 and sold it to a friend when the ODO had done only 60k.
My dear friend still has it with a meter reading of 2.24L kms and still going strong.
Now i envy him for this.....
Old 10th October 2009, 14:00   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Hello,

I had the qualis for three years from 2002 - 2005 and sold it to a friend when the ODO had done only 60k.
My dear friend still has it with a meter reading of 2.24L kms and still going strong.
Now i envy him for this.....
60K..thats almost brand new for a Qualis!.. but im sure your friend will never forget the favour
Manuuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2009, 14:50   #33
BHPian

I have a 2002 qualis which has done around 128000 km, it was the car on which i and my elder brother learned driving and it has bore all are rash and negligence driving. But still my elder bro drives it and loves it, i have got swift vdi for myself but i miss my olden golden car. Manuujj i am sure now, i would love to copy your guard and fog lights now, on my car.
Old 10th October 2009, 15:01   #34
BHPian

Manuuj:

Congratulations on maintaining her so well. After reading your post, my respect for Qualis and Toyota have gone up many notches. I now look at Qualis with respect - can't imagine any car doing 400,000 in 6 years (about 200 km a day!) and still running.

This is the kind of car that I would like to own and feel pride and respect for, one that lasts for life whether or not it reflects status.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 10th October 2009, 15:30   #35
BHPian

Indeed a well maintained car. Slight OT , how about putting some pics of your other mentioned car.
Old 10th October 2009, 15:43   #36
BHPian

Very well maintained Qualis indeed for the milage she has run. Love the looks of it with the hellas etc.
My company has a White qualis used for intercity runs (mumbai-pune) and has clocked almost 2Lacs kms and still running beautifully. Almost stock condition except for 4 sets of replaced tyres. Also, my company has an Innova which has done 1.4 lacs and still running strong, but not as good as the Qualis. I look at Toyota with a lot of respect for their reliability and effeciency.
Old 10th October 2009, 16:29   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy3660 View Post
I have a 2002 qualis which has done around 128000 km,...But still my elder bro drives it and loves it, i have got swift vdi for myself but i miss my olden golden car. Manuujj i am sure now, i would love to copy your guard and fog lights now, on my car.
Cheers buddy..I'm glad you liked the car. I know EXACTLY how your brother feels!

In so far as the bullbar goes I had bought one from Bimbra in Delhi and then modified it myself..nothing much , just a few cuts here and extra welding there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Manuuj:

Congratulations on maintaining her so well. After reading your post, my respect for Qualis and Toyota have gone up many notches. I now look at Qualis with respect - can't imagine any car doing 400,000 in 6 years (about 200 km a day!) and still running.

This is the kind of car that I would like to own and feel pride and respect for, one that lasts for life whether or not it reflects status.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much for your kind words I used to wonder why people bought something as ugly as the Qualis before I owned one myself but now I too deeply respect Toyota for their Quality and Reliability (the most important factors when buying a vehicle for me)

Looks and Status come later down the list. Id rather be puttering along in my beloved "Dhanno" any day than be stuck on the roadside in E class or Audi that couldn't digest our fuel!

But luckily the Fortuner shall provide the best of both worlds.. looks and reliability! Cant wait till November!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
Indeed a well maintained car. Slight OT , how about putting some pics of your other mentioned car.
Thanks buddy..do check the 4X4 vehicles section for a thread "Range Rover Tonga Green Metallic" for a review and lots of pics of the Range Rover and Pajero in action!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunu View Post
Very well maintained Qualis indeed for the milage she has run. Love the looks of it with the hellas..condition except for 4 sets of replaced tyres. Also, my company has an Innova .. Qualis. I look at Toyota with a lot of respect for their reliability and effeciency.
As far as the mileage goes..till last evening i used to think that now my Qualis is indeed old at 1,60,000 odd Km's and 6 years of usage, but after seeing that 4 lac odd Km run Qualis i now feel my dhanno is but a teenager!!

People who buy a Toyota once always prefer to stick with Toyota on thier next purchases.

This can only be attributed to the high level of Quality Control their cars undergo and the confidence they inspire

Last edited by Manuuj : 10th October 2009 at 16:43. Reason: grammatical error
Old 28th April 2011, 16:25   #38
Senior - BHPian

re: Qualis @ 1,80,000 kms. Ownership reviews and pics..

Hi Manuuj !
Resuscitating an old thread from the shadows of time...

Came here rather late just to check on the ownership experience of old Toyota machines.
Great reading the posts here and that is one lovely old girl ! Great colour and a very well maintained Qualis. And a lovely write up too. Bravo Zulu on all counts !

Now comes the Q - what is its current status ? Is it still with you or has it finally been given to your toiling, eagerly waiting factory masses or have you sold it off ?
If sold - when, at what odo reading and what value did you realise ?

If the resuscitation of this thread causes a flood of happy memories to overwhelm you - it's my pleasure.

On the other hand if it causes you great sorrow, having to remember and feel the pain of having lost/given up a trusted friend - my apologies !

Last edited by Guderian : 28th April 2011 at 16:28.
Old 28th April 2011, 16:58   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Manuuj !
Resuscitating an old thread from the shadows of time...

Came here rather late just to check on the ownership experience of old Toyota machines.
Great reading the posts here and that is one lovely old girl ! Great colour and a very well maintained Qualis. And a lovely write up too. Bravo Zulu on all counts !

Now comes the Q - what is its current status ? Is it still with you or has it finally been given to your toiling, eagerly waiting factory masses or have you sold it off ?
If sold - when, at what odo reading and what value did you realise ?

If the resuscitation of this thread causes a flood of happy memories to overwhelm you - it's my pleasure.

On the other hand if it causes you great sorrow, having to remember and feel the pain of having lost/given up a trusted friend - my apologies !
The old girl is still very much with me and going as strong as ever, I'm watching it standing next to my office window as write this.

Its been booked for its 1,80,000 kms service for tomorrow and there are no issues to report as usual. I will have the suspension bushes taken a look at though.

They seem to have worn out due to the extra loads this vehicle carries sometimes on its Factory duties. Though it goes without saying that i am still the only one who drives it.

I shall also have the steering bushes checked as the steering seems a bit vague of late, which is a first in 7 years of ownership.

The Quality of this vehicle is truly phenomenal as it still drives pretty much like new. Summers have set in and i started using the air conditioning recently and it started cooling without any fuss at all. No leaks at all and no servicing or top ups were required for the system. Even the Wiper Washer Fluid mechanism works like new!!

Sometimes its these small things that point to the actual Care and Quality of manufacture that Toyota is known for.

There is a bit of Pitting under the inside beading of the left rear door but other than that nothing too serious.

I plan to get a complete inside out repaint and upholstery job done by this years end when it completes 2 lac kms.

I am sorry i cannot put up any new pics at the moment as my phone camera is kaput but will put up some pics at a later date.

I shall also update this thread after the 1.8 Lac Kms Service tomorrow.
Old 28th April 2011, 17:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
The old girl is still very much with me and going as strong as ever, I'm watching it standing next to my office window as write this.
Amazing ! Wonderful to have then resuscitated this thread and learn about the progress of the old girl. Great new write up again and always a pleasure to read about gracefully aging divas and machines doing really well for themselves.
A little late in day (but it is never to late if you haven't done it yet) - what have you named the beauty ? If not - about time !!!

Await her report tomorrow and regular feedback on her progress in life.

Last edited by Guderian : 28th April 2011 at 17:27.
Old 28th April 2011, 17:44   #41
BHPian

Great to see one well maintained workhorse. I like the way you still care for it and enjoy every moment. I have an Esteem Diesel thats in for its 3.10 lakh km service today. I know how you feel and can connect with the feeling very well. Keep it up and take good care of her .

Waiting for your post-service review.

Quote:
... what have you named the beauty ? If not - about time !!!
I think he calls her Dhanno!
benzinblut is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 17:48   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome!!
1.8L, GEEZ!!
man, when they say japanese engines are bulletproof, they mean it!!
there's a special love or hate bond between car and man, post the 1Lac mark.
most cant wait to get rid of the machine.
some, like us, regard them as, well, siblings, practically!!
i'm still hanging on to 2 post 1Lac cars myself!
great write-up buddy.
Now this a long-term review that is the baap of all long-terms.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 17:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Ahhh...yes, now I remember. I thought that is more as a war cry rather than a name.
Got it and thanks benzinblut !
Apologies Manuuj for asking you to rechristen a lady well past her prime by age and not performance !
Old 28th April 2011, 18:17   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Great to see one well maintained workhorse. I like the way you still care for it and enjoy every moment. I have an Esteem Diesel thats in for its 3.10 lakh km service today. I know how you feel and can connect with the feeling very well. Keep it up and take good care of her .

Waiting for your post-service review.

Thanks for your kind words buddy. 3.1 lac Kms is quite an achievement..my Congratulations!! When a bond forms over all these years and kilometers it is quite unbreakable.

I remember about 2 years into ownership of Dhanno the Service manager at Galaxy Toyota started pushing me to promise that whenever i do sell he shall be the first one to be offered the Vehicle. This ritual was repeated at every Service of 5000 kms. So till date he has asked me to sell him the car over 30 times already but to no avail.

When i went for the 1000 kms checkup for the Fortuner he looked at me horrified and asked "bech diya kya?" I ofcourse reassured him that nothing of that sort had taken place.

Last i heard he has retired and moved back to South India and i shall miss his smiling face as he greeted me every time when i went.

I doubt very much that i would sell Dhanno at any time now..its been a painless 7 years and she has served me well. I make her sound old but she is not..all she needs is some TLC and some new make up and she will have Katrina and Deepika running for cover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Awesome!!
1.8L, GEEZ!!
man, when they say japanese engines are bulletproof, they mean it!!
there's a special love or hate bond between car and man, post the 1Lac mark.
most cant wait to get rid of the machine.
some, like us, regard them as, well, siblings, practically!!
i'm still hanging on to 2 post 1Lac cars myself!
great write-up buddy.
Now this a long-term review that is the baap of all long-terms.
Thank you for your kind words too buddy! Its nice to know that i am in the company of such kindred souls.

Quote:
Ahhh...yes, now I remember. I thought that is more as a war cry rather than a name.
Got it and thanks benzinblut !
Apologies Manuuj for asking you to rechristen a lady well past her prime by age and not performance !
Past her prime?! Not at all dear fellow!! She is but a twenty something on the cusp of her 30's.

If you consider the Qualis's that have crossed the 4 lac kms mark as 60 year old ladies Dhanno has barely tickled the 1.8 km mark yet.

As i said in my Post above all she needs is some TLC and some new make up and she will have Katrina and Deepika running for cover!
Old 28th April 2011, 18:25   #45
BHPian

Yes, the bond that forms is indeed unbreakable. Its more like a family member. You can check my longterm review here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ip-review.html

High mileage cars are truly unique. In my case, ther service advisors wouldnt believe how we could clock so many kms so quickly and consistently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks