Old 11th December 2009, 13:20   #196
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaduri View Post
@adc: So the nightmare is over and life is normal once again. Shantanu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
Congratulations are in order to ADC and TML for the very mature way in which they complimented each other resulting a very happy customer (ADC) and lot of public support and good wishes for TML.

You both have been a huge support, of course among with all the others. Thanks again.

And the best thing here was that TM responded immediately, the mail was sent at 4 am [made it as objective as possible - not to make it a rant or backlash kind of mail, it took a good 3-4 hrs to find correct language and shape it up] and I had a reply back by 630 am around!

The mail was "we will inspect and revert back" - so it was not like that they had agreed to change engine/turbo just getting the mail.

They had their top senior technical guy [a senior citizen age person called Mr Datta] inspect the engine thoroughly the very next day and had a decision by late evening.

Any manufacturer could have [not that all would have], played it hard extending the misery period or even put the complete blame on the customer - that would have been nasty to say the least for a customer.

Last but not the least, must acknowledge the services of this TASC, both the owner and the service manager [ a senior citizen guy from the Tata Mercedes days].

I also apologized to this TASC service manager - he could not communicate clearly about the extended warranty things on the phone [he had been out of Bengal for a whole lot of time and he had to talk in Bengali that afternoon and thus in all the tension in first 2 days the ambiguity increased more.

Plus on the phone when he asked about the service history is finding amiss and asking about my Patna service - since I had not met him before thought it to be smart back person trying to deny extended warranty to me. Well he was just filling up the EW forms and was asking me about it.

Anyway we were all good now and he has also started reading my travelogues and stories!

But I do hold up all that I written about KB Motors [TASS], never called them up to blast or that - that is TM's lookout if they want to. I will just skip KB from now and go to this TASC or at Lexus [thanks Bagchi].

Another thing, Extended warranty is just like warranty, absolutely vital and TM does honour it fully - this is from the Tata Person over here and from my own immediate experience - definitely can be vouched by other 3.0 L Safari owners too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
ADC, are you sure on the VAT prices of the material above ?
If your prices are true and correct, then we in Pune are being fleeced.

Have a look at my BILL here

Yes forgot to mention out there, all those costs, other than the labour, are with 15% discount mentioned on the invoice discount column. My other voluntary oil changes were almost at the same cost as that of yours.

In summary, nothing is amiss. And on the flip side, let us all press for a 15% discount on the oil change and if successful even on the materials!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Congrats ADC. Now waiting for you to entertain us with some lovely travelogues and last but not the least, kudos to TATA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Congratulations. Looking forward to reading a great travelogue from you soon.
Thanks again.

Last edited by adc : 11th December 2009 at 13:32.
Old 11th December 2009, 13:20   #197
BHPian

Congratulations. Looking forward to reading a great travelogue from you soon.
Old 11th December 2009, 13:42   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Yes forgot to mention out there, all those costs, other than the labour, are with 15% discount mentioned on the invoice discount column. My other voluntary oil changes were almost at the same cost as that of yours.

In summary, nothing is amiss. And on the flip side, let us all press for a 15% discount on the oil change and if successful even on the materials!
This is good news. I/We must make it a point ask for discount. I never thought() that discount was a possibility.
Old 11th December 2009, 13:55   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is good news. I/We must make it a point ask for discount. I never thought() that discount was a possibility.
Do you know that if you are a member of tata motors gold clud, you get discounts anyways and all you have to pay is some 500 bucks to register
here Tata Motors Customer Care :: Gold Club Membership & Safari Membership Details

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 11th December 2009 at 13:56.
Old 11th December 2009, 14:12   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know that if you are a member of tata motors gold clud, you get discounts anyways and all you have to pay is some 500 bucks to register
here Tata Motors Customer Care :: Gold Club Membership & Safari Membership Details
You have to visit "a" TASS to enroll. The membership is not applicable at any other TASS/ TASC.
With ADC having the distinction of servicing at all different outlets across various states, such a membership would be of no use.

From what I could gather, TASC / TML have given him a discount of 15% across board. (Maybe his PR is exceptional and he could give us a few pointers here).
Old 11th December 2009, 14:38   #201
Senior - BHPian

adc, happy about how it has turned out! I expected no less.

The whole episode somehow has a sense of dé·jà vu.

What matters most to us is that another awesome travelogue will soon come our way!
Old 12th December 2009, 10:11   #202
Senior - BHPian

Welcome, the TMT with its master back to the world of travellers.
Old 12th December 2009, 16:22   #203
Senior - BHPian

i too visited a TASC lastweek and he said thatif I bring my safari regularly to his workshop he would give a disciunt of 10% which they would later increase to 15%. i will definitely try thisTASC for my next service
Old 12th December 2009, 17:46   #204
Senior - BHPian

adc, saw your thread just now. glad that the beast is back with a new heart and minimal financial crunch to you. all problems solved amicably. So this is a case of sabotage and not any failure of tata product ?
Old 13th December 2009, 14:57   #205
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I could gather, TASC / TML have given him a discount of 15% across board.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
i too visited a TASC lastweek and he said thatif I bring my safari regularly to his workshop he would give a disciunt of 10% which they would later increase to 15%. i will definitely try thisTASC for my next service

Thats it then, 10-15% is what we press for and squeeze out from the TASC/TASS and lets make it a norm from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
adc, happy about how it has turned out! I expected no less.

The whole episode somehow has a sense of dé·jà vu.

What matters most to us is that another awesome travelogue will soon come our way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Welcome, the TMT with its master back to the world of travellers.

Sure it is a relief for us and again to say amazing support and feedback I got from all tbhpians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
So this is a case of sabotage and not any failure of tata product ?
Very objectively speaking of it would be gross negligence - and well in a way negligence can be also classified as sabotage as the end result is the same - damage.

Now KB Motors is a very big dealer workshop, going through thousands of oil change of different cars in a year without any issues. So what happened for my time.

As per the very initial diagnosis of the TASC [where the VTT was towed to], there was ---

""After seeing those metal shavings, had talk with Mr Vivek Gupta of this TASC [Just Services] – accordingly his initial talk that day was that some kind of service issues being at KB Motors itself – where it was serviced last, there was negligence or something, and the shavings were there in oil cylinder itself and the shavings got caught at the strainer, as such no oil reached the oil pump and the engine got starved of lubrication.

In summary, his initial diagnosis that day was of oil pump failure, which was due to impurities that very carelessly was left and mistakenly not removed and thus within 50-60 km going out from KB, the incident happened so catostrophically requiring engine and turbo change. The contaminated oil was doing the damage the moment Safari came out from KB Motors and finally at 50-60 kms the complete engine seized.

As said earlier
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1580751

[quote]Investigation would have undoubted proved of some gross negligence at KB Motors [gross negligence is indeed another kind of sabotage for a customer]. A complete engine block change would not have happened otherwise so quickly.

The negligence and needle of suspision at
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img_4696.jpg  

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img_4697.jpg  

Last edited by adc : 13th December 2009 at 15:07.
Old 13th December 2009, 15:46   #206
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
So this is a case of sabotage and not any failure of tata product? -- contd from above..

CONTINUED FROM THE PREVIOUS POST - as the previous post got cut off abruptly while pasting from the notepad

As said earlier
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1580751

Quote:
Investigation would have undoubted proved of some gross negligence at KB Motors [gross negligence is indeed another kind of sabotage for a customer]. A complete engine block change would not have happened otherwise so quickly.

The negligence and needle of suspision at KB was triggered at Just Services unintentionally when I visted on Monday, the first day it was worked upon. Their first reaction was like:

"Engine oil starts to change colour as soon as the car starts and by that kms would have turned dark or at least very darkish green, but the oil that was in the sump was almost clear as the new one. So from the moment it came out of KB, the engine was being starved of oil, slowly and slowly, until failed and seized catastrophically."

This very important lead news that I gathered on Monday itself set into motion the whole negligence thing from that TASS. Never on that Sunday I thought this was a big problem like.

Of course, naturally, they changed the tone somewhat as that pits the TASC and TASS against one another, but that is Tata Motors lookout to see who is out of line. Just wanted the engine as magnificent as it was.

So we after a month we do a full circle, again on a Sunday, we go for the pollution check - the trip that triggered it all-

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Sunday just so normal. Relaxed day, took the VTT out for getting the pollution check done as 6 months was over, it hasnt gone out of the garage for around 7-8 days. Just like any other day it started with one flick of the switch and I along with my ever-excited son go out with the VTT heading now to the pollution centre [he thinks another big journey is near and is full of energy], less than 1 km away from my house.

Just as we had neared the pollution centre, suddenly see the oil pressure icon glowing

Well same Sunday, and this time definitely it was without a hiccup, all good, engine super smooth and silent - again did not go through the gears too fast - around 1001-150 km max of run-in it is going to get before it goes for the overnight highway drive .

Very pleasantly surprised to see and hear The pollution help-guy and owner both were asking me about the car, and they said like they would talk about it and hoped to see it again back and wondered what happened after that stall.

And more surprised since this is the first time the pollution guy is getting a 0 value . Safari VTT 2.2 Believe it or not!!

This done today[13/12/09] at 35422 km

see the above 1st image from the previous post

This done 7 months back [April 09] at 23000 km

see the above 2nd image from the previous post

Last edited by adc : 13th December 2009 at 15:53.
Old 13th December 2009, 15:55   #207
Senior - BHPian

@adc: What is kval and that does it denote?
Old 13th December 2009, 22:58   #208
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

ADC - many congrats and many more kms of touring on the refreshed TMT
Old 14th December 2009, 19:39   #209
Senior - BHPian

ADC, good to know your truck is back in good condition and the issue was favorable resolved. I guess the patience & tact paid well.
At the same time, faith being restored for many Safari owners, that at least TML is there to rescue you from shoddy dealers & service centers.

Im sure it must be a wonderful feeling to have your own faith restored and an even more wonderful feeling to crank that new engine every morning.!!!

Cheers,

J
Old 15th December 2009, 21:45   #210
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
@adc: What is kval and that does it denote?
MC, have asked that before also to the pollution guy but the best knowledge he has is that for a diesel car should have a value of around 2.5 or less.

Dont the PC certificate that you have, have the same type of coloumn or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
ADC - many congrats and many more kms of touring on the refreshed TMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
ADC, good to know your truck is back in good condition and the issue was favorable resolved.
J
Thanks both. Good to see you back JSL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks