Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 18:17   #331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-B

Awesome writeup/report/ownership dairy! Hats off adc!
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 03:40   #332
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-B

Your Safari is truly amazing. I just hope I conquer atleast half of what you have conquered with your 2wd safari. Great summary of your vehicle in you last two posts. I am looking forward to seeing more of you 2012 travels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
The Safari VTT-TMT was bought the day it was released in Kolkata on Oct 15, 2007 and by Oct 16, 2011 it was going out for a 2500 km for the North Bengal forests. The run-in was done on NH34 itself. Son was 2-1/2 years old and thus began our journeys for the years to come.
Correction: I think you meant Oct 16th 2007.
himavanth_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2012, 15:55   #333
Senior - BHPian

Salute you "adc" this is he way a Safari is meant to be used!

your thread is for sure a inspiration to many and for those who plan to own the indian beast! also it clears the myth that the Safari is unreliable...

meanwhile i have booked the Safari(LX) couple of days back and eagerly looking forward to it!
lohithrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 13:33   #334
adc
Senior - BHPian

Hey just another reason for the delay! - had been out in Leh in Jan-Feb for the Chadar Zanskar trek and returned last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
Your Safari is truly amazing. I just hope I conquer atleast half of what you have conquered with your 2wd safari. Great summary of your vehicle in you last two posts. I am looking forward to seeing more of you 2012 travels.

Correction: I think you meant Oct 16th 2007.

Thanks much for those wonderful words and the correction. Oct 16, 2007 is the day the Safari VTT was driven out of the showroom.

Yes, surely it has been a dream 4 years of travel . Things might just slow down a little[!] with the Safari as we take up more of trekking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
meanwhile i have booked the Safari(LX) couple of days back and eagerly looking forward to it!
Thanks again, do hope you have great travels.

As my wife surmises it aptly - the moment you sit on the Safari, you feel like driving away to distant lands. Happy touring!
adc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 14:24   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey just another reason for the delay! - had been out in Leh in Jan-Feb for the Chadar Zanskar trek and returned last week.
Nice, where was you there?. I was there till 30-Jan
Old 16th February 2012, 11:11   #336
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Nice, where was you there?. I was there till 30-Jan
Wow! I have been there from 29 jan to 6 feb. I will be putting an addendum of the journey in the ladakh travelogue of mine. Any link for your winter ladakh photos?
Old 16th February 2012, 12:52   #337
Senior - BHPian

Dude adc

You are incredible. Kudos!! I was glued to the whole thread from start to end. Tatas will be very proud with the performance of the Safari through all these roads, territories.

I was almost biting my nails watching the video of Killar to Kisthwar route. It was scary, hair-raising experience. I can't imagine how it must have been in flesh.

Overall, it looks like the Safari just rocks be it a soft urban road or the roads you've traveled.

Thanks for sharing. It is really inspiring.

Cheers!
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 15:26   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! I have been there from 29 jan to 6 feb. I will be putting an addendum of the journey in the ladakh travelogue of mine. Any link for your winter ladakh photos?
was there till 29th Jan. Waiting for you pics

Here are few I have processed :
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2737723&type=3
rkbharat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 19:10   #339
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
was there till 29th Jan. Waiting for you pics

Here are few I have processed :
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2737723&type=3

Great pics of winter Pangong! Just posted more pics of the trek and of Leh as addendum to the travelogue.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...t-10-a-15.html
Old 15th March 2012, 03:34   #340
adc
Senior - BHPian

As i finish work at this late night - I wonder what are defining moments in a vehicle history. Is it those already done or to be done, or both.

And then you ask at that moment how much do you still trust/have faith in your vehicle?

80k younger and 4.5 years old and witness to many a brutal terrain and wonderful & varied experiences - but is it still ready to respond at a moment's notice for a rush of a visceral joy to an unknown land and people. And then we question, are we ourselves ready for that "rush" in "moment's notice"?

and it all comes down to a may be and what if...

Last edited by adc : 15th March 2012 at 04:00.
adc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 04:27   #341
Senior - BHPian

Hats off..... i have nothing more to say. After seeing that killar to kishtwar track, bataal to chandertal looks like a cake walk.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2012, 13:02   #342
AVR
BHPian

What an amazing experience! The Chap Rasta was quite an experience even to watch!

While I see a strong case for a 4wd Safari to take you places, I also agree that it would be tough to let go of a vehicle that took you all over. Your ownership of the Safari is quite clearly the aspirational life that their Ads project and what many owners aim for.

Hats off to you!
Cheers,
Adi
AVR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 19:36   #343
BHPian

My truck is failing Pollution check. I am being told the HSU% is greater than 65. There is no visible smoke, and my engine is also not noisy. Which leaves me very confused.

1. Can the system D i always add cause high HSU?
2. What is this HSU% and what causes it?
3. I have cleaned the air filter also.

<Sorry seems like posted on wrong thread...>

Last edited by ankur_gupta10 : 17th January 2013 at 19:37.
ankur_gupta10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 20:32   #344
adc
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp

10 years of amazing ownership and close to a 1.5 lakh km of wandering!

October 17, 2017, our Safari VTT - TMT completed its 10th year - in those years it has gotten through journeys to the most remote parts of India and has travelled and been on roads, tracks, dirt and sand - and I dare and proudly say even most the 4wds out there ever been through - having brought us back to home safely each and every time.

For the 10th year celebration travel, I planned up a journey that was the most brutal, a 2000 km travel and then a 2-hour trek to a remote lake somewhere in the Himalayas. Never been visited much by car and when I put in the travelogue [i should start writing again!], it would be the first ever again like the pioneering travel that had chap rasta video - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...er-2011-a.html

Roads were great at first and vistas superb
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img25.jpg

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img17.jpg

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img24.jpg

and then they rapidly deteriorated a bit..

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img2.jpg

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img26.jpg

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img1.jpg

..now there is a uphill track out here somewhere
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img13.jpg

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img16.jpg

A local driver says - a car of 1 year old becomes 10 years old in a year in these tracks and I wonder what a 10-year old much abused Safari would be like after this journey!!??

Concentrated error-free driving of 12 hours and more every day still has me left with bent footboards, banged engine guards, punctured tyres and more --- you get stuck up here in these areas you have to leave your vehicle.
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img15.jpg

and we were this close to do that and/or just may be tumble down
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img27.jpg

Into the night and I still search my way.
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img5.jpg

and when you reach road/dirt track end, you still have a 2 hour night trek through forests and for what???
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img6.jpg

for this lake, tell me now - wasn't it worth it - a very first travel ever to this high altitude lake in the Himalayas
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img22-2.jpg

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img7.jpg

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img23.jpg

and later still while returning we went to a remote forest crossing a river.
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img18.jpg

Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img19.jpg

and just each and everytime, Safari VTT-TMT bought us back home safe and soundly - never mention about selling in front my son - it is his younger brother!
Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp-img21.jpg

Last edited by adc : 27th October 2017 at 20:54.
adc is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 20:37   #345
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 LX VTT-TMT [The Magnificient Tourer] - the first 2.2 on T-Bhp

A travelogue would be icing on the cake, please spare some time for one

May we know the location please? I am equally okay if you are planning a travelogue and wish to reveal it there :-)
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks