Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2009, 13:16   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
A +10 to that sir, Never have i experienced a 3 pot slow revving diesel engine to be so much fun!
+2 on that. Owning the same car, i can totally concur

2.40 Lakhs for a 5 year old car is a bit less don't you think? Maybe i am bit spoilt by better resale value in Hyderabad.
Old 16th October 2009, 16:52   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
2.40 Lakhs for a 5 year old car is a bit less don't you think? Maybe i am bit spoilt by better resale value in Hyderabad.
Well, one of the issues that didn't let me get a better price was the numbers on the odo. 100,000 is a magical figure beyond which most used car buyers are a little wary of spending money - however good the car. Another parameter I used was the Carwale valuation, which ranged between 2.10 - 2.50 L - so I thought the orice I got was not too bad. Also, another t-bhp member sold his 5-year-old Viva CRDi at sub-2L. prices AFAIK ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...68000-kms.html).

In any case, I've found there are not too many takers for this car - the enthusiastic cognoscenti only exist on this forum, but enthusiast does not always equal can afford it. I've had offers to buy the car for a price as low as 1.5 L.
Old 17th October 2009, 20:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Also, another t-bhp member sold his 5-year-old Viva CRDi at sub-2L. prices AFAIK ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...68000-kms.html).
Yup, i am that member.

One of the Kolkata Hyundai dealers had given me a quote 1.2 lacs....
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:57   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, one of the issues that didn't let me get a better price was the numbers on the odo. 100,000 is a magical figure beyond which most used car buyers are a little wary of spending money - however good the car. Another parameter I used was the Carwale valuation, which ranged between 2.10 - 2.50 L - so I thought the orice I got was not too bad. Also, another t-bhp member sold his 5-year-old Viva CRDi at sub-2L. prices AFAIK ( http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...68000-kms.html).

In any case, I've found there are not too many takers for this car - the enthusiastic cognoscenti only exist on this forum, but enthusiast does not always equal can afford it. I've had offers to buy the car for a price as low as 1.5 L.
That's sad. In that case,the price you got was much better. But, it also means you lost 5.10 lakhs over a 5 year period. I am dreading at that thought

My Viva completed 46K Kms and is exactly 3 years old. Should i hang on to it for 2 years or 1 year, what do you recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Yup, i am that member.

One of the Kolkata Hyundai dealers had given me a quote 1.2 lacs....
That's terrible Abhi. How many years and how much you clocked on it? Also, what price you finally sold it for?
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:03   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

That's terrible Abhi. How many years and how much you clocked on it? Also, what price you finally sold it for?
5 years, 68000 kms, excellent condition. Only 1.8 lacs.

That too after a lot of running around on my part..
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:57   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But, it also means you lost 5.10 lakhs over a 5 year period. I am dreading at that thought
My Viva completed 46K Kms and is exactly 3 years old. Should i hang on to it for 2 years or 1 year, what do you recommend?
46 k km is when you've just got addicted to the car . The next 54,000km would actually let you get emotionally attached to the vehicle.

The way I looked at it, this car had a path-breaking new engine (there were no other common rail diesels in December 2004 apart from the Merc CDI and Hyundai's own Elantra/Tucson - the same engine with an extra cylinder). Assuming I had bought a NHC Type 3 then (about the same price for EXi), I would have sold it at @3.2L instead of 2.4L now - a benefit of 80k, which I have already reaped due to lower costs of running on diesel. And the ANHC would not have been so much fun. So no regrets.

I'd suggest you hang on till at least 80k km if you are enjoying the car, then sell. But it's an out-of-production model, so prices will drop faster than warranted (even the current petrol Accent will go out of production next year). And the engine has some unjustified bad press, despite my own car never having faced any trouble - another reason for price drop. If, on the other hand, you want more mod cons in your car, and DON'T enjoy driving it as much as you would like to (my back problem made it a little difficult to get in and out of the car), sell it out.
Old 23rd October 2009, 19:46   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I source my spares from a shop in Savitri Nagar (Malviya Nagar). If you are interested to get the address, please PM me.
Will he be able to send parts to Mumbai as you know theses HASS dont sell parts and ask you to bring the car to them so that they can squeez you properly Dammn these Jokers. pls inform me about his address and phones,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RishiSuri View Post
I agree with you that HMP Delhi is no longer what it used to be few years ago. The sales team is unfriendly so is the servicing department.
Brother they are same all over the country these JOKERS find every opurtunity to fleece you of all money you have and big talks about their product with not that much knowhow about the same

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd October 2009 at 22:12. Reason: Please avoid posting multiple back to back posts. Thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:11   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As the time comes closer for me to dispose of the car, I am not feeling overly enthusiastic about it. I am attached to the car, it's been a lovely and trouble-free ownership experience, and I'll be sad to see it go.
SS, me too was in the same predicament when the Scorp came. I had a Maruti 800 (in original paint) that has been with the family for 22 years and with me for 19 years. 19 years with a single car is no joke. I just went around and checked how much I would get for selling it. The answer was Rs 20-25 K.I took a spot decision and decided that Rs 25 K is nothing to compensate my heartburn if the little car goes! So I said nothing doing and the car is still with me!
Accent Viva CRDi Dec '04 - Bid Adieu After 106,063 km.-dsc03688.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 23rd October 2009 at 20:21.
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:30   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
pls inform me about his address and phones,
Have sent you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Brother they are same all over the country these JOKERS find every opurtunity to fleece you of all money you have and big talks about their product with not that much knowhow about the same
If it was the dealers who behaved this way, I wouldn't have been so upset - but this is HMP, the company's own service centre attached to their corporate office - and I haven't been happy with the quality of interaction there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
SS, me too was in the same predicament when the Scorp came. I had a Maruti 800 (in original paint) that has been with the family for 22 years and with me for 19 years. 19 years with a single car is no joke. I just went around and checked how much I would get for selling it. The answer was Rs 20-25 K.I took a spot decision and decided that Rs 25 K is nothing to compensate my heartburn if the little car goes! So I said nothing doing and the car is still with me!
Keeping back your 800 was a good decision - there are places one cannot take a Scorpio to, only a small car can do it. In my case, there's already a Swift at home, which does the job where a Scorpio cannot. Plus the low-slung seat of the Accent did make getting in and out a little troublesome for me and my bad back.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 23rd October 2009 at 21:33.
Old 25th October 2009, 19:30   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Have sent you a PM.
the low-slung seat of the Accent did make getting in and out a little troublesome for me and my bad back.
Yes SS ji me too agree that getting in and out of the accent is a bit uncomfortable for guys who weigh more than 100kg like me with 183 cm height.But still i love my accent (which is running still young even after his oddo clocked 100k) and here at coimbatore hyundai services is pricey but reliable.regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks