Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 12:20   #31
BHPian

Your decision is right. You can hold on to the car for a long time. Our car has done 65k and not a single reason to complain. Utterly reliable, comfortable on the pocket, and a hoot to drive. What else we can ask for?
Old 1st December 2009, 21:32   #32
BHPian

Hve just done a service at 45000 km. I do my oil changes at intervals of every 10 k starting from 25000 km. The a/c had stopped cooling, turned out it was just a blown 20A fuse, but since it might be a precursor to more serious stuff, had them service the a/c in any case. Also I use the a/c 99 per cent of the time, so absolutely need it to work.
Filled Mobil 1 as usual, cost me 4 x 750/- litre.
A/c service was 2900/- incl compressor oil.
Service costs 850/-
Did an engine wax (basically a thorough cleaning of engine bay) which I like because I have a hang-up about clean engine bays - 750/-
Car runs like new
Old 1st December 2009, 22:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
I dont remember changing air Filter at every service. Oil Filter and Fuel filter yes..but not Air filter
Yes, no need to change air-filter at every service. As per MSIL, the air-filter (paper-type) needs to be changed every 20k kms, which is like for every 2nd service (service interval is 10k kms for Baleno). And if it is a K&N, then you just need to clean the filter.
Old 1st December 2009, 23:52   #34
BHPian

hello friends. I have a 2006 baleno at family and its used rarely. Till date only 26k kms has been covered. Though the car is regularly started. Last week when I jus took it out for a ride, I couldnt start the car after a halt. Then had to push n start the car. Later the service person said battery needs to be changed.

Am using a 100/130W phillips clear vision headlamp. What battery should i use? which is the best brand available? and what Ah battery should i go in for? Kindly help me out as i need to purchase tomorrow itself as i need the car urgently
thanks
Old 1st December 2009, 23:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

I would think that you can get the battery charged and check if this works. If it still doesn't, then you might need to get a new battery. I got Amaron - don't remember the model no and stuff, but they know what is a match for the Baleno.
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:26   #36
BHPian

actually, the service person said that a cell had gone. will try your suggestion though. Will ask him to recharge and try.
If that doesn work out, then i shall go to Amaron dealer.
Btw, i have a doubt. Is it ok if i put up a bigger Ah battery? will the alternator need to be modded to get the battery charged normally?

Thanks for the reply Supreme
Old 2nd December 2009, 00:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Well, if a cell has indeed gone, then "usually" the battery is a goner.

I got a normal battery (no fancy ICE or stuff in my car) - so no idea about a higher Ah battery.
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:33   #38
BHPian

If a cell is gone, you will have to chuck the battery. Get a plain vanilla direct replacement. I personally chose Exide, but all big brands are roughly the same quality.
Old 12th December 2009, 17:05   #39
BHPian

though I have asked it in my what car thread, I see most of the baleno owners have poste here so here I go,

is it OK to buy a 3 year old 93k km baleno from Maruti true value with 1 yer warranty on parts and 3 service free.
What sort of replacements are required in 1 lac km service schedule (so I can negotiate for that)
what is the average working life of engine (Kms)
Old 12th December 2009, 17:22   #40
BHPian

hey congrats madhukar_n yet another fan here , bought mine 6 months back with 14k on the odo , just crossed 20K . she handles real good
Old 13th December 2009, 11:41   #41
BHPian

@rock,

First impression, 93k mileage in three years is a lot. 31K a year and if you calculate the working 5 working days a week, this works to be almost 120 Kms daily.

Secondly, Maybe you should paste a link to your original thread.

1 Year warranty on parts is a good, I am sure you will check for any deviations and what is not included.

If I am not wrong .. around 100K kms, the car will be due for a routine maintenance around the timing area and ofcourse the shock absorbers.

In all a fun car to own and drive.

Enjoy
Old 20th October 2010, 12:27   #42
BHPian

Baleno completed 75K and its report.

Writing a report for the 75K. (I did not know how to EDIT the title).

The last i wrote was for 60K sometime in 2009 and in less than 2 years completed 25K more.

Just a recap - it is a Aug 2005 model Lxi baleno. I have put the stock 13" alloys with a 185/70 GIII tyres. The only other modification i had made was a stock replacement K&N filter.

Now for the 60-75K report.
60-65K went without much fuss. Regular 5K servicing. Most of them were city rides with occasional highway trips.

Somewhere we decided we will take this car to Leh in 2010. so after 65K i got the following done

1) Timing and Fan belt change
2) Going back to Stock Air filter
3) Power steering belt change.
4) Custom built sump guard

After these changes with regular oil changes the bill had come up to Rs.7000. This has been the maximum i have paid so far for servicing. Around 68K we left for Leh and in Ahmedabad we came to know of the Cloud burst. So we made alternate plans and went to Rajasthan tour. We did Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer. We got bored of forts and headed back to Bangalore from Jaisalmer non-stop. The total trip was about 6.5K kms.

A few days after we came back, had to replace the battery. It costed about 4200/-. Then recently did the 75K service. Just oil change and costed about 2500/-. This week we are taking it to Udupi streatch. So most probably 1K more will be added to the odometer.

After having driven it for 75K, not even once I have felt i have had enough. It is still giving me good mileage, around 14(both city and highways). No major repairs. Hoping to be good for another 75K !!

I dont see any further changes getting done, though a few are telling me to put a FFE. Maybe once it reaches 90K or 100K I will change the tyres(before also if they give up). The only negative even now is the low GC. Other than that i feel it is better than even the SX4.( i have driven the non-VVT SX4).

Somtimes I feel like selling this and maybe buy a bolero or vento, but lack of compelling reasons to sell this and also the additional EMI make me drop the idea almost instantaneously.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

@Madhukar you need to report your post to the mods for a title change. I ahve done it for you this time. You shall see the title changed soon. Nice report and continue having fun with your steed.
Old 26th October 2010, 15:25   #44
BHPian

Madhukar, why go back to the stock filter? I have just put in a Green cotton filter, a drop-in replacement one in the original box. I can't honestly say anything is different, so I'll check if my FE is taking a hit after some 1000 km.
The power steering belt and other belts, when were they changed last, any signs of failure before you changed them?
Old 26th October 2010, 15:46   #45
BHPian

Thanks for edit part.
All those belts got changed for tbe first time.
Somehow felt the drive better on the stock filter.

Last edited by madhukar_n : 26th October 2010 at 15:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks