Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2014, 15:23   #316
BHPian

Re: @2197xx Kms - Latest Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
In my case, this one will always remain with us till we can maintain it well.
Yeah, even i'm trying to retain it indefinitely. The crux of the argument is that it needs a suspension overhaul (front+rear) as its been on absolutely abusive roads - as gently as possible, but still damaging.

Lets see how the verdict goes.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 19:55   #317
BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

As an owner of a Maruti Wagon R that has done almost 95k and is going to be 10 next year, I am in awe of you AND your steed.

Kudos.

May your tribe grow !
sandip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:37   #318
BHPian

Parag, any idea how much the tail lamp cluster costs for Wagon-R? My father's Wagon-R was hit by a two-wheeler from behind last night and the tail lamp now sports multiple cracks. The bulbs are working fine but, I guess the outer casing needs to be replaced..
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:45   #319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Parag, any idea how much the tail lamp cluster costs for Wagon-R? My father's Wagon-R was hit by a two-wheeler from behind last night and the tail lamp now sports multiple cracks. The bulbs are working fine but, I guess the outer casing needs to be replaced..
If you are referring to the same model that I have, it should cost anything between 1100-1300 per cluster.

And yes, the entire cluster needs to be changed.

Insist on Lumax or FIEM brand. If you can get hold of Lumax distributor in your city, he will surely have stock of this.

Last I had replaced was way back in 2011 IIRC and I remember I paid around 1100.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:52   #320
BHPian

Quote:
If you are referring to the same model that I have, it should cost anything between 1100-1300 per cluster.

And yes, the entire cluster needs to be changed.

Insist on Lumax or FIEM brand. If you can get hold of Lumax distributor in your city, he will surely have stock of this.

Last I had replaced was way back in 2011 IIRC and I remember I paid around 1100.
Thanks man.. The car is a 2014 model with around 5k on the odo. Will the service center have stock on the above mentioned brands?
Old 23rd December 2014, 11:57   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Thanks man.. The car is a 2014 model with around 5k on the odo. Will the service center have stock on the above mentioned brands?
Absolutely yes. It is a fast moving part.

If you can, pick this up from Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) outlet in your city, thats easier as well.

Of course, fitting will be a DIY then. Max 15 minutes.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 17:10   #322
BANNED

Hi Parag - Hats off to the way you've maintained your wagonr, it looks superb. I've tried to follow you and my waggy has done 122000 Kms in last 8.5 years I bought it in 2006. No major problems only regular service every 7-8k kms with gear oil change every 30k kms and spark plug change every alternate service. I drove it till 62k kms on petrol and after than on CNG and it drives like a dream even till date.

Lately I'm having an issue so wanted to run through you. My car jerks on CNG but works fine on petrol. My mechanic says its with ignition coils but I don't want to take this plunge at it will cost 3500+. Have you ever faced issues with ignition coils any symptoms that you can share ?

Here're some of the latest pics of my car.

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img_20140929_180943.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img_20140929_181021.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img_20140929_181009.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img_20140929_180953.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img_20141205_173656.jpg

Thanks in advance !

Cheers
Akhilesh
akhilesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 17:38   #323
Senior - BHPian

@akhilesh - That is a well maintained Wagon R there. Have you checked the air filter? CNG is really sensitive to a choked air filter.
Old 1st January 2015, 08:20   #324
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@akhilesh - That is a well maintained Wagon R there. Have you checked the air filter? CNG is really sensitive to a choked air filter.
Thanks ET - yup got it changed and yes it did make a difference but only momentarily. I suspect bad CNG tune-up or maybe issues with the advancer too but wanted to rule out ignition coil first.
Old 30th March 2015, 11:48   #325

Quote:
Thanks Sumeet. In fact my WagonR's first suspesion job (struts and Bushes only) was around the 75-80k mark. Second one happened at 147k and this time it included lower arms, Tie Roads, Steering ball joint ends.

I have been mentioning all over this review that the car is not used in a sophisticated manner and only on good roads. It has seen its share of bad to worst roads during these 8.5 years too.
Congratulations on your every increasing odo reading Parag

My Waggie (just completed 10 years on the road) has completed 120,000 on the odo and requires a Suspension job along with tie rods, arms and ball joints replacement (thanks to a shabby alignment job by Green Cars Koramangala, after which it wobbles a lot). Would you suggest the place where you got it done in Bangalore? I have a long list of jobs I need to get done on my Wagon and I'm not willing to sell it because of all the attachment to it. Would you advice how much would these cost from your mechanic?

1) Clutch
2) Front & Rear suspension - (tie rods, steering ball joints, lower arms too)
3) Exhaust pipe (the rear part of the muffler broke yesterday! It rattles)
4) Tyres change
5) Windscreen change - too many scratches to be safely driven at night
5) Paint job (if Lakshmi exists, else in FY 16)

I'm going abroad for half a year and need to store my car. Any advices particularly for the WagonR?
(I'm going to get these jobs done only once I'm back.)

Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 13:31   #326
BHPian

Congrats Parag! A very beautiful write-up. I loved every bit of it. While I was searching for some info, I came across your review, believe me, I got hooked to it and just finished…have been reading through from morning!

I too own a WagonR (2007). I have been using it mostly for highway drives, and have reached 65K. The car has been running simply smooth so far, except for couple of major breakdown in these many years. I give the vehicle for service only at MASS. However, once due to time pressure, had to give it to Bosch service in Whitefield, before my long drive to Coimbatore. Believe me the car just stopped in front of ABT (MASS) Coimbatore with smoke gushing out from the bonnet! The service person at Bosch had filled the coolant till brim, which did not give enough space for breathing. Fortunately, the WagonR knew where to stop and stopped exactly in front of ABT. The whole radiator had to be replaced!! Lesson learnt!

Last week, the car started losing power as soon the AC was switched on. I decided to run the whole week with no AC. I stated getting scathing sound whenever I switched on the AC. Yesterday, the car was taken to Pratham, and I was shocked to know the compressor had gone dead! The advisor stated that possible a stone would have landed on the belt and it would have jammed the bearing belt resulting in this failure.

Also once I had a very peculiar problem, I had changed the clutch and in a weeks’ time it had worn out. It was amazing shock, and my service advisor is a trusted person, and he had to say there is no warranty! Hmm and I had to redo it again.

My WagonR has been an amazing companion, there are lot more miles to go!

Last edited by Eddy : 4th June 2015 at 13:36. Reason: Spacing for better readability
LoneRidder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 11:14   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

The Trusted Tallboy went for a Major service last week. I had loads of items in the to-replace list and the outcome left the car ready for another 2L kms!!

The following was replaced during the service:
  • Engine Oil
  • Transmission Oil
  • Coolant
  • Brake Fluid
  • Spark Plugs (Iridiums had clocked more than 75K now)
  • Air Filter
  • Fuel Filter
  • Alternator/AC Belt
  • Front Right Hand side wheel bearing (First time in 223K)
  • AC Condensor (First time in 223K)
  • Rear Suspension Struts (2nd time)
  • Steering Rack Assembly - Complete Set (First time in 223K)

The Following tasks were requested at the ASC -
  • Brakes Cleaning - F & R
  • Throttle Body Cleaning - Been long that I did a DIY
  • AC Duct cleaning - First time ever
  • Tappet Valve Clearance adjustment

Here are a few pictures of the replaced parts, the current ODO and that of the main cast of this thread itself :

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20150601_100304bordermaker.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20150601_100233bordermaker.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20150601_104014bordermaker.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20150601_104247bordermaker.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20150601_104300bordermaker.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20150601_104341bordermaker.jpg

After the Service:
The car drives beautifully as ever. The noise from front has gone now after replacing the steering rack assembly.

Tappet Valve gap adjustment also ensured the response after throttle input after every gear change is instant (was a bit hesitant before).

Replacement of AC Condensor coil, cleaning of ducts has made the AC super good as it was before.

Overall, a new lease of life and I don't really need to bother about this for the next few years. Periodic oil replacements, cleaning of plugs and filter and that's about it.

The Engine remains stock and so does the Transmission system.

A note of appreciation for the actual driver, my Wifey - The Works Manager of the ASC drove the car before service and said the Clutch seems to be zero abused and shows no signs of premature wear, juddering etc and praised the driver too!!

So, I too am convinced that the Waggy is in safe hands after I bought the Ertiga.
paragsachania is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 23:23   #328
Distinguished - BHPian

And it finally happens...Crash!!!

At 233,300 Kms on the ODO and in its 9th Year of ownership, WagonR is victim to the first ever accident on yesterday night, with a typical Tipper truck.
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-waggy1.jpgMy Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-waggy2.jpg

When and how:
I and Wifey were heading for 10pm of a movie at a mall nearby. It was exactly 0930pm and we were 45 seconds away from PVR (Elements Mall, Nagawara Junction, ORR Bangalore)

Was waiting on the left to turn left at the Nagawara Signal. Truck was parked to my right (No hints on whether it would head straight or turn left).

Light Turns Green, I slot to first and barely move an inch that this truck simply takes a quick left, brushes with my car, pushes me sideways.

I honk, flash lights but to no avail till crowd waiting at a bus stop notice this and start yelling and indicating the trucker that he's swiping a car on his left.All this when the signal just turned green and I had barely moved from stationary.

I got down pulling the car a little ahead. Asked the Trucker to get down. He looked super confused, innocent and may be scared. Zero words from him and still at the wheel.

A jam created behind as this was bang at a signal. So I quickly asked wifey to move the car ahead and park on left and asked Trucker to do the same.

Driver does the same.

He himself called his owner,No response.

Cop comes. I agree to file a complaint. Cop says see if we can settle among ourselves. As owner didn't pick the call the trucker says he will come with us in our car so we go and meet the owner at site. All this at 0945PM closer to ORR.

I didn't feel comfortable as wife was with me and neither I wanted her to take a rick or taxi and go home as the area was Outer ring road. Not that safe!!!

Took snaps of truck, from driver's log took phone number of himself(by dialing my number) and his owner.

Went to ASC this morning and the car is now waiting for Insurance formalities - Survey and then the actual work. Good thing is they said barring Fender, both right doors and boot door can be "repaired". This sounded good to me as the damage is not huge and barely cosmetic.

Some important points:
  • I did not squeeze from the left of the truck. I was parked next to it and the light was still RED
  • A bad (good) habit that I turn off my headlights at signals and leave the parking lights on - Truck may have never noticed me?
  • After the recent service the Horn bad become single (from Dual)
  • My Flashing or Honking barely worked as the truck kept moving to left swiping me

Few good things -
  • There is a Bus stop as soon as we turn left. Crowd and Auto drivers saw what was happening and loudly informed the truck driver
  • The truck driver was speechless - Not Defensive, almost admitting his fault, Sorry face, Instantly calling his boss!
  • 2 Gentlemen walked to the other side of the signal and called the constable
Few things that may have gone well?
  • May be if my horns were stronger, the trucker would have not moved so much (Darn, and we want No Honking days!)
  • May be I should have kept my headlights on like a bad boy (and on high beam) - Trucker would know someone next to him
  • May be I should have never moved my car ignoring the jam, created ruckus, demanded money (That I dint)

Current Status:
Car is now at Surakshaa car care, Bangalore and I should get it back in shape in a week or 10 days.

Yes, this is the first time I filled up the claim form for the WagonR!

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th June 2015 at 23:34.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 00:40   #329
BHPian

Quote:
And it finally happens...Crash!!!
At 233,300 Kms on the ODO and in its 9th Year of ownership, WagonR is victim to the first ever accident on yesterday night, with a typical Tipper truck.

When and how:
I and Wifey were heading for 10pm of a movie at a mall nearby. It was exactly 0930pm and we were 45 seconds away from PVR (Elements Mall, Nagawara Junction, ORR Bangalore)

Was waiting on the left to turn left at the Nagawara Signal. Truck was parked to my right (No hints on whether it would head straight or turn left).

I

Current Status:
Car is now at Surakshaa car care, Bangalore and I should get it back in shape in a week or 10 days.

Yes, this is the first time I filled up the claim form for the WagonR!
I had a similar incident with my Tata indigo, damaged a full rear door.

Happened in front of police, first they sided with me and then after talking to the trucker decided to take his side.

I was pretty pissed off but decided to let it go as I was taking senior citizens for a medical appointment.

The big takeaway is to never get into a truckers blind spot. Even if he crawls up on your right side and he can't see you in his mirror, chances are he will crawl ahead and won't even feel a thing as he crushes your car.

If you find yourself in such a position get away from his blindspot or move to the left/get out of the car and let him know.
drsingh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 01:00   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident Edit: fixed now

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
The big takeaway is to never get into a truckers blind spot. Even if he crawls up on your right side and he can't see you in his mirror, chances are he will crawl ahead and won't even feel a thing as he crushes your car.
Blind spot is what caused this and despite of the experience of managing such situations over the last 9 years in a citycentric environment, this was not really waiting to happen. I only wished both of my dual horns were functional to make the truck simply aware that he's already cased the damage!!

Not even the best of vibes hinted that he will make a move to the left, unintentionally and that too cutting so badly than taking the usual long left turn! Only for the last 7 years, I have been commuting between my workplace and home where I pass 17 Traffic lights in one direction and I know what you are referring to. Sadly this was indeed not a case of Rash Driving by the truck and mostly poor driving. No amount of anticipation may have helped.

Quote:
If you find yourself in such a position get away from his blindspot or move to the left/get out of the car and let him know.
Would I have squeezed after the truck started to move may have meant a bigger mistake. I was merely next to him. If there was very less gap, the car would have got damaged on its left as well either due to the pavement or some other block but the left remained intact.

Last edited by paragsachania : 8th June 2015 at 01:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks