Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2013, 10:08   #196
PVS
BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Won't changing the spark plugs from OEM to Bosch void warranty unless it is changed and recommended by MASS?!
Oh ok, I did not know that If i change the spark plugs to anything other than the stock, I would be voiding the warranty. And after inputs from Parag also, I would rather stick to the stock spark plugs rather than changing them.[/quote]

Quote:
How are wipers now? Are they wiping properly or squeaking?
No, they are not squeaking yet, but yes, I have observed that the front wipers are not wiping properly.

Quote:
IMO, If it is normal let it be as post winter the blades will loose its shape in the summer season so at the end of summer replace the blades before the rains start. No point in putting the new ones as it will go bad by summers end.
Yep, I might want to wait till next summer I guess.
Quote:
The regular stuff anyway remains the same (Engine oil, air filter), get the wheel balancing, alignment and rotation also done (Preferably from an outside guy as MASS overcharges for this).
Yes, I was contemplating getting the wheel balancing and rotation done outside the MASS, too. Thanks for your suggestions anyways!!
Old 28th November 2013, 15:40   #197
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Oh ok, I did not know that If i change the spark plugs to anything other than the stock, I would be voiding the warranty. And after inputs from Parag also, I would rather stick to the stock spark plugs rather than changing them.
I just asked about the warrant on the benefit of doubt! Just enquire and then go ahead with the spark change if you contemplating for one now.

Quote:
No, they are not squeaking yet, but yes, I have observed that the front wipers are not wiping properly.
Be careful as it must not scratch the windscreen in the process. If the squeaking is bad then change it as it hardly would cost you 300 bucks. Once the summer is over change it again for better visibility in the rain season.

As you on this matter get the wiper arm also checked for any bends as that also helps in the life of the wiper blades.

Quote:
Yes, I was contemplating getting the wheel balancing and rotation done outside the MASS, too. Thanks for your suggestions anyways!!
ALWAYS get these done outside rather than at MASS. They are a waste of money.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2013, 23:04   #198

Hi Parag, congratulations on the long and fulfilling relationship you have had with your faithful ride. I own a 2005 Caribbean Blue WagonR FD10 Lxi. Hasn't run anywhere near your beauty, just a little over 90k kms done till now. Had a plan to change the Blue baby for a Jazz next year but due to a too good to miss Property buying decision, the Jazz plan has been put on the back burner for quite a while now. I have been a silent spectator for the most here on t-bhp. Feeling disappointed that I wouldn't be able to buy a new car I wanted to do something to liven up the already fun time I have with Blue baby. The first thing that came to mind was my long time dream of having a Tacho showing me exactly how revvy Blue baby was. I asked the search bar my heart's desire and voila I was on the 5th page of this thread. Could not peel my eyes off the thread, it was like a fairy tale that made me look forward to a few more years with my steed.
Now that I reached the end of the thread, I want to ask you the question which guided me here. For starters, I have no clue whatsoever of the electricals in a car.Would a good mechanic know what to do if I bought a Ritz petrol tacho and asked him to do the install for me. If the answer is a no, what would I need to tell him to be able to do the install.

I am sorry for the long post for a small question but just wanted to share.
Old 4th December 2013, 08:48   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay85 View Post
Would a good mechanic know what to do if I bought a Ritz petrol tacho and asked him to do the install for me. If the answer is a no, what would I need to tell him to be able to do the install.

I am sorry for the long post for a small question but just wanted to share.
Since this is a Tacho that draws RPM signals electronically rather than electrically through the ignition coil, a good mechanic may not know unless he's done this earlier.
Like mentioned in my previous posts, the only wire to bother would be the Tacho signal one. Its the brown wire shown in the pic.
Rest 3 wires can be tagged anywhere for 12v and Ground.
Remove the speedo console and check out for the brown wire mentioned behind that in one of the connector. There is only one. You identify this and you are good to install the Tacho through your mechanic.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 19:11   #200
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay85 View Post
For starters, I have no clue whatsoever of the electricals in a car.Would a good mechanic know what to do if I bought a Ritz petrol tacho and asked him to do the install for me. If the answer is a no, what would I need to tell him to be able to do the install.
I hope you have some known mechanic who does such jobs so if you help in the work as directed by Parag, life would be easier else Team-BHP directory for tuners or modifiers in your city will also do this job.

OT: Buy the Petrol Ritz Tacho else the diesel one has red line from 5K so you'll be mighty thrilled to see your red line so fast and may drive slower than normal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Since this is a Tacho that draws RPM signals electronically rather than electrically through the ignition coil, a good mechanic may not know unless he's done this earlier.
Like mentioned in my previous posts, the only wire to bother would be the Tacho signal one. Its the brown wire shown in the pic.
Rest 3 wires can be tagged anywhere for 12v and Ground.
Remove the speedo console and check out for the brown wire mentioned behind that in one of the connector. There is only one. You identify this and you are good to install the Tacho through your mechanic.
So you mean to that the tacho wire has to be bridged to the brown wire from the instrumentation console? Won't this interfere in the functioning of the instrumentation console?

Sorry for the noob doubt but I am confused.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 23:32   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

So you mean to that the tacho wire has to be bridged to the brown wire from the instrumentation console? Won't this interfere in the functioning of the instrumentation console?

Sorry for the noob doubt but I am confused.

Anurag.
Hope I'm clear with my response for your question:
The Lxi variants of F10D WagonR and Estillo never came with a Tacho. The Vxi in both always had one.

It also meant all variants in both model shared same wiring harness.(dont assume this as default but fortunately it was the case here)

It further means that BROWN wire am referring to always exists and that supplies tacho signal to all Vxi variants.

In Lxi this wire is unused. Hence this brown wire is what we use for the Ritz Tacho that uses TTL (transistor transistor logic) principle to draw tacho signals.

Regarding your question on interference, the answer is No as long as the car doesn't have the OE tacho.

For those who have a tacho already (read Vxi) am sure they would spend that time to go to a getaway than DIY install this.

As mentioned in my posts earlier along with part numbers on the box, it is indeed the Tacho of the Ritz Petrol that is advised.
Old 4th December 2013, 23:39   #202

Quote:
I hope you have some known mechanic who does such jobs so if you help in the work as directed by Parag, life would be easier else Team-BHP directory for tuners or modifiers in your city will also do this job.
I do not know a good mechanic as such, since all the work I have ever gotten done except for denting and painting has been at MASS. The other alternative would be I guess to go for an Aftermarket Tacho like the ones by Auto Gauge. The Ritz tacho would give a stock look though which I prefer.

Quote:
OT: Buy the Petrol Ritz Tacho else the diesel one has red line from 5K so you'll be mighty thrilled to see your red line so fast and may drive slower than normal!
Ha ha ha. I will make double sure that I buy the Petrol version.

Quote:
I kind of assumed that the brown wire carries the signal from ECU for the Tacho and hence in the Lxi would not be in use as there is no stock tacho, so may not interfere with anything else. but as I said before I have no clue so could be very wrong.
Old 4th December 2013, 23:59   #203
BANNED

Quote:
Hope I'm clear with my response for your question:
The Lxi variants of F10D WagonR and Estillo never came with a Tacho. The Vxi in both always had one.

It also meant all variants in both model shared same wiring harness.(dont assume this as default but fortunately it was the case here)

It further means that BROWN wire am referring to always exists and that supplies tacho signal to all Vxi variants.

In Lxi this wire is unused. Hence this brown wire is what we use for the Ritz Tacho that uses TTL (transistor transistor logic) principle to draw tacho signals.

Regarding your question on interference, the answer is No as long as the car doesn't have the OE tacho.

For those who have a tacho already (read Vxi) am sure they would spend that time to go to a getaway than DIY install this.

As mentioned in my posts earlier along with part numbers on the box, it is indeed the Tacho of the Ritz Petrol that is advised.
Thanks for the clarification on the interference issue. I owned the VXI WagonR so have not done an aftermarket installation for Tacho.

So it is good that the wiring is common but left unused for DIY'ers like you.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 5th December 2013 at 00:00.
Old 9th December 2013, 18:45   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi parag..do you any info/link that you can share on service of suspension parts of a WagonR. Over the last couple of months, the ride quality has been declining and today when I was driving to office, it felt like I was driving without a suspension.
Every small bump or pothole was felt in the car and its just painful to drive in Bangalore. Was planing to take it Surakshaa over the weekend but wanted to do my homework before that.
Any tips/guidance will go a long way.

thanks
Rj

p.s: will help if you can recommend a SA at Surakshaa
Old 9th December 2013, 20:01   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Hi parag..do you any info/link that you can share on service of suspension parts of a WagonR. Over the last couple of months, the ride quality has been declining and today when I was driving to office, it felt like I was driving without a suspension.
Every small bump or pothole was felt in the car and its just painful to drive in Bangalore. Was planing to take it Surakshaa over the weekend but wanted to do my homework before that.
Any tips/guidance will go a long way.

thanks
Rj

p.s: will help if you can recommend a SA at Surakshaa
How much has your car run and is it still on OE Suspension?

Tires ageing can be another reason for a hard ride as the WagonR itself doesn't fare too high when it comes to comfortable ride and its only the tires that can make a difference later. I am on Michelin since the last 2 sets (current one being the 4th one) and pretty satisfied with the ride quality even today. I changed my entire suspension at 1,47,000 Kms.

However, assuming that your tires are in good condition and have not aged, it is good to check the following:
  • Front Suspension : Leaving or Weak Struts, Weak/Worn lower arm assembly, worn out suspension Bushes.
  • Rear suspension: Worn out Bushes, Rear Suspension Strut

In case you are planning to take it to Surakshaa, visit their Bommanahalli workshop and meet Mr Lokesh and refer my name (Parag). He should take care of things.

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th December 2013 at 20:02.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2013, 20:10   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much has your car run and is it still on OE Suspension?
Car has run 26K KM and is still on OE suspension

Quote:
Tires ageing can be another reason for a hard ride as the WagonR itself doesn't fare too high when it comes to comfortable ride and its only the tires that can make a difference later. I am on Michelin since the last 2 sets (current one being the 4th one) and pretty satisfied with the ride quality even today. I changed my entire suspension at 1,47,000 Kms.

However, assuming that your tires are in good condition and have not aged, it is good to check the following:
Have been running OE tires. Thought it might be good for another 10K km. Was planning to shift to Michelin once i hit the 34-35K mark but looks like I might have to advance that plan

Quote:
  • Front Suspension : Leaving or Weak Struts, Weak/Worn lower arm assembly, worn out suspension Bushes.
  • Rear suspension: Worn out Bushes, Rear Suspension Strut
Will do

Quote:
In case you are planning to take it to Surakshaa, visit their Bommanahalli workshop and meet Mr Lokesh and refer my name (Parag). He should take care of things.
Yes was planning to take it to Bommanahalli. Will be great if you can share his number. Will call him tomorrow and ensure that he is available on saturday.
Old 9th December 2013, 20:32   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes was planning to take it to Bommanahalli. Will be great if you can share his number. Will call him tomorrow and ensure that he is available on saturday.
You can reach him on + 91 94498 65666 which is his official number.
Old 9th December 2013, 20:41   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can reach him on + 91 94498 65666 which is his official number.
Thanks Parag.
Remember reading on this thread about spacers. Did you see any improvement in ride quality after installing them? and where did you pick up your alloys?
Planning to change mine early next year and hence scouting around for some

Cheers
Rj
Old 10th December 2013, 09:58   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Parag.
Remember reading on this thread about spacers. Did you see any improvement in ride quality after installing them? and where did you pick up your alloys?
Planning to change mine early next year and hence scouting around for some

Cheers
Rj
Been using spacers since over a lakh kms now. What I have are 1 inch spacers and only at the rear.

Though my tires are of Standard spec its the Alloy profile (width) which is wider. The stock rim is 4j in Lxi while its 4.5j in Vxi. The alloys are 5j and its too difficult to get a 13" alloy which is anything less wider to 5j.

This is the reason it scrapes the wheel arches on rear during full load whenever road surface is uneven and you approach them at high speeds.

On ride quality I haven't found any noticeable difference after installing them more so because I drive alone to work in city limits everyday and whenever I take it on highway its loaded with 3 adults all the time.

I picked these alloys at SLNP Pit Stop Sanjaynagar way back in 2010 for 12800 for set of 4 that included 800INR for Chrome nuts.

Last edited by paragsachania : 10th December 2013 at 09:59.
Old 10th December 2013, 13:04   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Will call him tomorrow and ensure that he is available on saturday.
Have seen him busy with sales events outside MASS on Saturday. However they start off around 09.00 AM. You can meet him if you reach around 08.15, the place is less crowded also around then.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks