Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2015, 21:11   #361
BHPian

re: My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: Beyond 10 Years & 232,000 kms

Hi Parag - Attached is the pics of my 2008 wagonR. Yesterday my brother had tried to park my car without supervision and this happened.

Insurance is from Maruti and they quote INR 5000 for replacement approximately.

Can you guide my whats the best solution ?

To replace of to mend this?

I am worried about the sheet metal thickness of the new door if i go for replacement. Just 22k km on odo. I value my car and feel like its my baby.

Very sad about this and unable to come out if this incident.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img20151030wa0003.jpg  

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img20151030wa0004.jpg  

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img20151030wa0005.jpg  

Old 31st October 2015, 22:27   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri2012 View Post
Hi Parag - Attached is the pics of my 2008 wagonR. Yesterday my brother had tried to park my car without supervision and this happened.

Insurance is from Maruti and they quote INR 5000 for replacement approximately.

Can you guide my whats the best solution ?

To replace of to mend this?

I am worried about the sheet metal thickness of the new door if i go for replacement. Just 22k km on odo. I value my car and feel like its my baby.

Very sad about this and unable to come out if this incident.
Hi,

sad to see this. Even I had a minor accident with my wagonr today.

Have you also checked with your neighbourhood denting/repairing guy? What they suggest and quote for the repairs?
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2015, 21:08   #363
BHPian

Hi

They are quoting 4500 Rupees. What is the best solution ?
Old 1st November 2015, 22:03   #364
Senior - BHPian

If the difference in the quotation from company and outside denting workshop id not much then, I would prefer to go with the company guys.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 08:07   #365
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri2012 View Post
They are quoting 4500 Rupees. What is the best solution ?
What Maruti has quoted is pretty decent pricing. As seen there isn't much difference in pricing between MASS and the FNG.

I'd say go to MASS and get this done. They may take 1-2 working days for you to get the car.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2015, 19:53   #366
BHPian

Hi Parag,
Update!. for the below issue,
I gave my waggy to Surakasha Car Centere, E.City - Bangalore for the below issue.
But found, hard time to explain my problem in his language.

Before service:
1. But, neverthless they connected diagnostic tool to OBD connector, to look for electronic faults and found none.
2. Next SA drove the vehicle around with me , but could not replicate the problem!.
3. When going over , rough patches, SA indicated steering is seems to make more noise (thud sound) than normal. Not related to Suspension, and also during standstill, steering seems to make slight "khat" noise when moving from side to side(one end to another).
4. They took the vehicle, and after 6 Hrs, Final bill is attached below.

After service:
1. Steering Gear Rack (?) was removed , re-greased and refitted back.
2. Also WB and WL was pending, which had to be done.

My feel after service:
1. Steering certainly seems smooth at all speeds.
2. Stickyness seems to be reduced a lot, maybe 99%, very few rare times, i can still feel it, maybe my perception.
3. I was at highway drive for around 580 kms few days, back. But, i can feel some slight steering vibratons at around 70-80 kmph sometimes, and disappears after 85 kmph. I suspect steel rims are suspect, probably beyond true running even after correction. there is so much WB, WL can do.
4. Washing quality is really not upto mark. and the yuck oil they paint over dashboard to make it shine is horrible smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
Thanks for the detailed explanation:
I usually maintain air-pressure of 33-34 psi (through my own Air-pressure analog gauge through coido), I never fill up air in petrol bunks. I use portable air-compressor.

But i was maintaining the air-pressure of 33-34 psi through last 3 years consistently, when this issue was not there.

Sticky steering only happens at speeds > 60 kmph, and not at dead stop.
There is no perceived stickyness at lesser vehicle speeds.

During vehicle standstill condition (Engine ON), steering normally turns from left to right. Stickyness is not present.

Wheel alignment/balancing/rotation done around 6000kms back.Car goes in straightline, when steering is kept straight.

I also, suspect that probably the reason of sticky steering at higher speeds maybe because of lack of greasing.

Nevertheless, i plan to visit MASS this weekend to look into this issue.
I will keep the post updated.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-tbhp_upload1.jpg  

Old 30th March 2016, 20:07   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Nice review there paragsachania. I agree with you fully. My wagon-r clocked 32000km now (24000 in first and just 8000 in second year). Out of this almost 80% is on highways. I never felt it any bad in highways. I have alwasy kept 90-100 kmph on highways. Suspension is good compared to rivals. After my first trip to Nagapatnam from hyderabad, I have changed the headlights to 100/90, bosch horns, and 155 Michelin XM1. The car felt better than before on highways. My most memorable trip was to Munnar, a total of 3000 km in heavy rains and many bad stretches.
Hello Ravi,

I too have upgraded my car which is similar to what you have mentioned here. Can you let me know if there was any difficulties in driving after you upgraded the tyres to 155 XM1? (I assume that yours is a Wagon R with K-series engine)
Old 29th April 2016, 21:38   #368
BHPian

Our 2005 WagonR F10D behaves unusually in 2nd gear at times at certain RPMs. Jerky feeling in the car as if its stalling. Has been happening for almost a year now. What to do about it?
Old 26th December 2016, 01:01   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Update: Back to Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
[*]“WagonR” and “LXi” chrome lettering – Replaced
Extremely sorry for nitpicking Parag Sir, but looks like the MASS guys have pasted the Wagon R emblem of a later model.

Old pic of your car
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-rearclose.jpg

New pic of your car
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-rear-side.jpg

Comparison of the two emblems from the brochure-On top is your model's emblem, below is the one which came after it
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20161226_005545.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 01:08   #370
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Extremely sorry for nitpicking Parag Sir, but looks like the MASS guys have pasted the Wagon R emblem of a later model.

Old pic of your car
Attachment 1588538

New pic of your car
Attachment 1588539

Comparison of the two emblems from the brochure-On top is your model's emblem, below is the one which came after it
Attachment 1588540

Regards,
Shashi
Wow Shashi.. you have eagle eyes.

I never knew that MSIL had changed the fonts till i saw your post today.
MAS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2016, 09:04   #371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Old pic of your car

New pic of your car

Regards,
Shashi
Hey Shashi, I knew this one day 1 itself and thought it was prefect OK to have it than ask them to replace that .

In fact, when they were sticking this along with LXi, the guy was pasting it right below the WagonR emblem (by holding it and checking before pasting) and I insisted that the "LXi" must be below the black stripe and not above as he presumed.
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 09:53   #372
Distinguished - BHPian

Beyond 10 Years, 232,000 later...

The ownership has been flawless for something as old as 10 Years and over 232 Thousand clicks so far that updating this thread was imminent. To be honest, I never realised during March 2016 that this had crossed its 10th Year of trouble-free ownership. I suspect this ignorance mainly because there was nothing noteworthy I could remember except renewing the annual insurance around this month.

In fact, it will be 11 years after the next 2 months!

First Breakdown in its 11th year:

This was in the month of Oct if I recall when the coolant leaked out from the hoses while it was being driven to work by my wife one morning. She noticed smoky fumes through the bonnet that she called me. I didn't ask her to open the bonnet but merely asked to refer to the position of the Temperature needle by cranking the engine once and mentioned that to have passed the halfway mark; something that simply hinted about overheating. Adding to this, the AC as well wasn't working confirming that it was overheating that caused this.

As I was far away to assist, I arranged towing through an ASC in Yelahanka (NEXUS) while she boarded a Taxi to continue with her day.

I managed to visit the ASC later during the evening to learn that it was a case of coolant lines blocked due to aged metal hoses and suspected that the Engine head Gasket may have also got damaged and hence the engine.

I certainly didn't want to hear that and when they opened the head gasket, everything seemed perfectly alright, including the head gasket - . I askd them to drain the engine oil and found no traces of coolant as well.

At the end of it, All the Coolant Hoses, Valves, Coolant and Engine oil was replaced. The car was tested in idle for 45 minutes and then taken for a longer spin for 20+ kms in B2B traffic towards Hebbal and everything was normal.

The only reason given by the ASC to this occurrence was the age of the hoses and valves and nothing else.

Tire Replacement:

Soon after the week I replaced the tires for the Ertiga, I replaced a set for the WagonR as well with Yokohama Earth 1. This will be the 5th set of tires on the WagonR - JK (Stock), Bridgestone, Michelin XM1+, Michelin XM2 and now Yokohama Earth 1.

The XM2s were around 70,000 kms old but I could clearly notice that the rubber had lived its life; cracks visible on the tread and sidewall surface.

Few pictures during tire replacement:

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20161202_182640.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20161202_185145.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20161202_185159.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20161202_185902.jpg

Beyond this, the Tallboy has been performing its duty without botheration - gets regularly bathed once in a fortnight with plain water at home, Air Filter and Spark Plugs cleaned too and seldom pays visit to the ASC.

Interestingly, the running of this car has been as low was 7000-8000 Per Year, almost down by 5 times since the Ertiga became the highway companion.

The most important aspect of this beautiful F10D engine... Low end Torque:

Driverability in B2B traffic and the excellent Low end torque which most of the modern day petrol cars miss. I mention this again because over the weekend I mostly use this to commute to nearby localities or weekend shopping and the ease to take off in 2nd and at times 3rd gear is unmatched.

The car is totally stock - Engine, Gearbox, Braking System (Except Pads), Alternator, AC Compressor.

Here's what the ODO looked liked on yesterday:

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20170115_124151.jpg

Few pictures on how this one is reluctant to show signs of aging :

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20170115_124025.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20170115_124036.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20170115_124049.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20170115_124054.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20170115_124101.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 17:51   #373
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: Beyond 10 Years & 239,000 kms

Quote:
Beyond this, the Tallboy has been performing its duty without botheration - gets regularly bathed once in a fortnight with plain water at home, Air Filter and Spark Plugs cleaned too and seldom pays visit to the ASC.
And people wonder why the WagonR sells 15,000 pieces a month. Congratulations Parag . Your li'l express continues to serve you faithfully at a point when most others have given up. And she still looks clean.

My Jeep has also crossed 2 lakh km, but it's on the 3rd engine and has been through 2 body rebuilds already . So, incomparable to your Maruti experience. Maybe if I had bought a Gypsy instead of a Mahindra, I'd have a leg to stand on in this discussion!

You planning to keep her for much longer?
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 18:09   #374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
And people wonder why the WagonR sells 15,000 pieces a month.
It is no exaggeration but the fact remains that it is one of the most practical no nonsense VFM Hatchbacks suitable for your day-to-day needs. The biggest testimony comes from my parents themselves who have managed to sit happily for distances over 1200 in a day only due to its taller seating and easy ingress-egress. Of course, a growing family needed space and hence the Tallboy welcomed the Ertiga.

My uncle who met with a serious accident in 2008 when his Esteem was almost "run over" by a truck (There can't be a Head on between a Truck and an Esteem due the latter's height) recovered after 3 months of hospitalization. To ferry them to the Doctor's visit and back I had lent them my WagonR for a month and he was sold at the seating arrangement - The ease to get in/out and even sit upright. This made him pick a WagonR after this until recently when he traded that for another WagonR AMT, this with with ABS + Airbags. So I have examples where a WagonR has replaced a WagonR.

Quote:
Congratulations Parag . Your li'l express continues to serve you faithfully at a point when most others have given up. And she still looks clean.
Thanks GTO. To be honest, due to a construction activity next door, this was covered with layer of dust and needed a Wash badly. Got time on the weekend and gave it a proper wash at home with plain water and a lot of rubbing with bare hands and at times Wash mitt. The paint quality after 10 years is just fantastic. The roof rails are still sturdy including the plastic part on the corners.

What I am really amazed after the Engine is the Gearbox and the other vital components - Brake Cylinders, Alternator, AC Compressor etc. Every Darn thing is stock and performs beautifully even today. I can't ask anything beyond this when it comes to reliability and if one of the components give up, I really won't feel a thing and just go ahead and replace it.

Quote:
My Jeep has also crossed 2 lakh km, but it's on the 3rd engine and has been through 2 body rebuilds already . So, incomparable to your Maruti experience. Maybe if I had bought a Gypsy instead of a Mahindra, I'd have a leg to stand on in this discussion!
When FunkyKar was looking for a used WagonR, he once pinged me the link where someone had done more than 2.5 Lacs and I was surprised till he mentioned me to scroll down to find the fact that the engine was overhauled around 1.4L kms!

Quote:
You planning to keep her for much longer?
It is a plain car and performs its duty without a fuss. Mostly driven by wife on week days and self on weekends. It did some hectic duty of Airport drop last weekend and with all the luggage and 3 co-passengers, it still didn't fail to put a smile on my face for one reason - That the 4 Cylinder F10D still had the same torque as day 1 and didn't beg to downshift anywhere nor did it remind me that I had to be in Turbo Zone to be there like the Ertiga does .

To answer your question, I will retain this as my second car for at least another 5 years. I see absolutely no point in trading this for anything better available currently. Plus, this one today has developed an emotional connect too that makes it difficult to get rid off.

Hence, till this stays with me, It gets all the attention!
paragsachania is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 20:11   #375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So I have examples where a WagonR has replaced a WagonR.
Wagon-R owners are the most loyal to the brand. Because the way this car spoils you with its practicality, no features or latest gizmos loaded car can ever replace it.

Quote:
I see absolutely no point in trading this for anything better available currently.
The older F and G series motors were such a gem when it came to munching miles without breaking a sweat!! Bomb proof reliability. My father always prefers our 17 year old M800 whenever it comes to reliably making a quick dash across the country simply because of the reason that nothing can ever go wrong with it.

Even the current gen WagonR isn't the same if ease of ownership is taken into account. Add to that the superb low end torque and the flexible seating which your car gets, there is simply no competition.

The tallboy will continue to amaze you with its tireless performance for years to come.
Leoshashi is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks