BHPian

Default Re: My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 14 years, 255,000 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Following observations-
The idling rpm has increased
There is sm vibration in the gear lever
FE has decreased slightly
There is a harmonic/cylical vibration coming through.
Check if all four cylinders are firing in order. Sounds like a missing firing order issue. Is the engine dancing around, vibrating excessively when idling? Are RPMs getting erratic suddenly?

Although oil grade change wouldn't cause such issues in your car, oil sludge dislocation might cause oil channel disruption or oil sieve blockage. This wouldn't catastrophically damage your engine if you keep an eye on check engine light though. Remove the oil cap cover, shine a light in, if the condition looks kinda slick inside, probably oil wouldn't be a headache.

Edit: Also check and clean air filter, throttle body, mass air flow sensor with carb cleaning spray(don't spray air filter).

Last edited by stallmaster : 12th March 2021 at 21:49.
stallmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 00:43   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallmaster View Post
Check if all four cylinders are firing in order. Sounds like a missing firing order issue. Is the engine dancing around, vibrating excessively when idling? Are RPMs getting erratic suddenly?

Although oil grade change wouldn't cause such issues in your car, oil sludge dislocation might cause oil channel disruption or oil sieve blockage. This wouldn't catastrophically damage your engine if you keep an eye on check engine light though. Remove the oil cap cover, shine a light in, if the condition looks kinda slick inside, probably oil wouldn't be a headache.

Edit: Also check and clean air filter, throttle body, mass air flow sensor with carb cleaning spray(don't spray air filter).
Will check the firing order of the cylinders.
It is not vibrating excessively, just that vibration is slightly more and now coming through the gear lever. Also, the idle rpm has become more pronounced.

The RPM is not getting erratic.

I suspected that there would be sludge dislocation, mostly happens around the oil pump mesh, but on opening the oil cap a good spray comes out. So no oil starvation.

The oil level and condition is quite good.

Completed a good 100 kms post the oil change.
Positives are- 4th gear can be slotted at speed of 25, no stalling, no stalling when taking off in the first gear inspite of less acceleration, car leaps forward, better pick up.
Negative- vibration, higher idling.

Last edited by kavesh55 : 14th March 2021 at 00:44.
Old 14th March 2021, 01:08   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
The RPM is not getting erratic.
Yeah, then definitely a dirty throttle body/MAF/injector issue.

Do this yourself and see if the issue resolves. Injector/MAF cleaning can be done after that if the issue persists.
stallmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 12:51   #439
BHPian

Default Re: My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 13 years, 247,000 km & major service update

Battery Positive terminal
The positive terminal of the battery had become old and risky to use due to oxidation caused from the 2nd battery. When the 3rd Battery was replaced last year, I had bought a basic terminal costing 30 bucks and fixed it and wanted to still have a proper terminal in future. Checked with the MGP store for the part number that leoshashi provided but that was unavailable. The SA at the FNG then suggested to use a part from Maruti Van as below.

Hi Parag, I'm also looking to replace the battery terminals in 2007 Maruti Alto. Could you please guide me with respect to the part number and the parts to buy for the same? TIA!
Old 6th July 2021, 15:08   #440
BHPian

Default Re: Door damping and DIY Aux-In Connector for my ICE

Reviving a old thread, but need help! During the cleaning of my car, the original Pio IP bus cable has gone lost. Can you please give a brief on the connectivity part of the wires at the back to the RC cords in the front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Yoga mats came in handy through a friend of mine and hence damped all the doors today. Here are the pics:

Also, Since I am happy with my current ICE with a HU (Pioneer DEH 4750) that comes 'Aux Input Ready', A few team-bhp links helped me get the pin diagram to create my own connector for AUX Input.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st September 2021 at 09:12. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 7th July 2021, 13:40   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Door damping and DIY Aux-In Connector for my ICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard1955 View Post
Hi Parag, I'm also looking to replace the battery terminals in 2007 Maruti Alto. Could you please guide me with respect to the part number and the parts to buy for the same? TIA!
For my WagonR, the positive cable is part of the overall harness and is not independently available due to which we had to put one from that of Maruti Omni.

I suspect the same with the Alto too but just to be sure, you may want to post this query on this thread and expect the right answer from our Maruti Parts expert Leoshashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Reviving a old thread, but need help! During the cleaning of my car, the original Pio IP bus cable has gone lost. Can you please give a brief on the connectivity part of the wires at the back to the RC cords in the front?
You can refer to the pin out for the IP bus in this post.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 15:44   #442
BHPian

Glad to see WagonR being driven with much passion. My wishes to you all.

I am planning to buy a used car less than 2 laks; and have shortlisted a 2008 Wagon R Duo LXI LPG from Cars24; it has run 69,982 km. The condition seems to be good, I have requested a test drive which I am yet to get; the asking price is 1.72 laks in Chennai.

May I know the opinion from people who own WagonR Duo/ WagonR please? Please dind below the link of the car listing https://www.cars24.com/buy-used-Maru...ai-1136619349/

Most Viewed