Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 17:03   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Parag's WagonR now is The Boss of ek aur Maruti! Hearty Congratulations Parag, Poonam and Nishka!

Here's the teaser!

Attachment 1153487
You spilled the beans mate. Nevertheless, I was coming up with a ownership review on the new possession soon. Thanks for your wishes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good teaser picture buddy! You burst the bubble!

Congrats Parag for the Ertiga! I guess it is a ZDi variant.

Congratulations once again to you and your family.

Anurag.
Thanks Anurag. This one is Vdi on which I paid a premium (applicable rates for the alloys) for Zdi Alloys.

This will do duty in parallel with the WagonR which has no reason to be knocked off from its daily runs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokgunhal View Post
Congrats Parag! Happy and Safe Motoring! Now that the Ertiga is home after the extensive search awaiting the next travelogue where you will stretch his legs - the highways.
Thanks Alok. The very first long drive this weekend will munch ~600 kms and in coming weeks will add at least 2300 kms driving to Pune-Mumbai and Aurangabad.

That said, the Waggy is now 213,000 kms on the ODO. The reason to Introduce the Ertiga was to have a flexi (Read more spacious) car due to my growing daughter, a situation that was becoming a tight fit in the WagonR due to limited space in second row.

There was no way I ever felt the boot of the WagonR was causing any concern to me due to its loading area and practicality.

Last edited by paragsachania : 16th October 2013 at 17:05.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 17:13   #167
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Thanks Anurag. This one is Vdi on which I paid a premium (applicable rates for the alloys) for Zdi Alloys.

Thanks Alok. The very first long drive this weekend will munch ~600 kms and in coming weeks will add at least 2300 kms driving to Pune-Mumbai and Aurangabad.
Congrats once again. Lovely color I must say. You paid 30K for the alloys right?

Are you going to beat my mile crunching record on the Ertiga?! 100000 kms in 2.9 yrs. Lol. All the best buddy.

Anurag
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 17:20   #168
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! So, something is already cooking up on the Assembly line section. Will await for it and wishing you lakhs of miles
funkykar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 17:26   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats once again. Lovely color I must say. You paid 30K for the alloys right?

Are you going to beat my mile crunching record on the Ertiga?! 100000 kms in 2.9 yrs. Lol. All the best buddy.

Anurag
Paid 22400 for set of 4. I didn't want the 5th one anyways and since these are MGAs sourcing one is not going to be issue in future too. (cost for 5 was quotes as 28,000)

On record, I am sure I have nothing on my mind like how I never had anything for the WagonR also. It will keep clocking based on daily needs, weekend drives etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Congrats! So, something is already cooking up on the Assembly line section. Will await for it and wishing you lakhs of miles
A proper photoshoot on the weekend drive and you will have the review thread coming up then
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 17:32   #170
BANNED

Quote:

Paid 22400 for set of 4. I didn't want the 5th one anyways and since these are MGAs sourcing one is not going to be issue in future too.
MGA parts are never a problem.

Any reason for not choosing the ZDi? Since you do a lot of road trips I feel the safety features (most important to me and issue is can't be retro-fitted) that are vis a vis VDI are much better and worth it.

That is the reason I told dad the next car after Ritz VDi had to be a Swift ZDi variant.

Sorry for hijacking the WagonR thread for the Ertiga. Post the Ertiga thread soon as possible as I am waiting to subscribe it.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 17:45   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any reason for not choosing the ZDi? Since you do a lot of road trips I feel the safety features (most important to me and issue is can't be retro-fitted) that are vis a vis VDI are much better and worth it.
I considered Zdi too but I needed the car on a particular date for delivery in this particular color.

However, I also realized that I will miss Airbags as the only safety feature (ABS is Std in VDi).

Will post the detailed review soon.
Old 16th October 2013, 17:51   #172
BANNED

Quote:
I considered Zdi too but I needed the car on a particular date for delivery in this particular color.

However, I also realized that I will miss Airbags as the only safety feature (ABS is Std in VDi).

Will post the detailed review soon.
Cool buddy. Enjoy the car. I swear by that engine and transmission. Eyes closed trust and immense hapiness that engine has when you drive around. No damage to pocket whatsoever.

Fill it, Shut it and forget it type.

Will catch up with you when in Bangalore.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 16th October 2013 at 18:18.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 17:55   #173
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Parag. I wish you many more happy miles (kilometers) on the Ertiga along with the Waggy (can't leave out the Waggy on it's own thread, can I?). I know we can expect a superb ownership review, so I will wait for that.

All the very best!!!
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 21:38   #174
BHPian

Its time for one more amazing ownership review. If a petrol can do 2.12l kilometers, I'm still wondering how many will the Diesel mile cruncher do?

Congratulations and all the very best.
Old 17th October 2013, 22:04   #175
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfordriving View Post
Its time for one more amazing ownership review. If a petrol can do 2.12l kilometers, I'm still wondering how many will the Diesel do.
Simple maths buddy. . 4L kms

His Ertiga thread will have update on kms every week end.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 23:02   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfordriving View Post
Its time for one more amazing ownership review. If a petrol can do 2.12l kilometers, I'm still wondering how many will the Diesel mile cruncher do?

Congratulations and all the very best.
You should actually say "if a petrol is DOING 2.12L kms" as it is continuing to do so.

The Ertiga is due for registration with all taxes paid but am not driving it to risk it all as its not Temporarily registered too.

I will get my number on Saturday due to continuous govt holidays this week.

Hence, as this thread is about my Waggy it added another 70 kms today due to the usual office errand

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th October 2013 at 23:06.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 11:53   #177
BANNED

Quote:
You should actually say "if a petrol is DOING 2.12L kms" as it is continuing to do so.

Quote:
The Ertiga is due for registration with all taxes paid but am not driving it to risk it all as its not Temporarily registered too.

I will get my number on Saturday due to continuous govt holidays this week.
How did the car be delivered with a T/R number as in Bangalore the car leaves the dealer with the permanent registration number right?!

I can understand the frustration of having the car with you but not able to drive long due to no permanent number!

Any special number asked or no?

Quote:
Hence, as this thread is about my Waggy it added another 70 kms today due to the usual office errand
It'll keep getting errands what come may.

What's the odo reading now? Do you keep a rack of the odometer in a excel file with the other details?

Anurag.
Old 18th October 2013, 11:55   #178
Senior - BHPian

I think the case here is, the road tax has been paid but a number is yet to be allotted.
Old 18th October 2013, 12:04   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Parag, temp registration should be done before the car is let out on the roads. So, I'm sure it would be done. So, there is no risk at all.

Quote:

How did the car be delivered with a T/R number as in Bangalore the car leaves the dealer with the permanent registration number right?!
Not necessarily. You can tell the dealer if you want to get the car registered yourself. He will just get the Temp registration done for the car and that is valid for 1 month. You can do the permanent registration within that time or you can renew the Temp registration at the end of the month.
Old 18th October 2013, 12:11   #180
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

While I did first let the news out about Parag's new Ertiga in this thread, may be it's time we confine this thread only to his Waggy and wait for the Ertiga's ownership review thread and continue our discussions there.
Karthik1100 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks