Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2013, 21:41   #211
PVS
BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Parag, can you tell me how much (approximately) , a 20 K service for the Wagon R costs? As mentioned earlier, I will be handing over the car for servicing within a day or two. A break-up of the [approximate] costs would be very welcome.

Thanks
Old 13th December 2013, 09:05   #212
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Parag, can you tell me how much (approximately) , a 20 K service for the Wagon R costs? As mentioned earlier, I will be handing over the car for servicing within a day or two. A break-up of the [approximate] costs would be very welcome.

Thanks
The below quoted text has been taken from Bluevolt's WagonR thread.

Quote:
Fourth Service:

The bill amount was Rs. 3900.

The consumables which were replaced are
- > Oil filter = Rs. 70
- > Engine oil = Rs. 740
- > Coolant = Rs. 210
- > Brake fluid = Rs. 140
- > Misc. consumables = Rs. 65

Labour charges are

- > Paid service = Rs. 710
- > Brake bleeding = Rs. 450
- > Engine flushing = Rs. 675
- > Injector cleaning = Rs. 400
- > Taxes = Rs. 250
The above figures are approximate as they would be an year or more older than the present condition.

I am not sure whether Engine Flushing & Injector Cleaning is required or not. Feel it is just waste of money. Just check what the manual suggests and follow that. The above is just a reference.

Anurag.
Old 13th December 2013, 10:07   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post

Thanks
Replace all the below mentioned items for the 20,000 Service:
  • Coolant
  • Engine Oil - Recommended is 20w40, I am using 5w30 since past 50,000 kms without any issues and more than happy with the performance, especially during cold starts and higher revving.
  • Transmission Oil (Gearbox Oil)
  • Spark Plugs - over the 2 OEM options (NGK & Champion), see if you can get NGK DCPR7E. Their performance is better than Champion. A set of 4 will cost you around 600-650 INR.
  • Brake Fluid

Jobs to be carried out if you haven't done this over the past 10,000 kms:

Brakes cleaned : Front Pads and Rear Drums and Shows

Brake system Bleeding: Since you would replace the Brake fluid, get a Bleeding done which should restore good bite and improve braking efficiency and also reduce sponginess if any.

Throttle Body Cleaning: I have noticed during my regular DIY's that the throttle body can easily get clogged with deposits, specially on the butterfly valve as well as the Idle Air Control valve. Cleaning this is recommended from my experience over the last 8 years. Of course, I would not asking you to fall prey but I would advise cleaning this if not done over the last 20,000 Kms

Injector cleaning: As Anurag mentions, you don't need this BUT best that has worked for me over the years is using typical fuel system cleaners available in the market like System G which I add to a full tank whenever I go on long drives which involved some high RPM (3500-4000) drive over a continuous period. This ensures the fuel system along with Injection is clean.

The F10D is not a sensitive engine at all and responds without a hiccup and takes a lot of abuse so you need not worry on using fuel additives like SystemG once in a while.

Last edited by paragsachania : 13th December 2013 at 10:09.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:35   #214
BHPian

Hello parag sir,
Comon! give us some updates on your waggie too. Sad to see the thread dying.

Anyway I had a question. Around this new year I upgraded my waggie's tyres to 175/60 r13s after which I haven't been driving the car much due to my exams. What i wanted to know is, what tyre pressure I should be maintaining now? The guys at the shop where I got the tyres fitted from suggested 28psi.
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:43   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
Hello parag sir, Comon! give us some updates on your waggie too. Sad to see the thread dying.
Parag Sir is busy driving his Ertiga the wayhe uses the WagonR so the BOSS is used less. Lol.

29psi should do the job all round.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 16:50   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Parag Sir is busy driving his Ertiga the wayhe uses the WagonR so the BOSS is used less. Lol.

Anurag.
Thought so.
On the other hand, aren't you going to giving him competition with your new blue(simply love the colour) swift? Lol
Ashkait Kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 18:30   #217
BANNED

Quote:

On the other hand, aren't you going to giving him competition with your new blue(simply love the colour) swift? Lol
I have done 3700 kms on my swift and it is 1 month 13 days old.

No one can give competition to Parag Sir and the Boss.

Anurag.
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:21   #218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello parag sir,
Comon! give us some updates on your waggie too. Sad to see the thread dying.
Co-Incidentally, I'm just back after getting the WagonR serviced today while the Ertiga was serviced last Thursday and wanted to update both the threads today .

This thread won't die at all. In fact, I have ordered some goodies like Alloy wheel cleaner, Tar remover, Wax, Vinyl Cleaner and more to spend a day with the WagonR to clean the interiors and a couple of places where I can feel fine tar deposits due to those constant and regular highway runs.

Will surely update all of that here in days to come.

Quote:
Anyway I had a question. Around this new year I upgraded my waggie's tyres to 175/60 r13s after which I haven't been driving the car much due to my exams. What i wanted to know is, what tyre pressure I should be maintaining now? The guys at the shop where I got the tyres fitted from suggested 28psi.
My WagonR runs on XM2 155-65-13 and I usually keep the pressure at 32PSI. I guess you can try between 30 and 32 to get the best pressure from your experience.

Quote:

29psi should do the job all round.

Anurag.
LOL! The Ertiga is clocking a healthy 64-70 kms a day while the WagonR clocks a mere 20 kms a day now driven by my wife. On weekends to crawl in Bangalore traffic, I prefer taking a spin in the WagonR itself.

Quote:
Thought so.
Trust me, the Swift will easily cross the Ertiga's ODO in days to come. Its daily run is almost double than what the Ertiga is doing. In case I continuously do weekend trips elsewhere, I may still stand a chance.

Incidentally, its heading to Pondicherry and Kumbakonam this weekend.

Quote:
No one can give competition to Parag Sir and the Boss.
Anurag.
You know your Ritz was the fastest to reach the 1,00,000 mark on the ODO. The Swift will follow the same we all are sure.

Update on the Tallboy's Service today:

When I drove the WagonR on this weekend, I realised that the brakes lacked the bite and it was also evident that the handbrake was also not effective and needed to be pulled a lot to ensure the car remains stand-still.

The last engine oil change was aprroximately 9,XXX kms back and I thought it would be good to get it serviced today.

The following were replaced today:
  • Engine Oil
  • Coolant
  • Brake Fluid
  • Caliper Pins/Greasing

When the rear wheel drums were opened for inspection, it was found that the rear shoes though a lot young, had become very hard.

I couldn't suspect anything wrong with my better half's braking here as I found that both the drums had developed wear on their surfaces making the brakes less effective, specially the rear.

I straightaway asked the folks at the ASC to replace the Drum and the Shoes but unfortunately, the part that arrived (shoes) did not match the existing shoes for some reason.

Hence, I will have to visit the ASC again in a day or two to get the Drum and the Shoes replaced as replacing only the drum and running on hard shows would have again damaged the new drums.

Otherwise, the WagonR continues to serves us both (now Me and my Wife) the way it has done all these years.

Here's the latest pic of the WagonR clicked on yesterday by Funkykar when he spotted something as amusing as an "L" Board sign on the rear windscreen of the WagonR !!

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-lboard.jpg

The ODO as I type this stands at 213,8XX Kms today.

Last edited by paragsachania : 3rd February 2014 at 19:27.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:33   #219
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful pic there Parag Sachania! You must have put it up to state "One continues to learn, no matter how many lac kilometres are behind your back". Or is this pic dated to when you started to learn?
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:37   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Wonderful pic there Parag Sachania! You must have put it up to state "One continues to learn, no matter how many lac kilometres are behind your back". Or is this pic dated to when you started to learn?
The L-Board as you would have got hints was to prevent others from messing around with it when driven by my wife for those initial days as she began to take it for work.

It was only yesterday while driving to your place I realized the stares you get on road when you drive with an L-Board.

I already removed that sign on yesterday itself !
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 19:37   #221
BHPian

I second funkykar's comment - the amount of Learning we have had from you in person, virtually on the phone and on various platforms - about cars and the love one must have for maintaining them is testimonial for us to keep learning from you. The Wagon R is blessed to be in the hands of such a passionate man. I am sure it must also be gleaming in glory each time it's cranked.
alokgunhal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:10   #222
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Wonderful pic there Parag Sachania! You must have put it up to state "One continues to learn, no matter how many lac kilometres are behind your back".
I too share similar thoughts about Parag. Learnt so much from Parag about driving and technical details, like for example, just last night I learnt about CNT (Caliper Noise Test) on wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokgunhal View Post
I second funkykar's comment - the amount of Learning we have had from you in person, virtually on the phone and on various platforms - about cars and the love one must have for maintaining them is testimonial for us to keep learning from you.
Parag is so dedicated to safe driving that last night, after having hot chai, while he was driving to Annapoorna, he didn't use his phone to follow with his other friends who had planned to have dinner with him.
Karthik1100 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2014, 20:45   #223
BANNED

I honestly started caring more for my car and bike after getting in touch with Parag. The finer details I mean is what I got from him and I love to be in touch with him and as a person is great as he is still on the 'L' board after 2.2L kms on it (you can take it as appreciation).

His cars specially the WagonR, I am waiting for him to come to Hyderabad or me going to Bangalore and the first thing I'll do is see the WagonR and drive if I get the permission . Been a while since this thread had got updates as the WagonR crunches lesser miles are compared.

Coming to my Swift beating the Ertiga's odometer is a nor difficult as you ate too far away. Mine is at 3.7K and you are standing at 10.5K roughly. I'll have be driving 24x7 to come near your odometer.

Once you get the cleaning stuff for the WagonR, please ping me as I need to buy the same for my the Swift.

For the brake pads why not try Bosch if available and is a better alternative to OEM?!

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 3rd February 2014 at 20:47.
Old 3rd February 2014, 21:10   #224
Senior - BHPian

Haven't gone through the entire thread , but how how long did the stock suspension last ? I'm assuming that the shocks would've been changed at least twice in the 2lac+ km ?
Old 3rd February 2014, 21:17   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Haven't gone through the entire thread , but how how long did the stock suspension last ? I'm assuming that the shocks would've been changed at least twice in the 2lac+ km ?
Yes, I changed that Twice so far but it was in the following sequence:

@65,000 Kms - Only the suspension struts and Bushes
@1,47,000 Kms - Suspension struts, Bushes, Lower Arms, Tie Rod, Steering Ball Joint ends.

I have not really cared too much for suspension on how much they last as it has been abused quite a lot between 2007-2011 too! Thanks to those horrible roads between Chitradurga-Haveri way back between 2007-2011 when the WagonR did the maximum Bangalore Pune runs.

What is still Stock:
Engine, Gearbox, Steering Rack assembly, Alternator Motor, AC-Water Pump, Each and every light component, Reflectors (Except a couple of blown Brake light and headlight bulbs), Fuel Pump, All the wheel bearings except one, All the brake slave cylinders except one!

Insurance claims:
Except for minor scratches on both the bumpers, there is no "Dent" anywhere on the car and I have perhaps wasted a lot paying up money towards premium over the last 7 years!

EDIT: I think the first suspension job was around 73-77k Kms and not at 65,000 kms (as I checked in my own thread here):
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1356735

Last edited by paragsachania : 3rd February 2014 at 21:47.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks