Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2014, 21:32   #226
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
What is still Stock:
Engine, Gearbox, Steering Rack assembly, Alternator Motor, AC-Water Pump, Each and every light component, Reflectors (Except a couple of blown Brake light and headlight bulbs), Fuel Pump, All the wheel bearings except one, All the brake slave cylinders except one!
Hats of to you and the BOSS. Maruti will be happy and keep your car as reference. I'm not comparing the taxi segment as they are used roughly without care and feeling. Throw cars may clock double the miles but NOTHING will be original (Stock), that's the difference.

Quote:
I have perhaps wasted a lot paying up money towards premium over the last 7 years!
Why don't you claim the premium amount that you have been paying and treat all of us?! Money will spent.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 19:26   #227
BANNED

re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

My Wagon R completes 95,000 kms. In 6 and 1/2 years. Last service little before this mark cost me roughly 6500 which included change of all 4 brake pads.

PS - Didn't know where else to post rather than this incredible forum. Thank you Parag.
Attached Thumbnails
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img_20140313_141115.jpg  

anandjha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 19:34   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
My Wagon R completes 95,000 kms. In 6 and 1/2 years. Last service little before this mark cost me roughly 6500 which included change of all 4 brake pads.

PS - Didn't know where else to post rather than this incredible forum. Thank you Parag.
Congratulations Anand! Wish you many more miles on this reliable workhorse. My WagonR will touch the 2,15,000 mark in the next week by my calculation where I will post further pics and updates. Apart from that it continues to serve me as before except that its driven by my better half these days.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 12:01   #229
BANNED

Quote:
Congratulations Anand! Wish you many more miles on this reliable workhorse. My WagonR will touch the 2,15,000 mark in the next week by my calculation where I will post further pics and updates. Apart from that it continues to serve me as before except that its driven by my better half these days.
Reading about your Wagaon R creating new milestones makes us feel proud. In fact, as I had written earlier, it made me fall in love with my Wagon R once again.
anandjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 12:08   #230
PVS
BHPian

Well Parag, hats off! The sheer number of Kms you have clocked in your tall boy, is amazing! Keep going and I can feel assured by the fact, that I can always look up your ownership reports, for all the tips and info about maintaing a Wagon-R!
PVS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 17:19   #231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Well Parag, hats off! The sheer number of Kms you have clocked in your tall boy, is amazing! Keep going and I can feel assured by the fact, that I can always look up your ownership reports, for all the tips and info about maintaining a Wagon-R!
AFAIK, Maruti Suzuki has learnt more about their WagonR from Parag than their R&D team!

Now the miles are clocking on the Ertiga!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 17:56   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
AFAIK, Maruti Suzuki has learnt more about their WagonR from Parag than their R&D team!

Now the miles are clocking on the Ertiga!

Anurag.
Yes, breaking news is MUL has fired most R&D Engineers of Ertiga after Parag bought one
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 18:01   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Yes, breaking news is MUL has fired most R&D Engineers of Ertiga after Parag bought one

Wouldn't it be good/best if Parag had bought a Skoda?

At least their engineers would be fired for good!

Hope you get what I mean!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 12:06   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

8 Years ago is when I took delivery of this WagonR never even having the slightest of hint that I will clock more than 2 lakh Kms and still keep driving it.

The Tallboy now enters 9th Year of ownership with absolutely no issues or break-downs till date. Something that I can always proudly say today.

Here's a collage of to add this day on my ownership thread.

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-543415_10151618944869998_1896469027_n.jpg

Planning to take time out this weekend for a Photoshoot of both the Siblings. Hopefully then, I will post more photos of the Tallboy.

The ODO stands at 214554 KMS as of today morning!
paragsachania is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 19:48   #235
BANNED

Quote:
The Tallboy now enters 9th Year of ownership with absolutely no issues or break-downs till date. Something that I can always proudly say today.

Planning to take time out this weekend for a Photoshoot of both the Siblings. Hopefully then, I will post more photos of the Tallboy.
Maruti Suzuki has to give you a party and have a photo shoot.

They have to keep your car as Reference and give you special consideration.

THE BOSS needs respect and some pampering? What gift are you giving the Boss?

Anurag
Old 24th March 2014, 19:52   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What gift are you giving the Boss?
Anurag
I cranked him this morning and dropped my daughter to School as usual. Driving him regularly is the best gift for a car that prefers to keep moving than remain stationary despite of the Ertiga. It also is the preferred car for weekends within Bangalore limits.

However, It will be washed Inside-out some time this week and be taken to some good location along with its big brother Ertiga for a Photoshoot.
Old 24th March 2014, 20:10   #237
BHPian

Maruti Wagon-R F10D. 210,000 kms and still munching miles

Quote:
I cranked him this morning and dropped my daughter to School as usual. Driving him regularly is the best gift for a car that prefers to keep moving than remain stationary despite of the Ertiga. It also is the preferred car for weekends within Bangalore limits.

However, It will be washed Inside-out some time this week and be taken to some good location along with its big brother Ertiga for a Photoshoot.

I think you mustn't take the title of Big Brother away from the Boss. It usually happens that the younger siblings grow taller and bigger and more powerful , but they can never out-do the reliance and wisdom given by the elders; which in your case, Boss has done wonderfully.

I digress. Congrats on achieveing all this with a gem of car that was always under-estimated by the parents MSIL. I will be lucky if I can get even half as close with my Ritz ZXi. Guess, for inspiration, I will have to keep returning to this thread, every now and then.
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2014, 20:25   #238
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
I will be lucky if I can get even half as close with my Ritz ZXi. Guess, for inspiration, I will have to keep returning to this thread, every now and then.
You are right, the owner and his car are an inspiration to many here in Team-BHP.

I did succeed in reaching the half mark of what Parag has done with my Ritz VDi (Sold at 1.07 Lakh kms).

Anurag.
Old 8th April 2014, 09:45   #239
BHPian

Quote:
You are right, the owner and his car are an inspiration to many here in Team-BHP.

I did succeed in reaching the half mark of what Parag has done with my Ritz VDi (Sold at 1.07 Lakh kms).

Anurag.

And I have done about .07 lakh kms on my Ritz ZXi till now
But there are a couple of long drives in store this year, so hopefully will clock some serious miles on my Azzurra (that's her name).
Old 9th April 2014, 03:11   #240
BHPian

Hi Parag,
I understand you have done lot of DIY on this gem of a car, like spark plugs etc. but would like to more on how you maintained this car.
I want to know on servicing of your WagonR. Is this exclusively maintained at M.A.S.S? or you buy MGP and then give it to your mechanic to do repairs? or mix of both. Which services/repairs were done at A.S.C and which were done otherwise.

I have almost 8 yr old waggie with 55K on odo and so far has been maintained at M.A.S.S but i am not satisfied with it. They do lot of extra work without focusing on real issue.

Also, It will help me make a decision on replacing my aging honda city with an ertiga possibly. Somewhat expensive repair at Honda A.S.C has made me think on replacing with a maruti Suzuki in near future. You have far more experience in maintaining than I have . Thanks

Most Viewed