Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 17:58   #301
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
Its one of the best built models in its segment. No wonder, it is still among the top three best selling cars in India, that too without an oil burner variant.
It will remain the best selling and I haven't seen a car that is so good - to drive, to own, to live with.

Even the second hand car market accepts this car well.

What could happen if the WagonR get an 800cc diesel heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I quite agree on the quality of parts used in this variant having seen them the way they hold up even today.
FE was a concern but not the only deciding factor for buyer when shopping cars. Space, be it upwards or sideways was the best in the segment. Ergonomically the best small car even now and looks neutral.

All I can say is "Old is Gold!" The standards for finishing, quality of materials used, build quality were class apart so they feel strong even today.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 18:01   #302
BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Hi Parag

Many congratulations. Important milestone crossed.

Years ago my elder brother had a Wagon R. He and his family had driven from Gurgaon to Hyderabad and a couple of years later from Hyderabad to Gurgaon. I think his had clocked 1,25,000 when he sold it. In a recent visit to Leh I saw several Wagon Rs. In fact now Maruti (and Hyndai) have opened a showroom there. Tells you something about the reliability and long term ownership of a trusted Maruti.

Congrats again. And keep munching miles.

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 18:39   #303

Where have you been servicing the car, my zen has reached 185000 kms while the engine fuelefficency and the power is perfect still. The body has suffered paint fading and outside rubber has lost color.
Old 17th November 2014, 19:26   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Hi Parag

Many congratulations. Important milestone crossed.
Thank you Rajsin.
Quote:
In a recent visit to Leh I saw several Wagon Rs. In fact now Maruti (and Hyndai) have opened a showroom there.
Yes indeed. We got the Linea's underbody checked and complete car wash done at a Maruti Dealership in Leh few months before! More than the WagonR's I have seen the Altos rule here. I guess it is mainly due to the very bad roads coupled with "cheaper on pocket" situations when it comes to replacing the suspension parts that call for regular replacement in this terrain.

The affordability here would hence not just be limited to owning the car but also be able to maintain one in such terrains. The Altos, WagonRs and the Santros would remain the preferred choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinshetty View Post
Where have you been servicing the car, my zen has reached 185000 kms while the engine fuelefficency and the power is perfect still. The body has suffered paint fading and outside rubber has lost color.
Surakshaa Car Care, Bommanahalli.
Old 17th November 2014, 20:29   #305
BHPian

Greatly maintained car! I feel it would run another 2 lakh Kms without much of issues.

Your left rear lamp cluster looks newer than the right one! I think the latter is newer in age? Shows how much Maruti has reduced the build quality of their cars.

There was one 1980's Maruti 800 near my locality. The sheet metal thickness felt stronger than my Punto!
devansn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 20:41   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Your left rear lamp cluster looks newer than the right one! I think the latter is newer in age?
Like I mentioned, It is only the rear Tail Lamp cluster on the right side that was replaced. The left is still stock.

While the left one is by still Lumax while the right seems to be from FIEM. I can easily notice a slight difference in the color share between the two when the lights are up!

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th November 2014 at 20:43.
Old 18th November 2014, 07:39   #307
Senior - BHPian

Wow at 220k Kms the car has been maintained very well. This is something i want to do with my Civic. Maybe not 200K + kms but atleast 150K. Unfortunately the car's suspension has taken a beating at just 54K and am looking at a major front suspension overhaul which is going to cost me a mini bomb.Any tips on how to tackle bad roads or maintain the suspension ?

Thanks
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 10:27   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
Greatly maintained car! I feel it would run another 2 lakh Kms without much of issues.

Your left rear lamp cluster looks newer than the right one! I think the latter is newer in age? Shows how much Maruti has reduced the build quality of their cars.

There was one 1980's Maruti 800 near my locality. The sheet metal thickness felt stronger than my Punto!
Completely agree, 7-8 years back a Santro hit my friends parked Maruti 800 & had dents all over and my friends car had few scratches, I was surprised & shocked. Maruti build quality has reduced significantly..
Old 18th November 2014, 14:57   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Wow at 220k Kms the car has been maintained very well. This is something i want to do with my Civic. Maybe not 200K + kms but atleast 150K. Unfortunately the car's suspension has taken a beating at just 54K and am looking at a major front suspension overhaul which is going to cost me a mini bomb.Any tips on how to tackle bad roads or maintain the suspension ?

Thanks
Follow a Merc E or S class driven by a veteran owner and you will see how cautiously the potholes and speed-breakers are managed. One of my neighbors has 1994 Merc and is still running great. Not sure of suspension though, but I have traveled with him couple of times, both he and his driver are extremely careful of bad roads.

You will see that drivers accelerate immediately upon front wheels clearing a breaker / pothole but I have always seen his driver accelerating once the rear wheels are through.

I am sure their car does not ask for anything beyond regular service. He is a retired Foreign Service personnel and has served in many countries.

Cheers.
i74js is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 18:41   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post

Thanks
Thanks Sumeet. In fact my WagonR's first suspesion job (struts and Bushes only) was around the 75-80k mark. Second one happened at 147k and this time it included lower arms, Tie Roads, Steering ball joint ends.

I have been mentioning all over this review that the car is not used in a sophisticated manner and only on good roads. It has seen its share of bad to worst roads during these 8.5 years too.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 18:58   #311
BHPian

Re: @2197xx Kms - Latest Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Pictorial update on how the car is holding up nearing 220000 kms!
Parag, yours is a really well maintained car! Its quite an inspiration for me to read your review as my WagonR is now almost 8 (Jan 2007 model) though not as many kms clocked as yours - 91,000 kms at the moment.

Its at an age where everyone in the family is wanting to sell it, but I'm holding on as its given no problems at all so far. It takes a beating, but keeps on ticking.
gomzi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 19:25   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: @2197xx Kms - Latest Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Its at an age where everyone in the family is wanting to sell it, but I'm holding on as its given no problems at all so far. It takes a beating, but keeps on ticking.
In my case, this one will always remain with us till we can maintain it well. The immediate attention that it needs is only replacement of both the bumpers with new ones. The OE bumper have scratches over all these years of usage and broken clips behind them and I would prefer replacing them with new ones.

Apart from that, nothing much in mind that calls for a replacement.
Old 18th November 2014, 19:52   #313
Team-BHP Support

Oh boy! You make me repent selling our WagonR off at the 97k mark. However, we just had to upgrade to an automate since father developed left knee issues recently.

The magic of silver is that it needs very less maintenance. Even our silver WagonR looked good after almost 10 years, but I can't hope to do that with the white Punto currently or even the white Xcent. Silver also hides scratches to a large extent unlike other colours. On the negative side, it never used to give me any satisfaction whenever I have tried detailing. Looks the same with just an additional hint of gloss.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 20:06   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Oh boy! You make me repent selling our WagonR off at the 97k mark. However, we just had to upgrade to an automate since father developed left knee issues recently.
In my case I somehow ensured that my wife drives this rather than ask me to buy an automatic for her. Glad that it worked in my favor and the Waggy still continues to serve us.
Quote:
The magic of silver is that it needs very less maintenance. Even our silver WagonR looked good after almost 10 years, but I can't hope to do that with the white Punto currently or even the white Xcent. Silver also hides scratches to a large extent unlike other colours.
Spot on! In fact, the Darker shaded Ertiga no matter how cleanly I wash still manages to attract dust within few minutes of wiping it dry. Small scratches, Swirlmarks are synonymous with darker shades I believe.
Old 19th November 2014, 11:44   #315
BHPian

Wagon R... there is something about it that makes it difficult to replace... perhaps it's its price & practicality. Though you are excited to have one but it's not love at first sight. Like an arranged marriage where practical considerations take the front seat rather than the matters of heart. But once you get going it is not easy to be separated from it.

Mine is 7 years old, has so far covered 1 lakh 7 thousand kms and still going strong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks