BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident Edit: fixed now

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
[b][center]. WagonR!
Dear Parag Sir,

Glad everyone is safe.

Blind spot issue with Tipper truck.

Been a witness as a pedestrian to similar case in Toronto.

Semi indicators were on, but got covered by material.

These trucks due to size take a longer turn, they move more forward and turn, leaving plenty space.

Same thing happened, car driver was unable to decide of truck whether going straight or taking turn.

My 2006 Wagonr wishes Get well soon! to yours.
ritz3645 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 22:53   #332
Senior - BHPian

Ouch, that hurts! It was an accident waiting to happen, for no fault of yours. Hope you get your car back to its pristine shape. From the photos, the damage does not look bad.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2015, 17:47   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz3645 View Post
These trucks due to size take a longer turn, they move more forward and turn, leaving plenty space.
Plenty of signals I pass and always wary about long vehicles that I ensure enough space is left for them to make a turn or I would rather wait before they take turns.

In my case (if you read) I had not even moved that the truck started to move by turning right there without even heading straight. It means:

1. The truck was not at all aware of my presence

2. The truck may have suddenly decide to take left (May be heading straight otherwise)

The point here is - There was no cleaner for this truck and neither did the trucker spot my flashing of headlights next to him or my frantic honking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Ouch, that hurts! It was an accident waiting to happen, for no fault of yours. Hope you get your car back to its pristine shape. From the photos, the damage does not look bad.
Yes vnabhi, barring the fender both the doors, rear quarter panel and boot door can be repaired.

The survey was done today and a go ahead has been given to proceed with the work. Hopefully, I should be getting the WagonR back by the weekend.

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th June 2015 at 17:51.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2015, 12:02   #334
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Its unfortunate that this happened, Parag and I know how it feels when your car is damaged for no fault of yours. From what I have read no amount of anticipation on your part could have avoided this. I know the hassles involved if you do decide to pursue the matter with the owner of the truck. I hope your car is back again in pristine form and await an update.

Cheers,
gpa
gpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 19:15   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: Back to Business

Tallboy is back to Business:

It took exactly a week for the Tallboy to get back in Shape after the eventful incident on last weekend.

I visited the ASC this afternoon to take the delivery of the WagonR and the folks were still attending the car with last minute tasks.

Overall, here is what was done the car:
  • Right Hand side Fender – Replaced
  • Right Hand side Driver Door – Repaired
  • Right hand side Passenger Door – Repaired
  • Right hand side Rear Quarter Panel – Repaired
  • Right Hand side Rear Quarter Panel Glass – Replace
  • Boot Door – Repaired
  • Rear Bumper – Replaced
  • Right hand side Tail Lamp - Replaced
  • Front Bumper – Painted
  • Door Moulding for all 4 Doors – Replaced
  • “WagonR” and “LXi” chrome lettering – Replaced

Apart from these, the complete left hand side starting from Front Bumper all the way to rear boot door and Bumper underwent painting as panels were either repaired or replaced (As above). Bonnet and the left hand side were left as it is. The WagonR also underwent a round of Polishing by the 3M folks.

The Front and the rear Bumper were painted since it would not make justice to have them with small scratches.

Few pics taken at the workshop. This one was when the side mouldings were yet to be pasted:
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-side_no-moulding.jpg

Soon after side mouldings were pasted:
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-side-moulding.jpg
Few pictures that show the entire side profile including few shots that show the Front and the rear as well:
My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-front-side.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-rear-01.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-rear-side.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-rear.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-side-full-01.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-side-full.jpg

Overall, I am absolutely satisfied by the turnaround time to deal with this entire work and the quality of the work. The dent repairs and painting are indeed top notch and I am happy that even the matching is near perfect (I am yet to do a thorough check on this aspect though).

So, the WagonR is back in complete shape and ready to munch more and more miles.

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th June 2015 at 19:39.
paragsachania is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 20:12   #336
BANNED

Re: Update: Back to Business

Quote:
So, the WagonR is back in complete shape and ready to munch more and more miles.

Looks great and is back finally! Not one soul can say that this car has done 223000 kms under its belt. Hats off to you and your maintenance.

Happy mile munching!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2015, 23:31   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tallboy is back to Business:

It took exactly a week for the Tallboy to get back in Shape after the eventful incident on last weekend.
Superb work by MASS, parag The car looks as good as new. Also, impressed with the turnaround time. Sometime back FASS quoted me 4 days time for a bumper replacement, which finally I repaired in a local garage. But here with some major work, warranty claim involved and still you got back the car quickly. Super!
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 00:47   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Superb work by MASS, parag The car looks as good as new. Also, impressed with the turnaround time. Sometime back FASS quoted me 4 days time for a bumper replacement, which finally I repaired in a local garage. But here with some major work, warranty claim involved and still you got back the car quickly. Super!
Thanks Arun. Yes, the turnaround time was faster. I was expecting at least 10 working days for this only because of the "age" of the car and the availability of parts like Fender, Bumper, Quarter Panel Glass and Tail Lamps.

The actual work started only on Wednesday as the Insurance Surveyor arrived for inspection only on Tuesday evening as he was on leave on Monday.Hence, it is essentially 4 days of work excluding a bit of effort before the final delivery today.

I was almost going to get the delivery on Saturday but learnt that the rear bumper that arrived was damaged on arrival and they had to source it from elsewhere.

The paint matching job has been good and so is the overall dent removal, painting and final finish. Looks clean. There were very smaller scratches here and there on the bumper before this incident that also disappeared once both the bumpers were painted. So now, I or wifey will have to be doubly careful than before to avoid any scratches .

All's well that ends well. May be the Tallboy was asking for a fresh coat at least for the bumper through this incident!

Last edited by paragsachania : 16th June 2015 at 00:49.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2015, 20:30   #339
BANNED

re: My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: Beyond 10 Years & 232,000 kms

How much did all of this set you back by? did you try to claim from the truck owner or did you pay from your own pocket?
Old 19th June 2015, 21:49   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
How much did all of this set you back by? did you try to claim from the truck owner or did you pay from your own pocket?
I have mentioned earlier that I didn't get a penny from the truck driver due to the circumstances - Late night, Trucker asking me to come with him to the site when my wife as along with me.

I paid 13500 from my pocket mainly because I paid for front Bumper painting & full body polishing which was not part of the claim.

Additionally, the door mouldings cost me 600 INR Each (whereas I get a set for Ertiga at 1600 for 4 pieces) which I paid from my pocket again.

Rest of everything was covered as part of the insurance and the depreciation factored as 50%.
Old 20th June 2015, 17:32   #341
Distinguished - BHPian

2L kms and the car looks beautiful! Do you think a black stickering on the C pillar (coupled with the quarter glass) would lend a better character to the car?? I know it's an off-beat suggestion, but couldn't resist it.

I have so much respect for Maruti vehicles for the way it holds up even after munching so many miles, the only down side is the lower quality interior feel/rattles etc. Hope the new gen products are made taking these into account.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 20:01   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
2L kms and the car looks beautiful! Do you think a black stickering on the C pillar (coupled with the quarter glass) would lend a better character to the car?? I know it's an off-beat suggestion, but couldn't resist it.
Yes, I have been thinking about that too. The rear quarter panel without blackening looks a little out of place.

This is the same reason I again for the door moulding pasted on all 4 doors after the dent repairs as the side profile would look too flat otherwise.

I may give it a try and see how blackening C Pillar and quarter glass area would make it look better. Something like this:

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-side-full-01.jpg

Quote:
lower quality interior feel/rattles etc. Hope the new gen products are made taking these into account.
For this model of the WagonR, the was was too plasticky from the inside right from the Dash all the way to the boot.

But what I also noticed (when I compare that to the Ertiga) is that these plastics are indeed thicker and holding up very well despite of so many kms under the hood.

You may want to refer the pics taken of the interiors only a few months before:

Interior pics of the WagonR at 220,000 kms

Gear lever, Door pads, Dashboard switches for the AC, Indicator stalks, Pedals - Each and every part you see here in this post are OE fitment.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2015, 12:38   #343
BHPian

Hey Parag

I am just glad that no injuries took place.

Maruti service is good - quite a benchmark I must say.

I agree with your analysis - you were probably in a blind spot and the truck driver just made a terrible mistake. Happens.

Glad all this is behind you. The car looks printine.

Hit the road and drive her out!

Cheers

Rajain
Rajain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 19:26   #344
BHPian

Parag, need a small help from your side.

My 2013, 18500 kms old WR jerks a bit when I press the accelerator pedal. 2nd to 3rd gear shift between 35kmph to 40kmph approx. Car > 150 kms post 20k paid service.

Have you experienced it ever? if yes, how did you rectify?
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 19:47   #345
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Parag, need a small help from your side.

My 2013, 18500 kms old WR jerks a bit when I press the accelerator pedal. 2nd to 3rd gear shift between 35kmph to 40kmph approx. Car > 150 kms post 20k paid service.

Have you experienced it ever? if yes, how did you rectify?
One of the most common reasons for such jerking is due to water droplets entering the area where spark plug ignitors go in, mainly after that high pressure water wash.

This is the very first thing I would suspect as you have mentioned the issue is after servicing. May be get the ignitors removed including the plugs and blow pressurised air and ensure no moisture remains.

Take it back to the ASC and get this checked.

However, you also mention its only when shifting from 2nd to 3rd. May be that's happening with other gears too? Try few times and let me know.

Again, if getting rid of moisture wont help, try with a new or different set of spark plugs (3 assuming yours is a K Series as you mention 2013).

Most likely the above steps should help rectify the issue you are facing.

But check this first after the first step and only later suspect plugs.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed