Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2013, 12:17   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 223,000 kms & the first accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Any special number asked or no?
Yes, I am trying for a specific number though nothing to do with numerology 'et al. The arrival of this number needs another 300 odd vehicles to be registered at the RTO and these back to back Holidays since Monday is delaying this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I think the case here is, the road tax has been paid but a number is yet to be allotted.
You are right. Road Tax Paid against chassis number and Variant. Insurance bought in similar way. Only thing pending is my file will be forwarded when the number arrives on Saturday, Hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Parag, temp registration should be done before the car is let out on the roads. So, I'm sure it would be done. So, there is no risk at all.
Actually, there is no TR done as well and hence I am not taking the risk. If I need to drive to work, I have to cross 13 Traffic lights and I am paranoid if something goes wrong, I will be at the receiving end. Plus the fact that a car with no number plates will always attract the cops' attention too

Quote:
Not necessarily. You can tell the dealer if you want to get the car registered yourself. He will just get the Temp registration done for the car and that is valid for 1 month. You can do the permanent registration within that time or you can renew the Temp registration at the end of the month.
Yes, you are right. This happens regularly when folks from small towns buy cars from bigger cities due to dealership's absence in their place.

On the same day I took delivery, a friend of mine was taking a delivery of the WagonR by paying only the road taxes.

That said, I am very hopeful that by tomorrow noon, the number will be allocated for the Ertiga.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 13:05   #182
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Ertiga, Parag. Good choice indeed, to suit a growing family.

I wish you many happy miles on both cars. Do keep updating this thread, as it is a source of inspiration for Waggy owners.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 19:19   #183
BHPian

Congrats parag. Another long term affair starts, i guess.
I like the Ertiga for what it offers in-terms of being an all-rounder. Hope to get one soon.
aneezan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:12   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to all of you for your wishes and yes indeed I will keep this thread posted with the updates and DIYs on the WagonR.

On registration formalities for the Ertiga, this was the reason for the wait and I must say, It was worth 4 days:

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-combi.jpg
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:39   #185
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Thanks to all of you for your wishes and yes indeed I will keep this thread posted with the updates and DIYs on the WagonR.

On registration formalities for the Ertiga, this was the reason for the wait and I must say, It was worth 4 days
Congratulations Parag. We need both the threads updated every weekend. LOL.

Lovely number and same number on both the cars. I suggest you to get a plate like you got it done for the WagonR. Would suit the car.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:45   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lovely number and same number on both the cars. I suggest you to get a plate like you got it done for the WagonR. Would suit the car.

Anurag.
Yes Anurag. In fact, I will be getting such plates by this week itself. It was on cards but just that I need to pick them up through a detour to work where these plates are made.

I badly needed the plates first to be able to start driving the Ertiga on a daily basis and I got a call from the dealer yesterday that the Number is allotted for the Ertiga. So, yesterday was the first In-city drive to work and back in the Ertiga too.

Now that you can register in any RTO in Bangalore (starting OCT 1), even though my address remains the same, you can see that its KA51 for the Ertiga instead of KA 04 for the WagonR.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 12:16   #187
BANNED

Quote:

Yes Anurag. In fact, I will be getting such plates by this week itself. It was on cards but just that I need to pick them up through a detour to work where these plates are made.

I badly needed the plates first to be able to start driving the Ertiga on a daily basis and I got a call from the dealer yesterday that the Number is allotted for the Ertiga. So, yesterday was the first In-city drive to work and back in the Ertiga too.

Now that you can register in any RTO in Bangalore (starting OCT 1), even though my address remains the same, you can see that its KA51 for the Ertiga instead of KA 04 for the WagonR.
How much do these number plates cost? Will get it done for my new car too.

Anurag.
Old 22nd October 2013, 15:15   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much do these number plates cost? Will get it done for my new car too.

Anurag.
They are available from the manufacturer in Bangalore at his premises at 450 Per plate. Made to order, it will be done in 20-30 minutes and you can take it along.

The one that I have for the WagonR was ordered and home delivered when Utsav used to sell these plates and I remember paying 1225 Per pair and it was delivered in under 24 hours from Delhi.
Old 22nd October 2013, 15:22   #189
BANNED

Quote:

They are available from the manufacturer in Bangalore at his premises at 450 Per plate. Made to order, it will be done in 20-30 minutes and you can take it along.

The one that I have for the WagonR was ordered and home delivered when Utsav used to sell these plates and I remember paying 1225 Per pair and it was delivered in under 24 hours from Delhi.
Thanks Parag.

Will definitely have it on my new car. Just love the look it contributes to the car. Simple and smart

Anurag.
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:48   #190
BHPian

Quote:

Isn't that the high security number plate on your wagonr which we have to get from the RTO itself?
I had to get the same in my car last year and they charged me 2500 for the pair.

Name:  ForumRunner_20131022_204231.png
Views: 2821
Size:  344.2 KB

The traffic cops here are too strict about these plates.
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:54   #191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashkait Kapoor View Post
Isn't that the high security number plate
No this is not HSRP/HSNP. It is a simple plate with embossed characters that exhibits certain characteristics of the guidelines laid out by the Transport ministry for High Security Registration Plates.

Here is the post/thread that should throw some light on HSRP:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2665988

These look good for your car and this is the same reason I ordered one. HSRP will have a lot more security features like monogram, rivets (in place of bolts) etc.

EDIT: I did notice in the same thread that this rule is very much alive in many states and one needs to procure the plates from the RTO. So far, there is none in Karnataka.

Last edited by paragsachania : 22nd October 2013 at 20:56.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 22:30   #192
BHPian

Quote:

Here is the post/thread that should throw some light on HSRP:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2665988
Okay I just went through the thread a bit and I feel the RTO here is charging quite high compared to the other states!
Old 27th November 2013, 20:00   #193
PVS
BHPian

Hi Parag - My Wagon R purchased in August 2012 has now clocked close to 19700 kms, and I will be getting its 20,000 Kms servicing done shortly. Apart from changing the spark plugs to Bosch Super, is there anything else that I need to take care of? Wipers - do I have to replace them as well? And how much do these Bosch Super Spark plugs cost?
Thanks in advance!!

Regards
Old 27th November 2013, 22:58   #194
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Hi Parag - My Wagon R purchased in August 2012 has now clocked close to 19700 kms, and I will be getting its 20,000 Kms servicing done shortly. Apart from changing the spark plugs to Bosch Super, is there anything else that I need to take care of? Wipers - do I have to replace them as well? And how much do these Bosch Super Spark plugs cost?
Thanks in advance!!

Regards
Won't changing the spark plugs from OEM to Bosch void warranty unless it is changed and recommended by MASS?! If changing the spark plugs is fine then try out Iridium ones. They are good in feel over the stock.

How are wipers now? Are they wiping properly or squeaking? IMO, If it is normal let it be as post winter the blades will loose its shape in the summer season so at the end of summer replace the blades before the rains start. No point in putting the new ones as it will go bad by summers end.

The regular stuff anyway remains the same (Engine oil, air filter), get the wheel balancing, alignment and rotation also done (Preferably from an outside guy as MASS overcharges for this).

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 09:30   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVS View Post
Thanks in advance!!

Regards
Hi PVS, 2012 WagonR would be K-Series and they come with NGK-KR6A - 10 as stock for Spark Plugs.

For all the experience that I have had on my WagonR (F10D), I am absolutely happy with NGK (DCPR7E) which came as stock for this model.

I experimented with Bosch at a later stage with the ODO around 1,12,000kms and found them hopeless. Same is the case with Denso. In fact for my Model a specific make of Champion is also recommended as per manual but NGK always gave me the best results; specially when driving at very low RPMs or seamless acceleration at higher revs whenever needed.

That said, I am not telling Bosch or Denso are bad but the NGKs always offered better results for my WagonR.

I was so specific with NGK that whenever the ASC didn't have them in stock, I used to either buy them from MGP Dealers or NGK Distributor and change them myself.

Although NGK may not yet have a Iridium equivalent for KR6A-10, it would be good to inquire for them with the distributor.

For DCPR7E, there is a Iridium equivalent (DCPR7E-IX) and I am using that for the last 40,000 kms and they have been performing extremely well.

Hence, I would strongly suggest you to stay away from Bosch for spark plugs and stick to NGK.

On wipers, I have not had any better experience with Bosh as I used them once way back on 2008. Since then, I am back to Syndicate which come as stock for most of the cars from other manufacturers as well.

On cost, I think a pair of Bosch should cost you around 299-350 INR may be?

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th November 2013 at 09:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks