Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2017, 22:38   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: Beyond 10 Years & 239,000 kms

Good going Parag. Reading your WagonR thread every time instils confidence to keep my 9-year-old WagonR for few more coming years.

It is indeed an amazing car. Too hard to let go! Even more than your first school/college crush
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 23:25   #377
Senior - BHPian

Wow! That is quite a milestone. I really miss my Wagon-R every time I see your thread. It was one heck of a car and I absolutely loved the F10D motor. After driving it for 1.5 years and 25k kms I realized why my dad used to love his Alto 1.1 back in 2003.

Shifting miscellaneous items or bringing home the computer table and shoe rack in one go. I don't think anything apart from an Innova or Jazz can do it. The split seats were a boon. Infact during our regular mumbai airport runs I feel the WagonR's boot was far more usable than what the Corolla offers.

With our recent experience with Tata motors because of the Nano twist. I am sure my family will be back to a WagonR in another 1-1.5 years. It's the perfect car for city runabouts. I just hate the k10 engine's low end.

I really hope to see you cross the 300k kms mark with your WagonR. But I am sure that within an year the Ertiga is going to overtake the WagonR's ODO reading😂.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 13:21   #378
BHPian

Your Wagon R inspires mine. 9.5 years old and 1,31,000 on the odo.

Last Sunday returned from a 3000 km round trip and it made me fall in love with it again. Returned the best mileage of 20.41 (AC off) and the amount of luggage it packed, especially under the seats, both front and rear was a feat indeed.

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-digariaimg_20170111_131623.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-ghormaraimg_20170111_110552.jpg

Both pics from Jharkhand.
Piyadassi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 00:54   #379
BHPian

Hi Parag,

Restarting old thread.

I have an F10D 2010 Wagon R Lxi. Recently I got it serviced @ Suraksha E.City for 50K kms PMS. For Engine Oil, they used 0W20. I doubt something oily, that it is not relevant for F10D. Rather 0W20 is only relevant for K-Series. Do see any potential issues that 0W20 has been used instead of 5W30 as recommended by Maruti for F10D in their latest circular as mentioned in TBHP?

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2017 at 08:34. Reason: Poorly typed post
navrddy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th June 2017, 06:42   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
that 0W20 has been used instead of 5W30 as recommended by Maruti for F10D in their latest circular as mentioned in TBHP?

Where have they recommended 0w20 for F10D WagonR?? Can you post a link to that thread??

It's only for new WagonR's with K10Bs produced after 2014. For F10D WagonR, stick to what your owner's manual says.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2017 at 08:35. Reason: Quoted post edited
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 19:27   #381
BHPian

Raised the concern with Maruti. Replaced 0w20 with 5w30.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2017 at 20:46. Reason: Typo.
Old 17th January 2018, 12:03   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

So someone had asked me what is the current Odometer reading in the WagonR. I was sure it was around 2.4 Lacs but still wanted to double-check and thought of updating this log here since its been a while!

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-20180116_195011.jpg

Ownership update:

Well, there is absolutely nothing to report. No complaints or niggles. I replaced the battery last month after the second one served me for over 7 years. I suspected that its end of life when It didn't crank after 5 days of idle time when we had driven to Pune-Aurangabad in the Ertiga.
paragsachania is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 13:23   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
So someone had asked me what is the current Odometer reading in the WagonR. I was sure it was around 2.4 Lacs but still wanted to double-check and thought of updating this log here since its been a while!
Congrats on completing 240k km with the WagonR, that too with the original engine, gearbox, radiator etc. This is a testimony of the reliability of the WagonR & the F10D engine, though credit must also be given to you for maintaining her so well over the years. Even the exterior doesn't seem to show any sign of ageing. How is the oil consumption after all these kilometers?

One of my friend used to own a silky silver 06 WagonR Lxi (sold last year), I used to get to her drive very frequently. The F10D though not the smoothest engine had very good low end torque & was a breeze to drive in city traffic, the gearshift though was bad compared to my zen, the AC was a chiller & all round visibility was very good. This particular car had done close to 100k km before being sold.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 19th January 2018 at 13:35.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 13:37   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
How is the oil consumption after all these kilometers?
Thanks chiranjitp! There has been no such consumption that I have noticed till now every time I carry out some checks in the morning, infrequently.

Quote:
The F10D though not the smoothest engine had very good low end torque & was a breeze to drive in city traffic,
Definitely not the smoothest I agree but the Low end response and due to this the ease to dirve around was what made it fun to drive if I may say so, LOL! In fact, ever since I have shifted to apartment, I can feel the way it climbs the ramp while exiting, so easily in 2nd gear while the Diesel Ertiga needs 1st as one needs to slow down at the curve just before the ramp starts and 1st becomes mandatory, especially for diesels.

Quote:
the gearshift though was bad compared to my zen, the AC was a chiller & all round visibility was very good. This particular car had done close to 100k km before being sold.
I have heard about the notchy gearshits that was the most prominent negative of the F10D but time and again I have shared my own experience here on how I have been lucky there. I find the gearshirts rubbery (when it slots) but never notchy or hard. In fact this car every time It visited ASC gave surprises to the mechanics who cranked or drove around and noticed that most of the controls were smooth, including the gears. I also find the initial bite of brakes more effective in this compared to Ertiga although the control you have when braking at higher speeds in the latter is way better to Ertiga, thanks to ABS, Wider tires, bigger calipers & boosters!

Soon, I shall post latest pictures of both the cars which is pending since 4 years .
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 16:27   #385
BHPian

re: My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 13 years, 247,000 km & major service update

Hi Parag,
Great to go this thread and your Wagon-R "beaming" afresh;wishing you more cheerful miles.

I have a 2005 one which is a breeze to drive every time I lay my hands on. In spite of an alternate in my garage, I don't feel like parting with her even though getting offers from service center manager and neighbors as it has just completed 44k.

Need your advice: Recently, the power steering of my car becomes dead and goes live whenever the engine is re-started. What could be the issue?; last week took the car to nearby service center and according to them, there is a power steering box that might be at fault and not easy to procure which costs between 5-7k. Glad if you or experts here could throw some light on this aspect.

Also, I have lost the owners' manual, any possible source to download the e-version?

Thank you.
Old 1st February 2018, 12:37   #386
BHPian

The old generation 1.1 Wagon R can do this. The backseats fold flat to liberate enough space to transport 4 side tables and a large 4x4 foot coffee table is placed on the roof rails.

Tough act to follow for any other car.
Attached Images

drsingh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 13:50   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post

Need your advice: Recently, the power steering of my car becomes dead and goes live whenever the engine is re-started. What could be the issue?; last week took the car to nearby service center and according to them, there is a power steering box that might be at fault and not easy to procure which costs between 5-7k. Glad if you or experts here could throw some light on this aspect.
I guess by power steering box your mechanic meant the EPS module. A faulty EPS module can surely hamper the proper functioning of the power steering. Last year I tried to fit a Ritz tachometer in my 01 Zen VXi http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...ml#post4333783. As you might see the tachometer didn't work properly, so I removed the tachometer from my car, but left the wires that we had connected to the tachometer.

Initially I didn't insulate the wires properly, so two wires shorted. This short-circuit disabled the EPS module & hence my ZEN behaved like a non PS ZEN. After removing the wires the power steering was back to normal. The EPS module is located under the steering wheel on the lower part of the dashboard. I would suggest that you click one photo of the EPS module (the part number would be written on the module) & visit a MGP store. The MGP store should easily tell you the cost of the EPS module by looking at part number.

Location of the EPS module (should be same in your WagonR)

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-eps-module.jpg

The EPS module

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-ps-module-1.jpg

The wires that shorted

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-shorted-wires.jpg
chiranjitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 11:40   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
I guess by power steering box your mechanic meant the EPS module.
Received a call from MGP dealer after sharing the product and contact details on http://www.mgp.co.in/.

According to them, the EPS module costs 7.8k and is available on order only by paying 5k advance.

Thank you.
metropolis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2018, 14:04   #389
BHPian

@paragsachania: You are a real inspiration! Your Wagon-R looks absolutely brand new and is running like new too. I am of the honest opinion that its a reflection of your driving and maintenance style.

Keep this lovely machine chugging along and looking forward to many 'thousand' more kilometers to come.

I recently also became a member of the Maruti family having bought the 2018 Swift, moving from a Ford. So far its been absolutely splendid and hoping that I can even do half of what you have done!
qr20de is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 12:35   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Next month the Tallboy completes 13 years and enters 14th Year. The last suspension job was around 1,47,000 Km. While I drove it couple of times this month, I realised it was time to change the suspension to make him fit for another 1L kms! Front and rear suspension including lower arms.

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img_20190130_125802.jpg

My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!-img_20190130_130353.jpg

Leoshashi as usual was super helpful with the part numbers. I picked these from an MGP Store in the last week while one of the parts (Strut Assy for one side) arrived on yesterday and I picked it up too.

Hoping to replace the suspension on this weekend including the periodic service and update here.

Honestly and obviously , I am more excited about servicing the WagonR and keeping it top notch than I may have been for the Ertiga .

Last edited by paragsachania : 6th February 2019 at 12:36.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks