Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2022, 10:16   #451
BHPian

Re: My Maruti Wagon-R F10D: 16 years, 258,000 kms, makes way for the Baleno!

Congrats Parag on your new car; reading your WagonR Farewell post is like watching the final episode of a long running TV series, a series full of happy and good things. Your thread was very useful while I made my WagonR K10 purchase in 2012 and was the de-facto guide for all things WagonR and I am sure it will continue to be so.
sathyasuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 10:25   #452
Senior - BHPian

Exceptional service and upkeep

The new owner is one lucky gentleman and the previous owner is a content one as the car finds a worthy home.
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 10:29   #453
BHPian

Congrats Parag. The new silver color from nexa looks premium in comparison to wagon R's silky silver. I hope the color ages well like silky silver.
AntPaul is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 10:35   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
This Dasara, when I saw the youngster taking the place of this veteran, I felt kind of sad!
Trust me, all of us equally were sad. I had no reason to retain the car if I was upgrading. Parking I have is only for 2 cars. Then, I had no one in mind who would actually take care of the car who I could give away within my social circle. It would have been even more painful to see someone not taking care of it who you thought would.

Upon booking the Baleno, the dealership MD ensured to either retain it for their Career Academy or find someone we both know and incidentally the next owner was someone who we both knew and I continue to assume (till I see the car next week) that he will take care of it.

Quote:
I had no reason to; for, except on the forum, I have not even seen the car physically.
As I recollect, we met only when you spotted the Ertiga at Chikmagalur. May be next time when you are in Belur, you may end up spotting the Tallboy doing duties around the temple complex too

Quote:
But I had every reason to; for, on the forum, I have, through your write ups, travelled everywhere the old faithful took you.
The WagonR gave us lot of memories, first of its kind that we all experienced and enjoyed. The Ertiga made it better. However, the WagonR shall remain closest to my heart as it was one car that I never expected to drive such distances nor clock so many km during its ownership.

Quote:
the faith you had in this old horse and the way it reciprocated the same by not stranding you anywhere, speak volume about the dependability of this legend.
When we drove the Golden Quadrilateral, the odometer was already at 1.65L and a day prior to this drive all I did was to get the under-chassis fasteners checked, and nothing else. We just drove the next 7 days covering 6000 Km, including marathon runs that lasted over 31+ Hours and 1750 Kms in the month of May. The AC itself never underperformed for its age and the hot climate of Rajasthan back then.

Quote:
Hope you will stay inside the new car and the forum for longer durations and with more regularity .
Thank you! Year 2022 has been busy all throughout. Though there was some good travel that happened, I didn't find focused time to make any updates to the threads where I am active, including the ownership threads. I hope to get some free time from now and get back to some regular posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Congratulations Parag, wishing you a happy miles with Baleno. The WagonR is a Legend!
Thanks a lot. It has only been ~4 months and 4000 Km and I must admit, I am still knowing a lot more about the car. While practicality will certainly be missed, the convenience factor shall continue to remain the USP between both the cars in the garage now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Selling the WagonR with clean interiors, a full service & functionally fully fit, goes to show people who truly respect their possessions would be so gracious when parting with it.
Thank you! Trust me, there was no way I could have just given the car to the new buyer without a proper service. Interiors were always clean and hence nothing really was done there. The dealership MD even asked me why I had to service the car. But personally, It was like a big accountability on me when I am selling my car that has run so much in a condition that should give all the confidence to the next owner. The day of delivery is when we left with the Baleno to my apartment and the WagonR owner left for Belur. I later called back to check if everything was good with the car and the owner said one thing - I never had to doubt about the car when I knew it was maintained by you. To me, that is the biggest appreciation any enthusiast can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
That’s a nice farewell post for your WagonR. Its always tough to let go such a trouble-free wonderful machine after spending 16 years and 2.57L Kms. And so nice of you to get a full service done before handing the car to the next owner.

Congratulations on your Baleno. Its time for a breakfast drive .
Thank you Arun. We had one chance to meet when I got the WagonR for one of those dinner drives. I hope we will get to see it whenever we drive to Belur next time.

Breakfast drive - Let us make that happen. I am eager to hit the roads and the farther the better .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
Although I have never met you personally, heard only good things about you and your legendary Wagon-R from a common friend. Wagon-R is quite a practical, compact car and folks who have owned / used the car extensively will not disagree mostly.
Thank you! Practicality remained its biggest USP till the last day. Only recently we had to get few items from a Hardware store and I had to take the Ertiga. If WagonR was around, it was no brainer I would have picked it over Ertiga for a quick dash to the shop to pick the items.

Quote:
BTW, 5728 seems to be your lucky number, no!?
5728 for the WagonR was never chosen. However, when we bought the Ertiga, the running series was 57XX and due to some contacts at the RTO the dealership helped me get that number. Eventually, 5728 became lucky as both cars (WagonR and Ertiga) clocked over 2 lakh km without stranding anywhere and the number kind of became an identity.

However, for the Baleno, I never had any plans for 5728 but somewhere inside my mind, I had a thought that we should continue with the same number. I did pay this time for 5728 through the chosen/fancy number option at the RTO. Hoping that the legacy with 5728 shall continue with this new acquisition as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMXR View Post
Loved the post! Also how impeccably maintained are those interiors!
Also sat in a ola yesterday it was a wagon-r a 2015 lxi with 3.3 lakh on the odo! Terrible condition as it runs day and night but quite shocking to see such high mileage on not a really old wagon-r
Thank you. 2015 WagonR would be K-Series, something that I personally never liked as I could make instant comparison. The 3 cylinder itself was a biggest let down, especially when car is at idle speeds and would add to the vibrations along with clutch judder and everything else. However, it was leaps ahead in terms of better handling, more space for the rear passengers (albeit smaller boot) and a lot more efficient as well.

Last edited by paragsachania : 18th October 2022 at 10:44.
paragsachania is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 10:46   #455
BHPian

Congratulations Parag!! Your Wagon R and Ertiga threads are an inspiration. And letting go WagonR, must say wouldn't be easy. Excited to hear about your ownership experience with the new Baleno though.
Highh5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 10:52   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Tradition must continue - The WagonR welcomed the Ertiga back then in 2013 when its Odo was 2.22L and now the Ertiga welcomed the Baleno with 2.3L Km on its Odo
Congratulations on the new Baleno, Parag! Wish you a few lakh km of happy miles on the Baleno (I am sure you will quickly gather lakhs of miles on the Baleno too).

Your Ertiga and WagonR stories and legendary and inspirational. Looking forward to Baleno travel stories now.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 18th October 2022 at 10:53.
Dr.AD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 11:04   #457
BHPian

Many congrats and wish you another couple of million kms.
Same number for all the three cars
One thing I noticed that on the renewed RC of Wagon R, body type was mentioned as Saloon.
As always, have countless safe and happy rides.
Orange GTX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 11:12   #458
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Congratulations Parag!! Your Wagon R and Ertiga threads are an inspiration. And letting go WagonR, must say wouldn't be easy. Excited to hear about your ownership experience with the new Baleno though.
Thank you Highh5. I certainly intend to write a comprehensive ownership thread on the new Baleno and hence I haven't included a lot of details into why I picked it or my new car purchase experience. Hopefully soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
Congratulations on the new Baleno, Parag! Wish you a few lakh km of happy miles on the Baleno (I am sure you will quickly gather lakhs of miles on the Baleno too).

Your Ertiga and WagonR stories and legendary and inspirational. Looking forward to Baleno travel stories now.
Thank you Doc. With the Ertiga in 2013, WagonR seldom had any highway drives except very short ones. However, the Baleno being more capable, I would surely want to take it to the highways and experience it only to learn about it even more than what I already know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Congrats Parag on your new car; reading your WagonR Farewell post is like watching the final episode of a long running TV series, a series full of happy and good things. Your thread was very useful while I made my WagonR K10 purchase in 2012 and was the de-facto guide for all things WagonR and I am sure it will continue to be so.
Thank you sathyasuri. The WagonR thread started 3 years after I purchased it or else this may have one of those super long running thread when it comes to long term ownership. Wishing you many more miles on your WagonR too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
Exceptional service and upkeep

The new owner is one lucky gentleman and the previous owner is a content one as the car finds a worthy home.
Thank you. And I am eagerly waiting to meet the car (and the owner) next week when I drive that side .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntPaul View Post
Congrats Parag. The new silver color from nexa looks premium in comparison to wagon R's silky silver. I hope the color ages well like silky silver.
We were very specific about the color choice. Never wanted the usual Blue as it was way too common on our roads. We checked all the colors in person at the warehouse and decided to pick the silver. Dark shades were out of question as we wanted to ensure one of our cars will always have a lighter shade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange GTX View Post
Many congrats and wish you another couple of million kms.
Same number for all the three cars
One thing I noticed that on the renewed RC of Wagon R, body type was mentioned as Saloon.
Thank you Orange GTX. Apart from body type, even the emission standard is mentioned as BSII (mine is BSIII). I blame that on the usual way RTOs work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Wishing a few lakh happy & safe km on your new steed too! I am surprised you went from a tall boy seating (both wagon r & ertiga) to a lower seating hatchback, specially considering your height.

Congratulations!
Thank you Prassy! While I am super pampered with taller seating, this Baleno wasn't of that category at all though there is good space left above my head and it doesn't brush the roof lining. This car will be mostly drive by my wife and I will only use it occasionally, it hence met our requirements. I have seen even my dad struggle more than usual to alight from this car after a short drive, thanks to its lower seating that he is absolutely not used to. The Baleno will not be a regular highway car for us but for sure will take it out on the open roads few times only to experience it.

Last edited by paragsachania : 18th October 2022 at 11:23.
paragsachania is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 11:17   #459
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Parag,

Your wagon r & ertiga threads have been great inspiration to me. There are a few esteemed members like you, @crazydriver, @arunjosie @gannu who have given me examples that a well maintained car can last well past 2 lakh km.

Wishing a few lakh happy & safe km on your new steed too! I am surprised you went from a tall boy seating (both wagon r & ertiga) to a low seating hatchback, specially considering your height.

Congratulations!

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 18th October 2022 at 11:42.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 11:22   #460
BHPian

Hi Parag,

I have been following your posts and can feel the passion. We have wondered if Maruti pays you to be a brand ambassador of their cars, reliability and how to take care of it with love.

On a lighter note, may be now when I see any car with 5728 on it, I will think of you!
Cheers,
satishchugh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 12:46   #461
Senior - BHPian

Hey Parag - Your wagon R logs here are legendary. Envying as well. I didn’t realise it’s time will come.

And super congrats on the Baleno. It’ll serve you well for sure. I can say this because I owned one for 3 years. I’m sure the Baleno will take you places and we will start reading those trips. Hearty congrats and the bests with that Baleno for a few lakh KM’s to go.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 13:06   #462
BHPian

Congratulations on the new Baleno sir. Wishing you lakhs of trouble free kilometers with it. I hope the new owner continues to maintain the WagonR like to used to do.
TurboKat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 13:09   #463

Just as mentioned by @DailyDriver, haven't seen your car but read it extensively. And maybe another reason to connect to it was also because I also have a WagonR.

Your travelogues and tips has always inspired my decision and in someway i tried to follow it as well.

Sad to see a Legend move on...

Welcoming and congratulating you on the purchase of Baleno, It surely has some big shoes (or should I say tire tracks) to fill...
Blue_Silver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 13:12   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

It really is sad moment to see your WagonR being sold. Have been religiously following the thread since the start, since we had just bought the '09 F10D WagonR, a few months before the K10 version came. Heck, I didn't even want to start an ownership thread since there was nothing more I could write or share about our WagonR that this "Encyclopedia of F10D WagonR" thread hadn't. Same is the case with our Etios D. If our WagonR F10D had @paragsachania's thread as reference, @amalji's Etios D thread was the reference for our Etios D.

Hats off to your meticulous maintenance. Did have a tinge of jealousy that the new owner got such a mint condition car, at the same time guilty that we had to sell our Waggie in the height of Covid-19 in a less than ideal condition.

It may have gone, but the memories are for yours and your family's to stay. Congratualtions on the new Baleno . Who knows, maybe a few years down the line, we may pick up the Baleno or Glanza with your ownership thread as reference.
DicKy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 13:44   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Parag,

Hearty congratulations on your new wheels. wish you many miles of safe driving with the Baleno. Your track record for long drives and big number odometers is quite admirable. All the very best.

V.Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks