Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2009, 02:46   #76
BHPian

Sure man. Not in a hurry at all. I too think max of 3L. Lets see, I will table him a bid of 3L once I see the car and wait for his reaction. And one more thing... the car is white in colour and I dont like that colour
Old 13th April 2009, 04:14   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherishk View Post
Please suggest soon.

I saw a May, 05 Baleno Lxi in good condition with these additions

electronic side mirror control,rear spoiler,sony mp3 player, leather upholstery, silver colour alloy wheels with good tyre, central locking wit autocop

It is second owned one and the owner is quoting 3.5L. Would like to know if the price is ideal and if not whats the ideal?

I thought it should be worth some 3L or max 3.25L. Please give us your opinions.
the electronic adjust for mirrors is a standard feature for even the lxi model.

As for the other things,still it hasn't got so much accessories that the owner should demand such a price.Yes,3 lakhs should be just fine for an early '05 lxi model.

Regarding the colour,if you are not sure about it then search for other examples,you may find some in quick/pearl silver,as that's the colour most of the balenos were sold in.
Or you may get the door handles,side strips,ORVMs,boot strip painted white as well and throw in a spoiler (as found in Vxi) as well to make the car look better,as you said it already has alloy rims,it all would make the car look better.
Plus,in my opinion,white,black and that mettalic blue (that darker shade that looks like the impreza blue,hehe) look the best on the balenos,still you make up your mind on the colour,there is no use spending on something you dont like much.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 13th April 2009 at 04:15. Reason: mistype
Old 13th April 2009, 11:16   #78
BHPian

@YC.BALENO.CHD

Probably will have a look at it today. Lets see how it goes. Most of the times it happens that owners have wrong notion about the resale price and it gets difficult to appraise them of the market situation
Old 13th April 2009, 23:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@YC.BALENO.CHD

Probably will have a look at it today. Lets see how it goes. Most of the times it happens that owners have wrong notion about the resale price and it gets difficult to appraise them of the market situation
hehe,yeah.ok and do post in here once you have analysed the vehicle.
Regards.
Old 17th April 2009, 18:10   #80
BHPian

@baleno owners

Before I could test drive, the car mentioned previously was sold. Got a new offer. 4.1L for Feb 2007 Baleno Vxi. What do you think. Its in stock condition. Let me know soon.
Old 17th April 2009, 18:17   #81
Senior - BHPian

With the recession, you should be able to clinch it for 3.75 if the car is purrrrfect.
Old 18th April 2009, 01:04   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@baleno owners

Before I could test drive, the car mentioned previously was sold. Got a new offer. 4.1L for Feb 2007 Baleno Vxi. What do you think. Its in stock condition. Let me know soon.
Even at 4.1 lakh it seems to be a sweet deal. What about the details for it? Colour,kms clocked,overall condition?
Old 18th April 2009, 02:21   #83
BHPian

Not yet inspected it. Is it worth inspecting? He is citing health reasons for selling? 7 OTR in 2007 to 4.1L seems good, but thinking is it worth spending so much on discontinued vehicle? How much difference will there be in 2005 Vxi and 2007 vxi (in terms of VFM). Proxima sold his baleno for 3L for 2005 vxi (that too after servicing and adding few parts).

And also since its in stock I might change tyres and may be alloys too. That would shoot the price up by 30-40k.

I was looking at owning and changing @4L. I will give it a miss
Old 18th April 2009, 02:30   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet inspected it. Is it worth inspecting? He is citing health reasons for selling? 7 OTR in 2007 to 4.1L seems good, but thinking is it worth spending so much on discontinued vehicle? How much difference will there be in 2005 Vxi and 2007 vxi (in terms of VFM). Proxima sold his baleno for 3L for 2005 vxi (that too after servicing and adding few parts).

And also since its in stock I might change tyres and may be alloys too. That would shoot the price up by 30-40k.

I was looking at owning and changing @4L. I will give it a miss
Do give it a look before leaving the deal. Proxima sod at 3L because his car had clocked up more than 60k. While a '07 baleno may have possibly done not more than half that mileage. Further, in this case the tyres still will be good for another 15k-20k atleast, same with the alloys (manufactured by AURA), so even if u sell them they may fetch you decent money.
As for investing 4L on a discontinued car, think the other way, does it really matter if its discontinued if you are looking to drive car like OHC/BALENO/IKON 1..6. Further, spares is not really an issue. Even if you look at the current cars in market it will be difficult to find a car equivalent to OHC/Baleno in good condition for just rs.4 lakh.

Also as its a '07 model it will have all the goodies like Auto' Climate Control, Kenwood Mp3/WMA/FM with remote, larger dia' alloys (11 spoke-aura) and better tyres as compared to proxima's '05 model which had optional CD player,smaller rims with smaller tyres, and no ACC.

Anyways, my point is do give it a look atleast, and also let us know about it, and negotiate with the guy, even if it lands up at 3.75 lakhs it will b a terrific deal and you may add alloys/tyres without really crossing your budget.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 18th April 2009 at 02:35.
Old 18th April 2009, 17:47   #85
BHPian

I have inspected the vehicle. Its in good condition well maintained. It has a dent to back door (caused while parking). Insurance was renewed 2 weeks back. Its on updated suzuki alloys. Car is run 25k.

He is selling the car because of genuine health problem (had surgery recently).

So here is the deal.

4.1L and he will do everything - transferring the ownership and also insurance to my name. One thorough service and dent removal.

I am very much inclined in buying. Anything else I should be looking or inquiring?

Any suggestions from baleno owners?

Last edited by cherishk : 18th April 2009 at 17:57.
Old 20th April 2009, 01:27   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have inspected the vehicle. Its in good condition well maintained. It has a dent to back door (caused while parking). Insurance was renewed 2 weeks back. Its on updated suzuki alloys. Car is run 25k.

He is selling the car because of genuine health problem (had surgery recently).

So here is the deal.

4.1L and he will do everything - transferring the ownership and also insurance to my name. One thorough service and dent removal.

I am very much inclined in buying. Anything else I should be looking or inquiring?

Any suggestions from baleno owners?
Check the service records, and if they are not available go to the MASS where it has been serviced. I guess it must have had completed 4 services, also check if their is some minor defect in headlights/bumper/bumper bracket and if that cen be easily repaired or not. Also, check if the Power Antenna is functioning smoothly or not as it tends to 'jam' as it gets older and it costs almost 3.5-4k to replace.

Regards.
Old 20th April 2009, 10:18   #87
BHPian

Service records are available and recently the insurance has been renewed. So from that perspective everything is there.

I have decided to go ahead with the deal. Reason: not many baleno's available for sale and this car being relatively new and well maintained.

Thanks for the inputs all the time. Will bug you after the car comes.
Old 20th April 2009, 16:08   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Service records are available and recently the insurance has been renewed. So from that perspective everything is there.

I have decided to go ahead with the deal. Reason: not many baleno's available for sale and this car being relatively new and well maintained.

Regret not noticing this thread earlier, look at New Cars, Used Cars, Buy Cars, Sell Cars, New Car Prices, Used Car Prices - CarWale.com, they seem to have a bunch of Baleno's listed...
Old 21st April 2009, 04:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats for the deal then. I hope that you have made all the checks we all have been talking about in this thread and that you have ensured that the car's condition really justifies the price tag. From the info you have been providing, it sure looks good and I sincerely hope that it does turn out to be a rocking ride. Ofcourse, awaiting the pics of the car, please post them ASAP.

Regards.
Old 21st April 2009, 09:20   #90
BHPian

Cherishk, you can not go wrong with Baleno. I have bought Mar2006 baleno in July last year and since then I have driven it for 5000Kms. It is giving me good mileage and AC is a chiller. One question that I have for Baleno owners is that past 2000 Rpm car seems to get some kind of push, I know it is not having any turbo then what is the reason for push or it is all in my mind only :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed