Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 08:23   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
however, i somehow feel my mHawk is a bit of softie compared to the older CRDe & non-CRDe. ....
...is the scorpion losing its sting?
Old 22nd June 2009, 09:53   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
i am not too sure. i agree, my VLX has been subjected to quite some rough treatment. this has resulted in the cabin becoming slightly noisy on rough roads. door squeaking & some rattling noise from the boot (i think its the jack!) are main issues. and this thing irritates me. i like a very silent cabin with absolutely no noise/squeaking/rattling from anywhere. even my older scorpios were subjected to same or even worse treatment but they never complained.
Old 22nd June 2009, 21:12   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ anjan: careful buddy, only 3 smileys are permitted!

about the bumpers, dont you worry. my driver accidently banged a stationary Wagon R from behind, in my non-crde scorpio. collision speed maybe 30-40 kmph (we were at 90 kmph when he braked). the maruti suffered from a broken bumper, bent boot door which was not closing & broken tail lights. the mahindra's bumper just had a scratch & the right side went down by say 2cm. this happened 2-3 years back. the A.S.S said the bumper is fine, just pushed it up & tightened it. it still stands there proudly. everything is built tough.

however, i somehow feel my mHawk is a bit of softie compared to the older CRDe & non-CRDe. hope this is not the case with every scorpio!
Thanks Raj for the consolation. I saw a white, new Scorpio Refresh SLX with a dented front bumper (driver's side) yesterday. That triggered me to put up the bumper post.

Quote:
No Anup the Scorpio will live on with its sting come what may. We debate our insecurities and the worst possibilities here, but enjoy the best drives on our brute SUV's. Nothing to beat it!

Quote:
i am not too sure. i agree, my VLX has been subjected to quite some rough treatment. this has resulted in the cabin becoming slightly noisy on rough roads. door squeaking & some rattling noise from the boot (i think its the jack!) are main issues. and this thing irritates me. i like a very silent cabin with absolutely no noise/squeaking/rattling from anywhere. even my older scorpios were subjected to same or even worse treatment but they never complained.
Thats some information Raj.
Some more pictures of my Scorpio:
The brand new one in April. The black shade on the bumper looks too good!
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03757.jpg
Pictures clicked today-the same bumpers (not jeans) are fading
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04026.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04029.jpg
While driving saw this Scorpio VLX (mHawk) with alloys. The hub cap covers on the alloys (aftermarket fitment) protrude and resemble perhaps a bullock cart's wheel!
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04030.jpg
Old 22nd June 2009, 23:38   #274
Senior - BHPian

Hi anjan,

Firstly, when delivering the vehicle, these showroom people apply some kind of polish to the bumpers, that is the reason they look glossy. after the polish wears off, the bumpers come back to its original colour. even today, if you apply that kind of polish, the bumpers will look glossy like on the first day.

secondly, the hub caps on the VLX you saw are not aftermarket. older scorpio mHawks had these type of protruding cups. when many customers complained that they are prone to breaking, mahindra introduced the new wheels without the protruding cups. mine has the protruding ones, which i love.
have a look-
Attached Thumbnails
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-25082008042.jpg  

Old 23rd June 2009, 11:31   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi anjan,

secondly, the hub caps on the VLX you saw are not aftermarket. older scorpio mHawks had these type of protruding cups. when many customers complained that they are prone to breaking, mahindra introduced the new wheels without the protruding cups. mine has the protruding ones, which i love.
have a look-
Yup, these look also quite odd, coming out of the body of the car. I guess it was mentioned by one of the BHPian here that one needs to be careful of bikers coming close with these protruding cups
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:14   #276
Senior - BHPian

hi tanwaramit, it does not protrude that much, that a biker will hit it. yes, you have to be a bit careful when parking very close to dividers or footpaths.
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:25   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi anjan,

Firstly, when delivering the vehicle, these showroom people apply some kind of polish to the bumpers, that is the reason they look glossy. after the polish wears off, the bumpers come back to its original colour. even today, if you apply that kind of polish, the bumpers will look glossy like on the first day.
have a look-
Thanks Raj. I will try the black polish if its available in themarket for the plastics. True its OE -those hubcaps for the pre-Refresh Scorpios VLX. But these look odd. Yours too has these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Yup, these look also quite odd, coming out of the body of the car. I guess it was mentioned by one of the BHPian here that one needs to be careful of bikers coming close with these protruding cups
True look a bit odd.
Quote:
hi tanwaramit, it does not protrude that much, that a biker will hit it. yes, you have to be a bit careful when parking very close to dividers or footpaths.
Looks-wise and design-wise the protrusion is a bit more, but actually it may be about 5 to 6 cms plus from the usual body width. Even the OE wheel covers that I fitted, protrude from the wheels.
Old 24th June 2009, 01:38   #278
BHPian

@ Anjan -

Late entry here Sorry! - Congrats on the buy! Love the new Scorpio! More so coz now it is a VFM product post price reduction and Mhwak on LX.

BTW - wanted to know what is the FE that you are getting in City?
Old 24th June 2009, 20:28   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
@ Anjan -

Late entry here Sorry! - Congrats on the buy! Love the new Scorpio! More so coz now it is a VFM product post price reduction and Mhwak on LX.

BTW - wanted to know what is the FE that you are getting in City?
Thanks Anand, sure despite all the jokes and comments apart (all the cranky stuff from me here in this and another five star thread on the Scorp ) the beast is a marvellous SUV. Its VFM quotient is unparalleled.The more I use her (OR HIM) the more I am in love.
The FE is around 10 kmpl as of now with liberal 5th gear usage from time to time.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 24th June 2009 at 20:31.
Old 24th June 2009, 20:41   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
The FE is around 10 kmpl as of now with liberal 5th gear usage from time to time.
Two facts make it amply clear that your city has no traffic! Are you in a city at all, LOL?!
1) 10 kmpl in city!!
2) Liberal fifth gear usage!
Old 24th June 2009, 20:47   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Two facts make it amply clear that your city has no traffic! Are you in a city at all, LOL?!
1) 10 kmpl in city!!
2) Liberal fifth gear usage!
Anup, I take the SUV to less crowded areas, well within the city.And the roads are much better than in many other cities.The way to my office has just two traffic signals and lots of less crowded wide roads.And time and again I hit the highways during weekends.After all, its no less than a truck. And highways are meant for trucks!
For congested areas within the city my Maruti 800 is unbeatable.
Old 24th June 2009, 20:53   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
For congested areas within the city my Maruti 800 is unbeatable.
I agree!
My WagonR has clocked 14 K kms in two years while the Scorpio is still waiting to touch 21 K kms at nearly three years of age!
Old 24th June 2009, 21:18   #283
Senior - BHPian

LOL... i have never got more than 9.6 kmpl in my scorpio in city with 100% AC, but my city means city! traffic jams & signals & average speed of maybe 25 kmph. we have no small car in our family.
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:20   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Anything around 9.5 to 10 kmpl is OK and with these figures the hefty beast weighing 1800 Kg can be easily acquitted. I expect my beast's fuel consumption to get a bit frugal since I am not using the AC these days. Only when it pours cats and dogs (the cat and dog rains are back after a long hiatus!!) my SUV's AC is on duty.
Old 2nd July 2009, 20:35   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah, I get about 10 kmpl on a full tank...something like a 100k's for every 1/4th of the tank...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks