Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2009, 16:57   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Plastics look clean and perfect. Good job!
Is yours an M2DI? or mHawk powered?

I saw the M2DI version yesterday in the showroom, its Bolero Engine in Scorpio Body. Till last week it came with the older bumpers, and now it has been changed to Mighty muscular. :-). So I hope no more older Scorpios with old design, which many liked here.
Thanks agbenny for the appreciation. Mine is powered by MHawk.I guess it was the first lot here of Refreshed MHawks that came as the lowest LX model. Or else would have had to go for the SLE as I wanted a Mhawk and nothing else.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03752.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Just came across your ownership thread lovely writeup and details.
This is the best color in scorpio and I guess easier to maintain then black or white.

About the protective disk bending issue , Were the wheel nuts little loose or unequally fastened at any point by any chance ? That may cause some weight to be shifted to the outer disk. This protective disk never comes in contact with any surface so should not bend otherwise even if you drive on bumps or on off road track.

I guess it was good you detected this in time else shear forces may break the bolt causing serious damage.

About plastics what did you use 3M dashboard polish ?
Thanks amit for the appreciation. Also its soothing that you too like the colour as the best.As far as the disc is concerned the tightening was from the factory and while opening the wheel I could not find any nuts less tightened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
amitk, thats what he already said in his post, its 3M plastic and vinyl polish.
Anjan, cool pictures and good to hear you are enjoying your ride on her.Bumpers look back to shine after that polish.
Thanks vijay yes BSNL talks about 3G and I talk about 3M now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Okay, brand name, thats good, can you share the pic of the cleaner too ?
I guess this is one product only "3M plastic and vinyl polish and preservative"
Ok amit will post a picture.The 3M polish is not so difficult to apply.Simply rub it on the surface with the foam piece provided and then just rub with a soft cloth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
nice to see the shine back on your scorpio anjan.
Thanks Raj
Old 20th August 2009, 17:47   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post

Ok amit will post a picture.The 3M polish is not so difficult to apply.Simply rub it on the surface with the foam piece provided and then just rub with a soft cloth.

Thanks Raj
Anjan,
Waiting for your pic of the 3M polish. I really want to buy one for long but dont want to buy a wrong one.
Old 30th August 2009, 17:12   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Anjan,
Waiting for your pic of the 3M polish. I really want to buy one for long but dont want to buy a wrong one.
f1fan : The 3M here with the sponge they've provided! sorry for that picture quality!
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04254.jpg
The SUV is due for it First Free Service next week and hence will keep the post alive with the dealer's role. There is no problem that way which has to be rectified or anything of that sort but its just a courtesy call to the dealer's just like a new "bahu" visits her own parents for the first time soon after the marriage!
Old 30th August 2009, 19:27   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
f1fan : The 3M here with the sponge they've provided! sorry for that picture quality!

or anything of that sort but its just a courtesy call to the dealer's just like a new "bahu" visits her own parents for the first time soon after the marriage!

what happened to the camera ? shaking a lot ? anyway, thanks for the pic, what is that written about FREE on the bottle ?

How many kms done on your dulhaniya ?
Old 30th August 2009, 19:42   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The SUV is due for it First Free Service next week and hence will keep the post alive with the dealer's role. There is no problem that way which has to be rectified or anything of that sort but its just a courtesy call to the dealer's just like a new "bahu" visits her own parents for the first time soon after the marriage!
best of luck buddy!

Quote:
what happened to the camera ? shaking a lot ? anyway, thanks for the pic, what is that written about FREE on the bottle ?

maybe the sponge.
Old 30th August 2009, 22:45   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Amit the picture was shaky- I was in a hurry. Should have clicked 2/3 images.As Raj says the sponge pictured alongside is free.The SUV has done around 1200 kms- not much running with it.

Quote:
best of luck buddy!
maybe the sponge.
Thanks Raj.Yes the answer rightfully is the sponge.
Old 3rd September 2009, 20:35   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

So my dear Brute SUV has had its First Free Service at the local Mahindra A.S.S.. I was in touch with the service representative since the past few days and he had assured me that the SUV will be serviced by 12.30 pm if I hand it over to them by 9.30 am ( i.e. within three hours).But I would have to inform him a day in advance.
Today is a festival day- Ganesh Immersion day (Anant Chaturdashi) here and despite some workers being on leave I had called the service representative yesterday. He had assured me that the three hour delivery schedule is committed!
So after all the hassles of day to day and office life, I decided to take a day off today and stay put wiith my Brute SUV all through its service schedule (Red Liner Thanks - coz you said never leave the SUV alone and stick to it all through). I did it!
The problems listed were (1) two minor 1.5 cm scratches on the front right fender - a PDI recorded untoward feature.
(2) the fuel guage showing excess of 20-25 litres of diesel.
(3) routine checks of all nuts and bolts-most of them are jumbo sized but smaller than that of a rail engine's.
(4) change of oil viz. engine, gear and differential
(5) air checking of the stepney, as that has eluded me since day one. The stepney is quite secretly mounted (KGB style???) and has to be dismantled for an air check.
(6) fitting fog lamps of the REFRESHED Scorpio (new shape) on the front bumpers.
I handed over my prized possession for the job and was seated at the customer lounge, which has a huge window for surveillance by the owner's of the Mahindra's undergoing servicing in the workshop down below.
The customer lounge is quite well equipped with a FS TV, DVD/VCD player, AC , good sofas but is not quite well maintained. It lacks cleanliness.I viewed "Lage Raho Munnabhai" for the 2nd time and there's no doubt that this film will turn out to be a real classic decades later - can view it n number of times.
Now for the service instructions given by me:
The points listed in sl nos (3), (4) and (5) were done up. Coming to sl.No., (1) buffing made them outwit one scratch and as the other one was deep they just could'nt do it ( as opposed to JUST DO IT)- procrastinated and kept it for the next time, when I should get the bumpers, grille, number plate light and door handles body coloured. The sl.no. (2) listed problem was a figment of my deep imagination and they said to my utter joy that the diesel tank indeed has that much fuel! About a tankful ! And in these days of rising fuel prices thats a bonus ! 20 to 25 litres extra in your tank! Guess the Middle East is only too happy with you and your Brute SUV. Bless them all!
And the fog lamps- they still remain an illusion for me as very few of these come along to the A.S.S.They have the old rounded Scorpio lamps but not the Refreshed trapezoidal (or what other shape?) ones. I have been wanting to get these fitted since the past four months.
Lastly, I was only too happy with the dealer otherwise, as I was charged only for the oils (Mahindra Maximile from IOC) viz.engine, gear and differential and the oil filter, all costing some Rs 2048 (incl VAT).No other added problems for fleecing of my pocket were visible on any count by the dealer.The SUV was delivered by 1.30 pm - nearly an hour late, but thats no irritant for me.At least I could sit through and get the thing done- "Lage Raho Anjan Bhai"!
And M&M have handed over a questionnaire to me, to tell them about my satisfaction level with the 1st service. I have listed the points telling them about the waiting lounge and the fog lamps to "Refreshen" the folks at the Mahindra Towers, Worli, Mumbai.
Only one SUV owner was sighted at the waiting lounge alongwith me, but the rest were chauffeurs - some 7 or 8 of them.
Reminded of the older Tata (Telco) showrooms where truck drivers used to spend time and so Tata Motors sliced away the truck dealerships from their car dealerships in 1999/2000, when the Indica came along. Even the 207 DI (Tatamobile is gone to the truck dealership).
My dear, gleaming Brute SUV after the service
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04258.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04259.jpg
Name:  DSC04260.JPG
Views: 6621
Size:  134.0 KB
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04261.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04262.jpg
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04263.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 3rd September 2009 at 20:50.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:43   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Anjan,
You could try painting your wheels matt black, that way the wheel caps will stand out more prominently giving them an alloy-ish look.

Neat looking truck anyways!!
Old 4th September 2009, 09:01   #339
Senior - BHPian

hi anjan, good to see your SUV gleaming. you must be a happy man.
i agree to what dry ice said.
Old 4th September 2009, 19:45   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Hi Anjan,
You could try painting your wheels matt black, that way the wheel caps will stand out more prominently giving them an alloy-ish look.

Neat looking truck anyways!!
Thanks Dry Ice for the suggestion - I am always a bit swayed towards the originality and hence the silver painted wheel discs continue. But let me see if I can ever change my mind.

Quote:
hi anjan, good to see your SUV gleaming. you must be a happy man.
i agree to what dry ice said.
Thanks Raj and hope your Scorpio is also always giving you the smiles.
Old 5th September 2009, 14:19   #341
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anjan, the beast looks just like it was on day 1 of the delivery, sparking clean.

How is the drive post service ? Mileage check kiya ?
Old 5th September 2009, 16:33   #342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But let me see if I can ever change my mind.
Heres something to get you started
Attached Thumbnails
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04260-copy.jpg  

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04261-copy.jpg  

Old 5th September 2009, 22:43   #343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Heres something to get you started
Great photoshop job done Dry Ice. Loved that look- lets see if I really get it done.

Quote:
Hi Anjan, the beast looks just like it was on day 1 of the delivery, sparking clean.

How is the drive post service ? Mileage check kiya ?
Amit thanks a lot! The mileage is quite fine- feel its touching the 11.5 or 12 kmpl mark without the AC on these days as the weather is quite fine and there's less dust which makes me switch off the AC.Its mostly one/two or three passengers who travel on the Brute SUV.
Old 8th September 2009, 11:57   #344

Hello Scorpio'ns(Not the zodiac..lol)

Hi anjan and All Scorpio'ns,

Good morning, Im joseph from chennai city, This is my second post on the forum after the "Introduce yourself" forum post, I directly came here to this thread because I have just 'blocked' the scorpio LX black in India Garage showroom-Mount road without any payment as one of the friend works there and also this thread has all the answers for my questions I had initially about new Scorpio and its features..All you guys are really active in this thread.So I choose this thread as a starter..Pls forgive me anjan..

Once I actually book the vehicle and pay the down payment I shall start a new thread, Friends I wanted to become a part of scorpio family from today..I hope you guys will help me on my questions regarding modifying my vehicle once its arrived..Im so addicted to it, you know nowadays im not even doing my job and simply gaining knowledge from the forums about cars..I had previously owned a second hand Tata Sumo SE 99 model bought for 2.5 lacs in 2005 which had clocked 70k that time and sold it after running 3 lac kms for 2 lac price (nice deal right ).It was actually driven for Own board travels purpose (mostly touring in hills) in Southern most part of tamilnadu(theni - kodaikanal).

Anyways thts past..coming to our scorpio Just like anjan i also booked Dzire vdi first and then cancelled it after seeing the new scorpio LX mhawk features and the Power.My family has more than 6 people so scorpio should fit right in..

Few Questions for you guys:

1) The LX version with 9 seater (rear bench model) has good legroom in middle and rear seats? (i.e) Can people sit without much cramping? I know it wont be like 7 seater but Can it be somewhat comfortable?

2)How much does the bull bar, wheel cups and alloys cost? we can get it from mahindra showroom itself right?

3) About ICE, Can a 12" subwoofer be placed in rear set without affecting much legroom? I once saw a sony xplod subwoofer in raj_5004 scorpio, Im sure raj is around, Was tht 12" raj?

4)Is cladding very necessary? If so how much it will cost and is it worth going for aftermarket cladding from dealer?

Btw anjan your brute Scorpio Rocks after the wheel cups!!! just like Dry_ice said the SUV looks gr8 only with wheel cups visible..

@Mods, Sorry if my posting is wrong as a starter, Its just that im too much familiar with this thread i adjoined here to become friends with fellow scorpio'ns..thankyou.
Old 8th September 2009, 18:35   #345
Senior - BHPian

congratulations in advance joseph. here are your answers:

Quote:
1) The LX version with 9 seater (rear bench model) has good legroom in middle and rear seats? (i.e) Can people sit without much cramping? I know it wont be like 7 seater but Can it be somewhat comfortable?
It is comfortable, not as comfortable as an innova, but more space than a Dzire!

Quote:
2)How much does the bull bar, wheel cups and alloys cost? we can get it from mahindra showroom itself right?
if you opt for steel ones, you can get one for around 4000-8000, depending on brand & style. if you go for the stylish ones (which are frankly just cosmetic & dont serve the purpose) like myself & wolfheart has, it will cost around 10,000 to 14,000.

DO NOT opt for any guards from the dealer as they will fleece you! the same guard will be available outside at half the price.

Quote:
3) About ICE, Can a 12" subwoofer be placed in rear set without affecting much legroom? I once saw a sony xplod subwoofer in raj_5004 scorpio, Im sure raj is around, Was tht 12" raj?
yes, mine was a 12" subwoofer. the box sits between the jump seats. but then only 2 adults can sit in the boot with the woofer.

one more thing, please avoid sony speakers & subwoofers. i am saying this from my own experience- they are pathetic.

regarding ICE, dont hurry up, post a thread in the ICE section, you will be helped a lot.

Quote:
4)Is cladding very necessary? If so how much it will cost and is it worth going for aftermarket cladding from dealer?
i feel cladding really gives an upmarket feel to the car. if at all, you plan to install one, get it installed at the dealer itself.

Quote:
Btw anjan your brute Scorpio Rocks after the wheel cups!!! just like Dry_ice said the SUV looks gr8 only with wheel cups visible..
any plans for alloys buddy?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks