Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2010, 22:20   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Amit: The Big S is sparingly used by me. Actually, I visualise the width of the road where I have to go. If its very narrow and crowded the Activa/ RX 100 go, or if a bit less narrow its the 800, then for weekends its the Landmaster.And the widest roads and longest distances are meant for the Big S.
Will surely post travelogues.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:18   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the Brute SUV serviced today. It was the third and final Free Service from the company.I had landed at the M.A.S.S.(M/s Unnati Motors) at 9.30 A.M. sharp as the service department guy had told me on 2/5/2010 that since its the third service its only a wash and check-up and that the SUV will be delivered in 2 hours flat.But upon reaching there they told me it would take some 5/6 hours as they had some backlog.I was non-plussed. I had gone to wait at the lounge and take the SUV by 11.30 a.m. or latest 12.00 pm but no way.This is the way the A.S.S. people manage things!
I returned to the city (the dealer is located about 11 kms from away in the city's outskirts) and attended work. Then again went back to the A.S.S. at 5.30 pm and took delivery. The problematic brake light that was staying on forever and ever unless the brake pedal was pressed about 4/5 times was fixed- no more problems. And the fog light is now activated with the switch fitted to the dash.
The total cost came to Rs 17 (for a clip) plus Rs 382 for the fog lamp switch.
After the Third Free Service

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05275.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05276.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05280.jpg
The Big S pictures with the fog lights on is dedicated to tanwaramit, a fellow member as a small gesture, who suggested that I click pictures with the fog lights on at dusk. The delivery was during dusk so I had to make no efforts.

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc05279.jpg

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 4th May 2010 at 21:22.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:29   #483
Senior - BHPian

glad to know that FINALLY the fog lamps are working! congrats!!!

i see that the fog lights can be switched on even with the headlight off, thats not the case with the VLX or for that matter, any car.
Old 5th May 2010, 09:47   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

i see that the fog lights can be switched on even with the headlight off, thats not the case with the VLX or for that matter, any car.
Something wrong with your car dude....
Old 5th May 2010, 09:52   #485
Senior - BHPian

No buddy, thats the way it works in every car from the scorpio to the innova to the safari to even the merc!

you cannot switch on the fogs with the headlight off. atleast the small pilot lights/city lights should be on. even with the fog light switch ON, as soon as you switch off your headlights, the fog lights switch off.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:24   #486
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anjan, thanks for remembering about the request of pictures in dark
cool, so the fog light wait finally ends with the third service.

I guess you had got them during your second service.

Now waiting for the fog to see it showing its effect.
Old 5th May 2010, 13:18   #487
Senior - BHPian

Anjan,

Nice pics and write up too. you should now push your Odo a lil bit more!
Old 5th May 2010, 13:52   #488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No buddy, thats the way it works in every car from the scorpio to the innova to the safari to even the merc!

you cannot switch on the fogs with the headlight off. atleast the small pilot lights/city lights should be on. even with the fog light switch ON, as soon as you switch off your headlights, the fog lights switch off.
Raj, these are three separate things.

Step 1: Parking lights which includes the Pilot lights and nothing else

Step 2: Fog lamps (which will come on including the parking lights)

Step 3: Head lights (which can be operated without the FOG lamps but will need the parking lights to be on).

So it is always a combination of 1 with 2 OR 3.

Are we on the same page before we move on?
Old 5th May 2010, 16:30   #489
Senior - BHPian

LOL, yes we are!

problem is i dint use the word 'parking lights' as many people often mistake it for the 'hazard lights'!

So, in this case, the fog lights will come on only if the parking lights are On.
Old 6th May 2010, 19:23   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Raj.The fog lights are not interlinked with any other lights here but even get turned off when the ignition is switched off, along with the headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hey Anjan, thanks for remembering about the request of pictures in dark.
cool, so the fog light wait finally ends with the third service.

I guess you had got them during your second service.

Now waiting for the fog to see it showing its effect.
Thanks Amit yes these were fitted on 21/01/10 during the Second Free Service but activated only now.About the fog, I had a hearty laugh as its 45 degrees Celsius here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Anjan,

Nice pics and write up too. you should now push your Odo a lil bit more!
Thanks getsurya! Lets see how far the odo goes!
Old 24th May 2010, 20:29   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Last week there were some mild showers here at Nagpur, when we had faced temperatures of upto 46 degrees Celsius.So while commuting on my Big S, it was natural that the drizzle and the wet roads would make it dirty. The tiny droplets of rains which are unseasonal come with lots of appended dust - can't say if it was acidic as I did not have a pH meter for testing!
Now these dirty droplets from the drizzle and the road splashed water go hand in hand to make any automobile dirty.Its always the best to give the painted surface a wash when the automobile is wet.Allowing these dirty things to dry on the painted surface is like giving them a green card to settle down (but illegally).Any amount of home washing with these dried layers is futile.And the Jopashu Duster can be rested (RIP) during the monsoons.
The Big S being in constant use and me being busy, it was Sunday for the cleaning job.And my God! The weather was too sultry, when I landed at the garage for the chore. Believe me, it was the mother of all sweat baths I had during the past three years, while trying to wash off the dirt from the painted surface.
The only Question that again and again came into my mind was:
Q. How much effort is needed to bathe a Big S?
Ans. The same effort thats needed to bathe an elephant.But the elephant also does some self help. The Big S is fully dependent on you. Lastly, both enjoy the bath.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 24th May 2010 at 20:32.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:52   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Last week there were some mild showers here at Nagpur, when we had faced temperatures of upto 46 degrees Celsius.So while commuting on my Big S, it was natural that the drizzle and the wet roads would make it dirty. The tiny droplets of rains which are unseasonal come with lots of appended dust - can't say if it was acidic as I did not have a pH meter for testing!
Now these dirty droplets from the drizzle and the road splashed water go hand in hand to make any automobile dirty.Its always the best to give the painted surface a wash when the automobile is wet.Allowing these dirty things to dry on the painted surface is like giving them a green card to settle down (but illegally).Any amount of home washing with these dried layers is futile.And the Jopashu Duster can be rested (RIP) during the monsoons.
The Big S being in constant use and me being busy, it was Sunday for the cleaning job.And my God! The weather was too sultry, when I landed at the garage for the chore. Believe me, it was the mother of all sweat baths I had during the past three years, while trying to wash off the dirt from the painted surface.
The only Question that again and again came into my mind was:
Q. How much effort is needed to bathe a Big S?
Ans. The same effort thats needed to bathe an elephant.But the elephant also does some self help. The Big S is fully dependent on you. Lastly, both enjoy the bath.
I just got my SLE,this thursday,and as luck would have it,our servant\helper,ran away the very next day.
Now cleaning a Scorpio is a tough job,i have never stretched my muscles so much.
Btw your Scorp looks neat after painting the bumpers and all.
How many kms on Odo now?
Old 24th May 2010, 22:16   #493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I just got my SLE,this thursday,and as luck would have it,our servant\helper,ran away the very next day.
Now cleaning a Scorpio is a tough job,i have never stretched my muscles so much.
Btw your Scorp looks neat after painting the bumpers and all.
How many kms on Odo now?
Firstly congratulations Akshay for the new Scorpio SLE.Do post the details and pictures in a new post.
Cleaning the pachyderm !! Especially cleaning the roof top and reaching out there needs some mountaineering skills.
I too am sometimes blessed with the job when there's no one around for help.
Thanks for liking the neatness of my SUV.Its only done some 5000 kms plus on the odo.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:50   #494
Senior - BHPian

Anjan,

The specks created by raindrops on the normal day, can they be cleaned using Jopasu ?

I am talking about the dried specks, as if there were mild drops last evening and you want to clean it next day morning, how effective is Jopasu ?

I guess for the occurences as the ones mentioned by you, the Big S should be taken to the jet spray cleaners. Good for me, there are plenty of them within driving distance of my home.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:26   #495
BHPian

Hi
3 to 4 months waiting time for xylo is unusual. I had booked and got my car within 3 weeks. Having said that Scorpio is a fantastic choice. Congratulations
Cheers.

Most Viewed