Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2009, 21:28   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Desirable Accessories ?
Would like to have your suggestions for fitting desirable and practical accessories.The LX comes with almost no accessories.However the dealer who is not giving me any discountwhatsoever, has agreed to provide rubber matting costing Rs 1100=00.
Quote:
(1) fog lamps -the revamped Scorpio has triangular shaped fog lamps. Though the dealer has not yet received spare fog lamps. These cost about Rs 2200 for a pair.
totally necessary, otherwise the void in the bumper looks bad.

Quote:
(2) steering cover- leather which is quite soft to handle and gives a chic interior feeling.
i feel its unneccesary as the scorpio's steering wheel feels good to hold.

Quote:
(3) wheel caps- the dealer has original Mahindra wheelcaps.The aftermarket accessory shops sell the set of four for Rs 500-600. Is it advisable to go for the ones supplied by the dealer that cost maybe Rs 1000 plus? If they are of a better quality I will definitely go for them.
please go for the original ones from the dealer. i had a bad experience from the aftermarket ones. they tend to fade in 3 months and they fit so loosely that that they come out if you hit a big pothole!
1 suggestion: why dont you go for alloys?

Quote:
(4) sunfilm- researched the market.These are very essential in our climatic conditions.V kool is too costly @ Rs 12000 or so. Find the premium Garware costing Rs 1800 for the Scorpio to be OK.
i have garware classic in my scorpio, seems pretty decent for the price. but V-kool is a class apart.

Quote:
(5) A good ICE for which there is a thread here on teambhp, on which I am getting some very good suggestions.
ICE section!

Quote:
(6) seat covers- apart from the matting these are extremely essential. Will get a good aftermarket one fitted.
avoid leather if you can. they are not practical for our hot climates. if you still need leather, go for branded ones like G-sport or stanley. mind you, they are pretty expensive.

Quote:
(7) front windscreen sunfilm- is it desirable and VFM?
i have not tried in my car but i feel its more necessary in cars with heavily inclined windscreens like innova & city.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 9th April 2009 at 21:29.
Old 9th April 2009, 22:51   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
totally necessary, otherwise the void in the bumper looks bad.

i feel its unneccesary as the scorpio's steering wheel feels good to hold.

please go for the original ones from the dealer. i had a bad experience from the aftermarket ones. they tend to fade in 3 months and they fit so loosely that that they come out if you hit a big pothole!
1 suggestion: why dont you go for alloys?

i have garware classic in my scorpio, seems pretty decent for the price. but V-kool is a class apart.

ICE section!

avoid leather if you can. they are not practical for our hot climates. if you still need leather, go for branded ones like G-sport or stanley. mind you, they are pretty expensive.

i have not tried in my car but i feel its more necessary in cars with heavily inclined windscreens like innova & city.
Thanks Raj for your valuable suggestions. I will go for a synthetic fabric seat cover set. One accessory that you suggested earlier viz. the bull bar is on my wish list but I have not given it a serious thought till now.
Old 10th April 2009, 07:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thanks Raj for your valuable suggestions. I will go for a synthetic fabric seat cover set. One accessory that you suggested earlier viz. the bull bar is on my wish list but I have not given it a serious thought till now.
many may say that bull bars are of no use, they add to the weight, have negative effects on pedestrian safety & crumlpe zones, etc. they are absolutely right. but i just loved my scorpio more and more after the addition of the bull bar. of course, select a good bull bar which goes with the overall look of your scorpio. for instance, i feel chrome/steel bull bars dont look good in a white scorpio whereas it would look good in silver & black.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 10th April 2009 at 07:57.
Old 10th April 2009, 09:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

True, the bull bar give the Scorpio a real bullish look! Not a pretty sign in your RVM!
Old 10th April 2009, 22:57   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a thrilling call from the dealer today, saying that my SUV is moving out of the company in a day or two. It means that by sometime next week the new beast will be mine.As I had not test-driven the SUV while booking on 27th March, the demo car not being available, I had been repeatedly telling them to allow me to test drive one.Today, I told the salesman that maybe the test drives will be amply done when I become an owner next week.Courteous, very well behaved and polite the dealers men are, but these words from me pinched him (Should Skoda link up its marketing with Mahindra a la the Fiat-Tata alliance?).
To my surprise, late in the evening a factory fresh, Rocky Beige coloured Scorpio SLX came along with the salesman and a driver in tow. The music system was on and was blaring FM music, mainly Bollywood chartbusters.
Being dusk time and also being in a hurry to test drive the beast, I conveniently forgot the camera.But saw the lighted ignition key and the lighting for ingress and egress below the doors, when the beast was parked, which are invisible during daytime.
I started with my better half and small daughter. Engaging the first gear I drove off.The gear shift is a little imprecise and takes time to get used to.Due to the traffic conditions, i could only engage upto the fourth gear. What impressed me the most was the engine-its so very responsive and simply obeys commands with all due respects to the driver.Its so silent that one can mistake it for petrol. But not as silent as the 1.3 Fiat MJD, with which once you go to the filling station, maybe the occupants come to know that it has a diesel heart.
The SUV's cabin is very well insulated. Another impressive point was the suspension that gobbles up ups and downs and large potholes, sending very little or almost no rattling to the occupants. The brakes were quite hard being brand new. The steering and the controls simply pamper the driver. One does not feel that he is driving such a huge 1850Kg/120bhp beast. The steering is very precise and can be pinpointed to take commands.The doors take some effort (harder push) to open and close typical of the Mahindra range. Regret I could not take pictures! In the eerie silence within the cabin when my talkative daughter was enjoying the ride's thrill, the voice assist suddenly popped up with a lovely female voice saying something like "you're diesel has reached the reserve", which was for the dealers men to take care of.
I simply liked the MHawk engine and the mighty beast. Its worth every paisa that we invest in, after taking the buying decision.
Old 11th April 2009, 09:33   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Dont fret about the pictures anjan. Search for new mhawk refresh and you get my ownership report with pics. Free to share since a staunch safari owner took them.

After 400 kms in 2 days of ownership, i have to agree with every word in your post above! You are going to love your bison!
Old 11th April 2009, 14:06   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Dont fret about the pictures anjan. Search for new mhawk refresh and you get my ownership report with pics. Free to share since a staunch safari owner took them.

After 400 kms in 2 days of ownership, i have to agree with every word in your post above! You are going to love your bison!
Thanks Red Liner. Happy driving!
Old 12th April 2009, 23:23   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

The Scorpio variant that I test drove was the VLX M/T and not the SLX as wrongly mentioned in the test drive report.
Old 13th April 2009, 19:27   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

The mist silver Scorpio has arrived at the local dealer's. It has Bridgestone tyres (always preferred that vis a vis the JK Elanza. The salesman Sameer helped me get Bridgestones and its hats off to him! Will go to see the beast and post pictures.
But the saddest part is tomorrow is a bank holiday and I cannot get the delivery before Thursday hence. Will keep the posts coming here.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 13th April 2009 at 19:33.
Old 13th April 2009, 19:53   #85
BHPian

Hi Anjan,

Same problem here..the DD will not be made tomorrow. I will try to get the DD created by first half on Wednesday and take the delivery on the same day (fingers crossed). The car is still in transit and probably will reach Hyderabad by tonight at the dealers. Plan to do the PDI before I hand over the DD.
Old 13th April 2009, 22:51   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudipta View Post
Hi Anjan,

Same problem here..the DD will not be made tomorrow. I will try to get the DD created by first half on Wednesday and take the delivery on the same day (fingers crossed). The car is still in transit and probably will reach Hyderabad by tonight at the dealers. Plan to do the PDI before I hand over the DD.
congratulations sudipta! please post pictures and let us know about your new beast.
Old 14th April 2009, 08:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

@ anjan: the wait is killing, isnt it buddy! anyways, after the price reduction & facelift, i see a sudden increase in the demand of scorpios. atleast on T-BHP, we have 3 members who already bought one & 4 who are in the process of buying one.
Old 14th April 2009, 14:32   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ anjan: the wait is killing, isnt it buddy! anyways, after the price reduction & facelift, i see a sudden increase in the demand of scorpios. atleast on T-BHP, we have 3 members who already bought one & 4 who are in the process of buying one.
True raj buddy. The dealer was telling me that the VLX MHawk white colour (like yours) has a 3 month waiting list now.
I went to the dealer and took some pictures of my new SUV. Its was undergoing the PDI. The delivery is scheduled for tomorrow evening.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-053.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-055.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-056.jpg

Name:  sonycamv 057.jpg
Views: 6956
Size:  132.9 KB

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-058.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-059.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-060.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-062.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-sonycamv-063.jpg
Some five workers were fully busy as seen in the pictures in the PDI. The footboard is seen kept in a carton resting on the back seat. The antenna was detached and was sent along with.
Old 14th April 2009, 16:53   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks amazing. Man, I like these grey interiors better than the wood-beige thingy in mine.
Old 14th April 2009, 19:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

oh, the base LX looks good now with the new bumpers. infact the black grille is looking better because of the black bumpers, black surround headlights & the chrome logo stands out. the last pic is fab.
now please add the standard fog lamps too. also, throw those steel wheels & get some alloys!
frankly, i dint expect your car to look this good because of the absence of claddings & black bumpers, but its quite good. by the way, does it have a rear spoiler? if not, consider getting that fitted at the dealer itself, the one from the VLX.

lastly, did you note the odometer reading?

3 months waiting for the VLX!!! does this mean sudden increase in demand for the top-end scorpio or lesser numbers are manufactured by mahindra due to recession?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 14th April 2009 at 19:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks