Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2009, 21:01   #91
BHPian

Hi Anjan,

Congrats on your new car. It is really looking great. I am yet to get a confirmation on the arrival of the vehicle at the dealership.

@Raj: I know for sure that both the reason holds good. There is a surge in the bookings of Scorpio, specially the high end models. Also the Xylo is produced from the same production lines of Scorpio, and the bookings of Xylo are over the top. So I will not be astonished with a 3 month wait period.
Old 14th April 2009, 21:05   #92
BHPian

wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
oh, the base LX looks good now with the new bumpers. infact the black grille is looking better because of the black bumpers, black surround headlights & the chrome logo stands out. the last pic is fab.
I couldn't agree more!

Anjan, again my heartiest congratulations! I love the color and certainly damn glad that you did not settle for Dezire.

Cheers,
Jai
Old 14th April 2009, 23:25   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

thanks Red Liner, Raj, sudipta and nevertouchme for the nice words.
Venky, the seats are fully fabric whereas the tech specs says part vinyl and part fabric.
raj it has a spoiler as standard fitment with the stop lights. Fog lamps I am waiting for them and also learnt that M&M sell the woody finishes on the central console like the VLX. This was not available. The odo reading was not noted but low, as could be seen from the tyre base. i will note it tomorrow. They bring these by trucks now a days.
sudipta-your SUV may also be due for delivery very soon now.
nevertouchme-thanks again- the DZire is OK economical, reliable and has everything but again a frail car from MSIL.
Old 15th April 2009, 03:04   #94

Congrats Anjan...I am also planning to buy the silver sle soon and use it mainly in Ladakh. Is it possible for you post more pics? I think the colour looks very good.
Old 15th April 2009, 07:18   #95
Senior - BHPian

Anjan, congrats!
That car is looking smart.
Do keep her as near 'stock' as possible!
Old 15th April 2009, 07:47   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
True raj buddy. The dealer was telling me that the VLX MHawk white colour (like yours) has a 3 month waiting list now.
I went to the dealer and took some pictures of my new SUV. Its was undergoing the PDI. The delivery is scheduled for tomorrow evening.
Congrats for the new ride mate.I must say that colour along with the black bumpers and grille make it look much more aggressive than the previous versions and also than the body coloured ones.Also, I was a bit dissappointed when i saw Xylo inspired grille on the refreshed scorp,but your vehicle is really looking impressive and my view towards the grille has changed.Thats one really cool looking and butch ride.Also,the new front end makes the car look wider than it really is.Looks very much macho and handsome.Congrats again.Drive safe.

Regards.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:32   #97
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the arrival of beast.

Do take the beast where it is meant to be.
Old 15th April 2009, 10:53   #98
BHPian

Congrats Anjan Bhai! Good color choice....new Scorpio looks better in this color....are you going to ask your dealer for 2-3-3 seating configuration?

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 15th April 2009, 18:39   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks friends
unimog I will post many pictures by this weekend(Sat Sun). Hope you get your Scorpio as soon as possible.I feel SLE is best VFM with its ABS and other goodies.
anupmathur
yes anup sure will keep it as stock as possible.You are also a Scorpio owner and fan
YCBalenoCHD
Vow never had any inkling that the silver and black will be liked by a majority.Thanks again.
tanwaramit
sure will post pictures soon
deepgautam_ga
Its a 2 + 3 +4 (total 9) seater. The last row with three seats is only available from the SLE upwards. For me its two folded benches on either sides.But its nice that I got full fabric seats, whereas in the brochure they say its vinyl and fabric seats.And the fabric is of quite a good quality.
The only accessory that I have taken from the dealer is the original Mahindra plastic wheel caps of silver colour. It costs Rs 3250=00 whereas the non M&M ones cost Rs 1250=00 at the dealer. Outside, these cheaper ones cost Rs 500 to 600 for a set of four.
Old 15th April 2009, 19:00   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
deepgautam_ga [/b]Its a 2 + 3 +4 (total 9) seater. The last row with three seats is only available from the SLE upwards. For me its two folded benches on either sides.But its nice that I got full fabric seats, whereas in the brochure they say its vinyl and fabric seats.And the fabric is of quite a good quality.
How will you accommodate 4 people in a seating space for 2 in the last row?
Old 15th April 2009, 19:32   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Venky the last row has two folding benches like the Tata Sumos and not the usual SLE/VLX seats. It will rarely be used but 2+2 people can pack up. Meanwhile how are your drives in your new SUV? Hope you are enjoying it!! Happpy Drives !!!
Old 15th April 2009, 20:25   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
red liner, in the SLE & VLX, mahindra gives two side facing BUCKET seats as option. but in the LX, its bigger- side facing- benches, like in the sumo & qualis.
Old 15th April 2009, 22:59   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
red liner, in the SLE & VLX, mahindra gives two side facing BUCKET seats as option. but in the LX, its bigger- side facing- benches, like in the sumo & qualis.
which means lesser space in the middle row. it is the same in m2di
Old 15th April 2009, 23:22   #104
BHPian

Hi All,

Today was a mixed day for me. In the morning called up the dealer and wanted to visit their workshop where the PDI was taking place. I was so happy to see my ride and took quite a few pictures. Odo reading 5.9 km. There was no visible problem with the car and the company driver started infront of me for the showroom while I came back to office.

It was late when I finally arrived at the showroom to pickup the car. While going thru the TBHP checklist I found the left sky rack cap in the front side was loose. Actually so loose that it can come out while driving. It was so loose that couldn't make out how it was still there with 16 km travel from service center to showroom. I checked the Odo and it was only showing 21.9 km. I also recorded the engine and chasis number.

Then came the worst part. The person who was giving the demo tried starting the car and it was not firing. Then they opened the bonet and started pumping the manual diesel pump. The car finally started after lot of cranking but after 10 mins of shut down it again refused to start. Again the manual pumping started and we identified that diesel was leaking from one of the joints of the fuel pump. I refused to take delivery of the vehicle and didn't sign any document (though they have the full payment in DD and created all the relevant papers on their front). This is kind of surprising as this was not there while I checked in the workshop. I went to the extent in checking the engine and chasis number to ensure that it is the same car and so it was.

At the end, returned dejected and opened TBHP to seek any guidance on my situation.

Tomorrow is election day at Hyderabad so all is closed. The sales person told me that he will send the vehicle back to service center and get all the problems sorted out by Friday first half. Hopefully I will be able to get the delivery on Friday evening.

Given my above eperience, should I accept the same car if all is rectified or should I ask for another car?
Old 15th April 2009, 23:24   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Took the SUV to perform Puja today late in the evening. Some pictures and the last one showing my daughter with the glee and sense of achievement on her face.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03721.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03722.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03724.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03728.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03735.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03740.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03741.jpg

Most Viewed