Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 23:23   #166
Senior - BHPian

in our cars, the code is changed through the buttons in the glovebox. i wonder how they will do it in your car.
anyways, thanks for clearing that up anjan.
Old 2nd May 2009, 15:07   #167
Senior - BHPian

good inputs by all of you for knowing this monster better, but what i really am surprised to see is that neither the mahindra help line nor its dealers know that detailing about the car which should be known for the first case, waiting for anjan's feedback from his calls to company.
Old 2nd May 2009, 16:43   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Friends, the Scorpio does not have buttons below the glove box to the best of my knowledge. Neither does it have any LED on the dash, thats blinks when the SUV is locked as Raj had queried.
Anjan, the reason as I explained earlier is because your car doesn't have the remote/lock and alarm. The immobilizer code cannot be changed since it is programed into the microchip on the key.

The buttons as i mentioned earlier is to change the code for the remote and the red light as I mentioned earlier is when the alarm is armed and your car doesn't have the either the remote or the alarm.
Old 2nd May 2009, 17:14   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Anjan, the reason as I explained earlier is because your car doesn't have the remote/lock and alarm. The immobilizer code cannot be changed since it is programed into the microchip on the key.

The buttons as i mentioned earlier is to change the code for the remote and the red light as I mentioned earlier is when the alarm is armed and your car doesn't have the either the remote or the alarm.
Thanks 4X4 addict.I read the manual which says that the remote lock and immobiliser are totally independent devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
good inputs by all of you for knowing this monster better, but what i really am surprised to see is that neither the mahindra help line nor its dealers know that detailing about the car which should be known for the first case, waiting for anjan's feedback from his calls to company.
Yes vijay its confusion. I got two phone calls from the dealer who got emailed about my problem from the company helpline.The dealer thought that I am asking whether the immobiliser can be fitted as an accessory?They said it comes with the SUV and cannot be an accessory.I clarified that I was only querying as to whether the LX has an immobiliser or not with the company?They said that they will soon get back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
in our cars, the code is changed through the buttons in the glovebox. i wonder how they will do it in your car.
anyways, thanks for clearing that up anjan.
Raj I saw the place where the glove box lid ends on the body of the dash quite well today and could find some rounded black button kinda things.Am anyway waiting for feedback from M & M.
Old 10th May 2009, 14:04   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

My Scorpio pictures with the seat covers on-the steering cover is gone and the original steering rightfully has a better feel and grip without any steering cover.Meanwhile I am enjoying the drives on my new SUV. The turbo lag at 1200-1600 rpm asserts itself during city drives.
I was out for a few days and my brute SUV's MHawk engine started to growl with a single self start today.
Meanwhile I am still awaiting answers from M&M for the immobiliser. I will again call the helpline.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03995.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03996.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc03999.jpg
Old 10th May 2009, 15:05   #171
Senior - BHPian

A nice one there, Anjan!

Not sure, but how is the heat generated by the seats when you sit on them for a long time? I have a seat cover of similar material and it becomes a bit hot, after 3~4 hrs of continuous use.

But now the concern, with this light color, will be how the 'grease monkeys' at the service center will handle this! But then this is always a gamble.
Old 10th May 2009, 19:43   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
A nice one there, Anjan!

Not sure, but how is the heat generated by the seats when you sit on them for a long time? I have a seat cover of similar material and it becomes a bit hot, after 3~4 hrs of continuous use.

But now the concern, with this light color, will be how the 'grease monkeys' at the service center will handle this! But then this is always a gamble.
Thanks Happywheels. The seats do get a bit hot while on long drives especially during summers. With the powerful AC on the feel is a bit less. And I am too a bit scared of the grease monkeys!!!
Old 11th May 2009, 13:01   #173
Senior - BHPian

the seat color looks nice. you got it custom made ? have some steering cover, may be same color as original steering.
Old 11th May 2009, 15:46   #174
Senior - BHPian

[quote=anjan_c2007;1285575]

Yes vijay its confusion. I got two phone calls from the dealer who got emailed about my problem from the company helpline.The dealer thought that I am asking whether the immobiliser can be fitted as an accessory?They said it comes with the SUV and cannot be an accessory.I clarified that I was only querying as to whether the LX has an immobiliser or not with the company?They said that they will soon get back to me.

quote]

So its still waiting time, and neither the company nor dealer have an idea about its Lx model, isnt this pathetic and annoying, i mean this is where they need to pick up more in.
Good seat covers and thanks you took out that steering cover, looks better without it.Hope covers doesnt burn down in summers.
Old 11th May 2009, 19:19   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
the seat color looks nice. you got it custom made ? have some steering cover, may be same color as original steering.
Thanks Amit-the seat cover is readymade and not customised.The steering cover in a brwon and cream shade was looking a bit odd.Moreover it did'nt provide a better grip than the original so thought of retiring it.

[quote=vijaythacker;1297944]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post

quote]

So its still waiting time, and neither the company nor dealer have an idea about its Lx model, isnt this pathetic and annoying, i mean this is where they need to pick up more in.
Good seat covers and thanks you took out that steering cover, looks better without it.Hope covers doesnt burn down in summers.
Vijay, the good news is that today the dealer told me to get the SUV at the dealership to change the immobiliser code which is of four digits.In fact the immobiliser exists in the LX version too.
In fact I was out of station and hence did not bother either the dealer or the M&M helpline all these days.Thanks for your compliments about the seat cover.
Old 11th May 2009, 20:07   #176
Senior - BHPian

nice seat covers look different actually.
whats with that jopasu thingy in the back.
Old 11th May 2009, 20:10   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
nice seat covers look different actually.
whats with that jopasu thingy in the back.
Thanks Vinay.Jopasu is a car duster which helps me clean my SUV in 5 to 10 minutes.(not an advt as I am in no way connected with that brand)
Old 11th May 2009, 22:07   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Is this like a feather duster?
Old 12th May 2009, 06:40   #179
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

more like a sticky lint roller/ lint remover I d have thought..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Is this like a feather duster?
Old 12th May 2009, 10:04   #180
Senior - BHPian

Any details on Jopasu ? How do you clean using it ? 5-10 mins is a very quick to clean such a big vehicle. Does it help with dust too ? water required ?

On the steering cover, well yeah you are right the earlier color didnt blend with the car, hence was suggesting to try out grey color, it will suit the car + sweaty palms will be minimized.

Most Viewed