Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2009, 07:46   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
this is a good gesture from mahindra and one of the way to keep them happy,appreciatable.
Can't agree on this, I'm afraid!
Simply providing good service will work a LOT better!
These little freebies don't fool an owner who is basically fed up of poor and shoddy service at the ASCs!!
Old 26th July 2009, 11:35   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
M &M Marketing Centre, Worli, Mumbai pleasantly surprised me by sending a pen, key ring and a Top Gear card for the Scorpio today by courier. The key ring has the word SCORPIO inscribed on the leather appendage, but the metal ring chrome seems to be weathered and flakes of chrome are seen. Needless to say that I appreciate the spirit behind sending these goodies to customers painstakingly to their home addresses. Kudos M &M !
any reasons why this was sent?

and what is that top gear card? pardon my ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
These little freebies don't fool an owner who is basically fed up of poor and shoddy service at the ASCs!!
looks like you are really frustrated with the ASC of mahindra, judging from your posts in the other thread as well! but even i agree to you on this point.
Old 26th July 2009, 12:23   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
looks like you are really frustrated with the ASC of mahindra, judging from your posts in the other thread as well! but even i agree to you on this point.
And do note, Raj, that I have not had any 'issues' with my Scorpio!
Just the routine visits have managed to accomplish this!

I have not yet started pushing about the starting problem at high altitudes. Recently sent another reminder requesting that something needs to be done!
Just keeping the documentation in place, as it were.
The problem is that I am not yet clear about what, specifically, to demand.......
Old 26th July 2009, 17:47   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And do note, Raj, that I have not had any 'issues' with my Scorpio!
Just the routine visits have managed to accomplish this!

I have not yet started pushing about the starting problem at high altitudes. Recently sent another reminder requesting that something needs to be done!
Just keeping the documentation in place, as it were.
The problem is that I am not yet clear about what, specifically, to demand.......
well, even my experience is not much different than yours.

AC expansion valve changed after 3 visits on my 'brand new' mHawk.
door squeaking not solved even after 2 visits.
best of all, they charge for washing & cotton waste !!!
Old 27th July 2009, 19:28   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
this is a good gesture from mahindra and one of the way to keep them happy,appreciatable.
Thanks vijay lets hope M&M keeps up the after sales service too upto the buyer's satisfaction.

Quote:
Yes anup ASC's must be to the buyer's satisfaction.

Quote:
any reasons why this was sent?
and what is that top gear card? pardon my ignorance.
Raj I do not know the reason at all.The Top Gear card is for Scorpio owners I believe.It has a red Scorpio picture embossed.I am not sure what kind of points they'll give us?
Will there be negative points for criticising M&M and plus points for the praises showered on them?
But maybe they credit points on after sales purchases of accessories and spares from their showrooms.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 27th July 2009 at 19:31.
Old 29th July 2009, 20:32   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

The Scorpio is performing its duty quite well for me and driving it is a pleasure. The engine and gearbox have become acclimatised lately and are maturing from the earlier "hard to operate" new feeling.The horn button is and will remain hard perhaps.Becomes a pain to operate at times in crowded places. It has to be pressed hard for the "horny sound". I wonder how people with some signs of Parkinsons or pain on the hand or even some feeble paralysis may feel, while operating this horn.
Meanwhile I did some DIY bits on the SUV today. Suddenly on the evening of 27th July there was some screeching noise of metal emanating from the front right wheel. Wondered what it could be? Was also scared so did'nt use the SUV yesterday at all. Today early morning, I tried to take it out of the garage but again the same metallic noise as and when the wheel moved fore or aft.
I traced it to the disc of the brake on the wheel drum and heard it again and again to confirm.
I had to forego my early morning jog and excercises. Loosened the bolts, jacked up the 1800 Kg Golaith and opened the wheel. The disc came out fully exposed. Moved the disc round and round. Its a rear wheel drive and the front wheels are free just like that!
To my utter horror, I found the thin metal dish that protects the wheel drum towards the axle, a bit kinked and rubbing with the hard brake disc.I am still curious to know what caused the kink to happen?Thats a great mystery as neither I had driven on any hard terrain nor did I do anything to damage the metal.
With some cajoling with the help of a heavy duty plier, the metal disc 9not the brake disc but the one protecting the wheel drum) returned back to normal and the kink went away. The noise was gone.Actually the metal is quite thin, with a lesser guage and can bent just like that. Or else, how could some simple manouvres with a plier straighten it? Quite a revelation, I feel! Need more feedbacks.
And some points about the jack and the tool needed to operate it. The jack is telescopic and has a long rod to lengthen it or the vice versa. The wheel bolt spanner also called the Tony bar has a slotted hole which fits with the end of the long rod. This whole assembly is operated to lift up the SUV. Now again I was horrified with the sight of the point on the SUV's body where the jack has to be slotted. Thats just behind the front mudguard and is the nut/bolt of the body bolted with the ladder frame chassis.Below this nut/bolt the jack is slotted. I find it extremely risky if the ground is uneven, as the SUV can simply slip and fall, injuring the men at work. Really miss the old Ambassador/Landmaster/ Fiat rectangular slots on the underbody, that used to snugly fit the jack!
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04120.jpg
The wheel disc
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04123.jpg
The kink to the right of the disc brake
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04124.jpg
Dirt on the inner of the front bumper
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04125.jpg
Rust on the axle end
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04126.jpg
The telescopic jack
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04127.jpg
The risky jacking point on the underbody
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04128.jpg
Full view of the wheel drum assembly
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc04129.jpg
The inner of the front mudguard- The lower end is well protected with thickening plastic (of questionable quality??)

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 29th July 2009 at 20:41.
Old 29th July 2009, 21:32   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The horn button is and will remain hard perhaps.Becomes a pain to operate at times in crowded places. It has to be pressed hard for the "horny sound". I wonder how people with some signs of Parkinsons or pain on the hand or even some feeble paralysis may feel, while operating this horn.
strange! i thought this was history.

the horn button is very hard in my non-CRDe & CRDe but in the mHawk, it is very soft.

anyways anjan, on the harder ones- try pressing the centre of the steering wheel. the horn botton is softer there. i press the centre of the steering in my CRDe & the sides in my mHawk!
Old 30th July 2009, 22:36   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
strange! i thought this was history.

the horn button is very hard in my non-CRDe & CRDe but in the mHawk, it is very soft.

anyways anjan, on the harder ones- try pressing the centre of the steering wheel. the horn botton is softer there. i press the centre of the steering in my CRDe & the sides in my mHawk!
Thanks Raj for the suggestion. Thats practicable when the hands are free and there is enough time to blow the horn. Sometimes the hands are bound with the steering and the horn needs to be blown on an emergency basis . Thats when we rely on the horn button portion nearest to the steering periphery.This creates all the problems!
Old 31st July 2009, 16:57   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Raj for the suggestion. Thats practicable when the hands are free and there is enough time to blow the horn. Sometimes the hands are bound with the steering and the horn needs to be blown on an emergency basis . Thats when we rely on the horn button portion nearest to the steering periphery.This creates all the problems!
well usually i have seen the horns on the sides of the steering more easy to operate, this is unusual though.
Old 1st August 2009, 20:36   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
well usually i have seen the horns on the sides of the steering more easy to operate, this is unusual though.
True Vijay, the Japanese, Korean and European cars have feather touch horn buttons but Mahindra UV's and SUV's are yet to improve upon this feature. Maybe they think of starting to offer the feather touch horn buttons with higher variants because they offer everything at a premium.
Old 2nd August 2009, 14:29   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True Vijay, the Japanese, Korean and European cars have feather touch horn buttons but Mahindra UV's and SUV's are yet to improve upon this feature. Maybe they think of starting to offer the feather touch horn buttons with higher variants because they offer everything at a premium.
yeah seems though, but i havent seen this that hard on a safari i once was in, was preety ok not as butter as it should but not that hard too as you are saying for scorpio.
Old 2nd August 2009, 20:11   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah seems though, but i havent seen this that hard on a safari i once was in, was preety ok not as butter as it should but not that hard too as you are saying for scorpio.
i think its hard in the base variants. its pretty soft in my VLX.

else, it may be hard in the scorpio refresh.
Old 2nd August 2009, 20:49   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Open the window and scream at people. Works much better than a placid horn
Old 2nd August 2009, 20:58   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Open the window and scream at people. Works much better than a placid horn
Where are you man? People here are waiting for your report on Registration and 2nd service.

BTW I'm going you over take you on the KMs covered department soon. very soon
Old 2nd August 2009, 21:19   #315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Where are you man? People here are waiting for your report on Registration and 2nd service.

BTW I'm going you over take you on the KMs covered department soon. very soon
Hah! I just need to find some time to pen it down. Just wrapped 10k on the odo, so I guess its to the second service in a few days.

Driving with a group to put miles on the odo is cheating!

Most Viewed