Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2011, 01:08   #526
BHPian

Re: My New Refreshed Scorpio LX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Ray,

Does your Scorpio have Air Bags. Mine does, I am worried of damaging anything when removing the steering cover. I too find the Horn a royal pain. It has softened a little bit from before, but still too hard for my liking...
Tini,
Mine is a VLX , 4X4.Please dont try to remove the hub cover yourself.You have to lock the Airbag and remove it.I got it removed by ASC and took only the steering wheel to personally carry it to Ernakulam for putting the Leather cover.One look into the contact switch and you will understand what exactly to do.
Old 23rd January 2011, 01:18   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Thanks Ray for your suggestion. Shall try that out sometime.
I too am a DIY kind but try not do it with new cars/bikes. My DIY activities are with the older ones in my garage, as I have greater confidence and have been working on those POT's (Pretty Old Things) since long.
Anjan,
I was also worried about the warrenty. I did it when my car was just a week old.But I was determined to get rid of the horn switch stiffness.There is nothing great in those contact switches.There are two contact points inside.Contact points in the upper half is seperated from the bottom half contact points by the springs.When you press the horn switch you are actually compressing the springs and making the upper contact points totouch the lower ones and establishing the circuit .Careful not to loose the springs and more careful with the plastic snap latch from breaking.
Old 24th January 2011, 22:58   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Ray. That gives me some more courage to undertake the DIY job. I shall try that out and let you know the outcome.
Another irritant that I forgot to point out is the air checking of the stepney. Without its removal nothing of this kind can be done. I get it done whenever it goes to the MASC, but otherwise who dismantles the stepney for air checking? M&M have made the stepney more theft proof by adding this safety feature but has handicapped us when it comes to air checking.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:01   #529

Dear anjan..

I started a day back and finished reading your posts.Wow !!!!!
Thanks for the detailed write up and your Scorpio looks fabulous.

I was feared by my friends that scorpio without ABS is not advisable :( .Please let me know if ABS really makes a difference/its a must.

Whatever it is, i will let it go from my mind, I am boosted up and finally convinced to go for an LX m-hawk( my favorite ).As i like the beast without the side cladding and falls within my budget too. Hopefully It will happen in a months time.

My preferred color is same as yours and will be painting the bumpers as i had that in my wish lists.It looks classy !

Cheers !!
Old 8th February 2011, 22:43   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manoje View Post
Dear anjan..

I started a day back and finished reading your posts.Wow !!!!!
Thanks for the detailed write up and your Scorpio looks fabulous.

I was feared by my friends that scorpio without ABS is not advisable :( .Please let me know if ABS really makes a difference/its a must.

Whatever it is, i will let it go from my mind, I am boosted up and finally convinced to go for an LX m-hawk( my favorite ).As i like the beast without the side cladding and falls within my budget too. Hopefully It will happen in a months time.

My preferred color is same as yours and will be painting the bumpers as i had that in my wish lists.It looks classy !

Cheers !!
manoje Firstly thanks for your nice words about the thread. The LX is a very apt version where all the goodies needed are available. However till the very end my little daughter was all for the SLX/VLX as the test drive SUV (a VLX) had the voice assist which the little girl instantly fell in love with.The footboard lights and the ignition key slot illumination she still remembers as attractions. These features are not available in the LX. However the LX is very practical otherwise.
About ABS, it is anyday superior to the normal discs and drums.In April 2009 the ABS version had not come and later on in 2009 when it came, it was available in higher versions. I had also in a post here earlier told about M&M and other manufacturers asking buyers to pay a premium for higher versions to get the ABS. Actually ABS should be an option available in all versions/ variants. That way the company can earn much better as many would opt for LX with ABS in case of the Scorpio.
If your budget permits go for a version with ABS, as its much safer than these ordinary brakes.However do not go for the automatic version which is still known to have gremlins that have not been sorted out by M&M.
But contrarily, my one and a half year experience with this brute SUV tells me that there is nothing to beat safe and defensive driving.These ordinary brakes suffice with my style of driving.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 8th February 2011 at 22:46.
Old 9th February 2011, 13:31   #531

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions !
Old 15th February 2011, 12:23   #532

Hi anjan and all other fellow bhpians,

Having all your words in mind. i have opted for Scorpio SLE (white) and made my booking yesterday at susee mahindra, madurai.Will receive the keys in >= 40 days.

ooohoooo !! started experiencing the thrill of owning a beast.
Old 15th February 2011, 18:53   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi anjan and all other fellow bhpians,

Having all your words in mind. i have opted for Scorpio SLE (white) and made my booking yesterday at susee mahindra, madurai.Will receive the keys in >= 40 days.

ooohoooo !! started experiencing the thrill of owning a beast.
Quote:
Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions !
Congratulations manoje. You will also very soon become the proud owner of a new Scorpio. Wish you happy driving. Do start a new thread and post pictures and your experiences there as soon as the beast arrives.
Cheers!
Old 16th February 2011, 14:15   #534

Thanks Anjan.
Extremely happy to be a proud owner of the Scorpio.
Soon there will be a new thread.
Old 14th April 2011, 17:21   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

My Brute Scorpio was today serviced at the MASS. I reported at 9.30 am and was third as two other Scorpios had reached before mine.
This was a paid service, the 4th one. The three free services are over. There were no major problems of any kind and the only listed check-ups on the Work Order was a general check-up, the right rear power window switch not working and air pressure check for all the five wheels.
There was no fault reported during the general check-up.The PW switch was repaired. The air pressure check was very necessary.I get the four tyre pressures checked regularly but the fifth one (stepney ) is mounted such, that it needs to be dismantled to check its air pressure.
It took them about four hours to do the job and the spanking clean machine was handed over by 1.30 pm today.
My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc07162.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc07163.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc07164.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc07165.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc07166.jpg

My New Refreshed Scorpio LX-dsc07167.jpg
These pictures are taken in the MASS after the service. Two armoured, Anti Terrorist Squad SUV's are seen in the last picture.These are based on the top end manual version of the Scorpio.The dash is typical Scorpio and the body is customised.These had come for servicing. It is called as the Mahindra Marksman.
For more about the Marksman this link can be accessed:

Exclusive Mahindra Marksman Armoured Vehicle

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 14th April 2011 at 17:29.
Old 15th April 2011, 11:37   #536
Senior - BHPian

Anjan, vehicle looks good.

How many kms have you done till date ? Crossed 10k ?

What was the problem with the power window switch ? Did they replace it ? I guess it would be under warranty.
Old 15th April 2011, 13:36   #537
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Yes this is absolutely right.
If only M&M would shake themselves out of their self induced slumber it would be nice.

The LX, which is a highly functional no nonsense version of the Scorpio should also be offered with the options of 4WD, ABS, Airbags and all other safety kit. They should start treating the Indian consumer the same way they would, a consumer in a more mature market. It is simply intolerable that they dont seem to listen to consumer voices.

Yes I totally agree that it is better to drive peacefully in the Scorpio because it is extremely powerful and frankly its brakes and suspension are not all that they should be.

On highways it is better to drive at speeds between 90-110 for max safety and max fuel efficiency. It is not worth taking corners roughly or too fast or driving the vehicle at speeds greater than 120kms per hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
These features are not available in the LX. However the LX is very practical otherwise.
About ABS, it is anyday superior to the normal discs and drums.In April 2009 the ABS version had not come and later on in 2009 when it came, it was available in higher versions. I had also in a post here earlier told about M&M and other manufacturers asking buyers to pay a premium for higher versions to get the ABS. Actually ABS should be an option available in all versions/ variants. That way the company can earn much better as many would opt for LX with ABS in case of the Scorpio.
If your budget permits go for a version with ABS, as its much safer than these ordinary brakes.But contrarily, my one and a half year experience with this brute SUV tells me that there is nothing to beat safe and defensive driving.These ordinary brakes suffice with my style of driving.
Old 18th April 2011, 23:02   #538
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes this is absolutely right.
If only M&M would shake themselves out of their self induced slumber it would be nice.

The LX, which is a highly functional no nonsense version of the Scorpio should also be offered with the options of 4WD, ABS, Airbags and all other safety kit. They should start treating the Indian consumer the same way they would, a consumer in a more mature market. It is simply intolerable that they dont seem to listen to consumer voices.

Yes I totally agree that it is better to drive peacefully in the Scorpio because it is extremely powerful and frankly its brakes and suspension are not all that they should be.

On highways it is better to drive at speeds between 90-110 for max safety and max fuel efficiency. It is not worth taking corners roughly or too fast or driving the vehicle at speeds greater than 120kms per hour.
Thanks Shankar for your views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Anjan, vehicle looks good.

How many kms have you done till date ? Crossed 10k ?

What was the problem with the power window switch ? Did they replace it ? I guess it would be under warranty.
Amit thanks for your post. It is yet to touch the magic 5 figure kms mark-hopefully it will soon!
The PW switch was not responding to the activation.They did not change the motor but the door panel was opened and the PW mechanism was repaired.
Old 4th July 2011, 19:23   #539
Distinguished - BHPian

I was away for two weeks and am back at my hometown. The Scorpio was not used or started during this period.The last run of the SUV was on 18/06/2011.The fuel tank had been topped to its brim, as I had suspected that the prices will move northward.
Today morning, I cleaned all the dust and dirt that had gathered on the paintwork. It is garaged and hence the dust is not washed away in the rains. To my surprise the SUV started in the first self itself.Its the monsoon air all around. So the dust is reduced to a bare minimum and this is when I take the liberty to roll down the window and allow air with almost no dust. The A.C. is sparingly used by me during this season, unless I am driving in the rains.Ironically, I use the A.C. during the winters too, as the outside is dusty.
Again the grunt of the two-plus year old MHawk becomes music to my ears. Otherwise, the engine is less audible when the glasses are rolled up.
So now truly on a roll with the monsoon drives!

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 4th July 2011 at 19:26.
Old 22nd October 2011, 08:29   #540
Senior - BHPian

Anjan thats a very nice looking ride you own! In a hunt for a bigger ride next year and closely evaluating the Scorp LX. Second the opinion that it is great value buy considering all the essential goodies packed in it. Was going through your thread and was curious to know the mileage till date and cost of ownership in terms of fuel, spares, service etc considering your run.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks