Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2009, 15:50   #1
BHPian

Tata Indica DLG turbo 30000K report

It is 1 Year and 30K Kms on ODO and it is time for long term report. Had the 30K KMS service done last week at Prerana Motors ,Peenya. Overall good experience with the service done. Had listed the below mentioned problems and it was rectified to satisfaction.
1) Check Engine indicator light used to glow sometimes. No certain pattern and in this way it was present for almost for last 8K Kms.
2) Had a small accident, a bike fellow came from nowhere had to break hard. Fog lamp was damaged and the fog lamp assembly was broken. Had asked to just replace the guard.
3) AC/Heater switch was not rotating properly. It used to get struck and it was possible to rotate after some time of engine run. I assume it was due heating-up.
4) Wheel- Balancing
5) Oil change
6) Decarburizing – I did not ask but the supervisor asked to me get this done as he mentioned it will increase the drivability.
7) Nitrogen air for the wheels
8) Dicky lamp was not working
9) Had asked to add coolant as the level was low.

All the above mentioned issues were fixed and the bill came-up to 4800/-. Coolant & Hose parts were replaced under warranty. Overall the service experience was good.

Now in the pros of the car.
1) Very spacious, good car for highway drives.
2) Getting mileage of around 16Kms with mix of highway and city driving
3) No major issues as such until now.
4) No major rattles as such.

Cons of the car:
1. Flat tire is major problem. I had this problem some 6/7 times until now.
2. Pick-up is not good in hot weather
3. Some niggle issues, can leave with it.
4. Looks like turbo is gone. Do not feel of it now at all. When the vehicle was new after around 2200 RPM used the feel the turbo turning on.

Overall I am satisfied with the car as of now not faced any major issues. It has been good drive for last 1 year. After driving friend’s Swift D, feel I should have gone for it. But still the 1.5 L difference makes sense I think, even though it needs some effort to drive a TATA vehicle.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi srinivas. have you followed the instructions about idling the engine for a minute before shutting off and after turning on? If you havent, the turbo would suffer from reduced life.
Old 1st April 2009, 16:57   #3
BHPian

Hi!
I also have a 2006 April Indica turbo DLG. I have completed 1.00 Lakh + kms in 3yrs. My comments are given in bold.

[quote=srinivasmhn;1240906]
Now in the pros of the car.
1) Very spacious, good car for highway drives. AGREE
2) Getting mileage of around 16Kms with mix of highway and city driving. I get 15-16. I have 175/65 tubless tyres. Earlier i had 185/60.
3) No major issues as such until now. +1
4) No major rattles as such. Rattles few

Cons of the car:
1. Flat tire is major problem. I had this problem some 6/7 times until now. Which tyres are you using? use tubeless. I have till now not used my jack 2-3 punctures was repaired after 2-3 days of noticing the air reducing.
2. Pick-up is not good in hot weather. I donot have this problem get it checked.
3. Some niggle issues, can leave with it. Agree
4. Looks like turbo is gone. Do not feel of it now at all. When the vehicle was new after around 2200 RPM used the feel the turbo turning on. I donot have this problem get it checked.

I donot idle the engine for a minute , however i keep my speed very low within 20-30 kmph for nearly 5 minutes before parking or after starting the car.
Old 1st April 2009, 17:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

for the rattles, try replacing the plastic rear parcel tray with a wooden one. will also improve bass effect if you have oval speakers there.
also, wrap some insulation tape around the stub the rear seats latch onto.

check the spare wheel, toolkit and jack and check if they are properly secured. check if the centre stop lamp which is placed at the top of the rear window is not rattling

the pickup in hot weather issue , I've faced it too

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st April 2009 at 17:16.
Old 1st April 2009, 19:00   #5
BHPian

Greenhorn,
I do follow the idling the engine most of the times. Sometimes in hurry just turn-off.
Kiren,
Goodyear tries, which came along with the vehicle. I think it will hold good for another 10K Kms, Which tubeless tires you are using. My plan is to go for tubeless when I go for the tire change.
Old 1st April 2009, 21:46   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivasmhn View Post
Greenhorn,
I do follow the idling the engine most of the times. Sometimes in hurry just turn-off.
Kiren,
Goodyear tries, which came along with the vehicle. I think it will hold good for another 10K Kms, Which tubeless tires you are using. My plan is to go for tubeless when I go for the tire change.

I am using Apollo Acellere 175/65 for the past nearly 30 k Kms & Earlier it was 185/60 Goodyear NCT5 for more than 70 K Kms.
Old 1st April 2009, 21:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

kiren, how do the two tyres compare
Old 2nd April 2009, 09:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
kiren, how do the two tyres compare

Size wise 185/60 is the best as the drive quality is great. But due to problem with my alloys offset with load i.e 5 people & luggage the tyres were rubbing the suspensions hence had to reduce the width.

Regarding make i really didnt find much of a difference between the two.
Old 28th July 2009, 20:08   #9
BHPian

Indica 40K Kms Report.

My vehicle has completed 40K Kms and rather in a quick time. Had taken the vehicle in Mar 2008. It has given me trouble free service until now without any major problems. Had only a problem with the check light glowing-up. This was fixed during the service and was mentioned that it was problem with potentiometer and was replaced in extended warranty.
I use it everyday for round trip to office for 105 Kms and 80% of the drive is trough highway(NICE road Bangalore) and getting around 16.5 Kms/L. Pick-up is good and have some minor rattles.
Major problem is only with the Flat tires. I had almost around 12 flat tires during this periods and I think this problem will not get solved until the tyre’s are changed to tubeless. I think current tyre’s will hold good for another 10K Kms.
Service total came-up to to Rs 7700/- . Service details is mentioned below and it was serviced at Prerana Motors , Peenya. The service supervisor was good and all the aspects mentioned were taken care.

Bardahl Engine Tuneup 675.47
Dry Sheet 80 12.44
Diesel Engine Oil 1271.11
Transaxle Oil 604.26
WD40 Rusk Leak 22.13
Grease Ball Brearing 8.44
Cotton Waste 11.25
Coolant 600
Assy Oil Filter-TC 141.33
Fuel Filter 134.22
Rubber Boot 31.11
Poly V Belt 314.67
Break Oil 56.89
30GM Wheel Weight 29.55
25 GM Wheel Weight 8.23
15 GM Wheel Weight 5.53
10 GM Wheel Weight 12.53
CA Wiper Blade 311.11
Alternator Belt 200
Nitrogen Air 125
Clean Catalytic Converter 125
Coolant top Up 400
Major Service Labour 650
Break Sytem Check 150
Front Wheel Aligment Check & Adjust 200
Balance Wheel(Wheel Removed) Each 350
Gold Club Membership 460
Tax on Parts 531.29
Serivce tax 266
Total 7707.56
Old 30th July 2009, 06:21   #10
BHPian

Srinivas,
Looking at your 40K service report, you are totally being ripped off by Prerana motors. Why did they charge you 400 for coolant top up on top of 600 for coolant. Also, it seems like they almost changed everything they could get their hands on.....I also hate dealers who charge for things like "Cotton Waste 11.25". Learn to do things like "CA Wiper Blade 311.11". Its very easy to do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks