Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2017, 17:48   #526
BHPian

re: Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: Sold to Palio lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Already have a Baleno CVT at home.

I have driven a Fiat Multijet Diesel Engine for ten years, 2 lakh km now. I am not really looking forward to another eight years of living with the same engine.
That is one difficulty with Brezza and Baleno diesel.
Totally agree. Though the multijet in Ritz is a good combination, I kept away from Multijet in my next car.

While the TUV300 is a good car, the Creta could have been considered. With the class leading diesel engine from Hyundai, it would have been a monster leap over the Multijet
Old 16th November 2017, 18:00   #527
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: Sold to Palio lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Totally agree. Though the multijet in Ritz is a good combination, I kept away from Multijet in my next car.

While the TUV300 is a good car, the Creta could have been considered. With the class leading diesel engine from Hyundai, it would have been a monster leap over the Multijet
I had a budget of 7 lakhs which has been stretched to 9 lakhs now. The Creta is out of question as any decent specced version comes for 15 lakhs+. That apart, if I could blow 15 lakhs, I would have bought a Scorpio or a Duster AWD over the Creta anyday.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 18:19   #528
Senior - BHPian

If you usage involves handling a lot of bad roads then the TUV definitely makes sense. The body on frame setup is far more abuse friendly than the ecosport/brezza although the Ecosport is fun to drive. Good call on the T6+ variant. It is well equipped. Congratulations on the TUV300!
Old 21st November 2017, 12:25   #529
Senior - BHPian

Inspected the vehicle, paid, invoiced but not brought the TUV home. Waiting for the temporary registration from Delhi and final registration papers to be submitted to Ghaziabad RTO before taking the vehicle home. Will start a new thread about the new vehicle. This thread in now eight-and-a-half years old and despite all ups and downs, its been a great ride.
architect is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 00:03   #530
Senior - BHPian

Copying my facebook status for today with minor tweaks to make it relevant here:

In today's climate in Delhi, it is almost sin to talk of personal transport. But another companion of almost ten years prepares to go, I remove my belongings from it, and remove the keys to retain my favourite key-chain, separate out what stays and what goes. My wife is sadder than I am, though. Through mutliple test drives, she did not find anything new that was as comfortable.

Machines are not supposed to love you back, but it seems if you understand them, they do understand you back. It has often been "Us against the world" my first 16" frame cycle onwards and even more so with this car. Perhaps because we are all lonely insecure people inside.

I could draw cars as a toddler before I could write alphabets, but like so many other things I have enjoying doing, I don't obsess over them but I can say that this one with well over 1,96,000 km driven by me, has been the longest and the most enjoyable: at Bir, at Mandu, at Lucknow and Kanpur, in a flash flood in Jaipur, on our honeymoon, all night alone from Bikaner to Sambhar Lake, eight-nine trips to Lansdowne for a client who never paid up and crawling from home to office and back everyday.

We are not sure if the dealer who is taking it in exchange will sell it or scrap it. Scrapping would be a shame, but regulations would rather have you throw away a working machine and buy a new one. We are preparing for getting the TUV home.

Some level of credit goes to the people who have helped through this journey, from dedicated people at ASC like Samyak and Kashyap Fiat to my current go-to service center World of Service Noida. And of course, Hats off to Team-BHP themselves. This is the coolest forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: Sold to a Palio lover!-20171120_152045.jpg  

architect is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 02:16   #531
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and wish you happy miles for another decade with your TUV-300.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:49   #532
Senior - BHPian

Congrats and wish you loads of great memories with you new vehicle.
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:04   #533
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride and wish you another long journey with the new ride. I am more or less in the same boat as you. Got a Palio SDX in 2008 and it is nearing the 1.90k mark. However, since I am not using it that frequently now, I am not planning on selling it or getting a new ride. With regular maintenance I hope to hold on to it for another 3 or 4 years.
vamsi.kona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 12:58   #534
Senior - BHPian

On sunday, we started the Palio in the morning, to give it at the dealers in exchange for the TUV. It refused to start. We practically drained the entire battery. Finally we figured that the best option was to not give it away to Koncept Automobiles. The people at World of Service were interested in the car.

I think it didn't want to get scrapped so it refused to start.

So, finally, we paid the exchange value and the exchange bonus amount out of our pocket. The TUV finally cost us close to 9.60 lakhs on road.

As of this morning, the Palio has gone back to World of Service. I need to work out a deal with them on it now.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: Sold to a Palio lover!-whatsapp-image-20171126-21.56.08.jpeg  

architect is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 13:50   #535
BHPian

This thread used to feel like home even when I had a Palio Stile thread of myself. I would have loved to see the Stile cross 2,00,000 mark at your hands. However, the journey has definitely reached its logical end.

Congratulations for the TUV 300. I'm sure the new one will serve you even better. And sure as hell I am looking for the new thread dedicated to the baby.
tortoiseNhare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 22:56   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
I would have loved to see the Stile cross 2,00,000 mark at your hands. However, the journey has definitely reached its logical end.
The logical end was settled today, since the fiasco created on Sunday when the Palio refused to start while going for exchange:

1. Car has been taken by a Fiat veteran. This will be his seventh Palio (not counting two Adventures), he knows Palios very well and he knows my car inside out.
4. It will be re-registered outside NCR if necessary.
2. I am satisfied with the price we have settled, though we have to work out the formalities and paperwork.
3. Car will be made completely functional again including current engine issues, fog lamps not working, broken tail-light, AC working without a pressure switch (the four known issues with the car when it was given). Headlamps will be replaced and denting / painting will be done to bring it back to perfect shape.
5. Car will be up and running soon as the engine work has already started. Insh'allah it will cross the 2,00,000 km mark with flying colours!

That's the Palio Multijet story. To quote a colloqialism: "Picture Abhi Baaki Hai Mere Dost".

Last edited by architect : 30th November 2017 at 23:08.
architect is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 12:32   #537
BHPian

re: Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: Sold to a Palio lover!

That is excellent news. My wild guess ... has the car been taken by a certain Mr O. P. Sharma?

Quote:
The logical end was settled today, since the fiasco created on Sunday when the Palio refused to start while going for exchange:

1. Car has been taken by a Fiat veteran. This will be his seventh Palio (not counting two Adventures), he knows Palios very well and he knows my car inside out.
4. It will be re-registered outside NCR if necessary.
2. I am satisfied with the price we have settled, though we have to work out the formalities and paperwork.
3. Car will be made completely functional again including current engine issues, fog lamps not working, broken tail-light, AC working without a pressure switch (the four known issues with the car when it was given). Headlamps will be replaced and denting / painting will be done to bring it back to perfect shape.
5. Car will be up and running soon as the engine work has already started. Insh'allah it will cross the 2,00,000 km mark with flying colours!

That's the Palio Multijet story. To quote a colloqialism: "Picture Abhi Baaki Hai Mere Dost".
Old 8th December 2017, 15:06   #538
Senior - BHPian

re: Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: Sold to a Palio lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
That is excellent news. My wild guess ... has the car been taken by a certain Mr O. P. Sharma?
No. It is someone else. Doesn't want to advertise and I respect that.
architect is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 11:25   #539
Senior - BHPian

So the TUV ownership thread is up here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-replaced.html

Work on the Palio Multijet engine is in progress. Hope the car will be up and running soon. The new owner might be updating this thread.Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: Sold to a Palio lover!-whatsapp-image-20171221-15.35.30.jpeg
architect is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 13:50   #540
BHPian

Re: Fiat Palio Stile Multijet: 196,000 km, 9 years & 8 months up! EDIT: Sold to a Palio lover!

Quote:
Work on the Palio Multijet engine is in progress. Hope the car will be up and running soon. The new owner might be updating this thread.
Its good to see that the Palio is being brought back to its previous glory. Out of curiosity why did the engine require work again in less than 60k kilometers (You did get the Half engine replaced at 145 k kilometers)? Our Punto mjd started to consume engine oil at a very high rate after 100k kilometers, finally we decided to sell her for a loss & move on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks