Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2009, 15:49   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
awesome car and photography! It makes me want to own an optra
+1. To hell with an Optra, I'd love to own a Rudra!

Stunning pics (they always are) and a very nice review. I don't think the PP2s have soft sidewalls; the PP1s did. I know lots of people running those tyres and all of them are very satisfied with the performance, me included.
Old 10th April 2009, 15:49   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Just not lovingly driven enough. 32k in five years (atleast in my books) is close to neglect
Boss, there are two points here.
1. My everyday average driving doesn't go beyond 20km.
2. I have another old lady to drive around too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
I don't think the PP2s have soft sidewalls; the PP1s did. I know lots of people running those tyres and all of them are very satisfied with the performance, me included.
Boss, my knowledge is very limited. Our in house tyrewallah told me that. And now if you're saying that's not the case then I'm only happy to get those.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th April 2009 at 15:56.
Old 10th April 2009, 16:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Ishaan, I said I would like to change those in next few months. It's flexible and greatly depends on my pocket condition. I was keeping little less pressure to comfort my back side and there are uniform wear out.

Well, it's not a must to go for a change right now.
Sirji, I was talking about changing the car, not the tyres! I usually never discourage people from changing tyres
Old 10th April 2009, 17:23   #49
BHPian

What camera

Hi Rudra, What camera you used for these shots? I can see Canon EOS Mark III in your profile. Is that the camera you used to capture her?
Old 10th April 2009, 17:41   #50
BHPian

Hi Rudra,

Brilliant writeup, that is one lovingly maintained car for sure. Immaculate is the word that describes her best.

As beautiful as the car is, the photos are even better. Especially the last photo taken from behind the car. That is, without doubt, the best photo(well,of a car anyway) that I have ever seen. I'm speechless

Any chances of you coming down to Mumbai & obliging me by photographing my steed??
Or maybe I should plan on driving down to Bangy soon, what with all the Elantra mods going on there as well.

Edit : Eagerly anticipating the pics of the car on the go.

Last edited by maverick030581 : 10th April 2009 at 17:47.
Old 10th April 2009, 18:30   #51
BHPian

Hi Rudra,

Awesome!!! What makes it even more intriguing is the almost expense free ownership experience. Five years is a long period.

Besides the human factor of taking care of your car, it would be really helpful if you can share some tips. The frequency of washes, how you do detailing, cleaning, any other general tips to that you would like us to know. The review presently is awe inspiring and surely motivational. But adding these details will give us less mortals an opportunity to take clues.

Maintaining car is like maintaining an elephant. I have often heard this statement. And many believe (may be, including me) that spending money is the only way to maintain a car. This is a refreshing thread.

P.S.: If I am not wrong your car has Bosch wiper blades. If you can post a sentence or two about your experience with them.

Last edited by akbaree : 10th April 2009 at 18:36.
Old 10th April 2009, 19:02   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hirajan View Post
Hi Rudra, What camera you used for these shots? I can see Canon EOS Mark III in your profile. Is that the camera you used to capture her?
I’ve used my only camera EOS 1Ds MarkII. All shots are with 70-200, 2.8L lens except for the one in front of the house. 20mm, 2.8 was used there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Especially the last photo taken from behind the car. That is, without doubt, the best photo(well,of a car anyway) that I have ever seen.
Thanks. Yes that’s a nice one and I like it too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akbaree View Post
Besides the human factor of taking care of your car, it would be really helpful if you can share some tips. The frequency of washes, how you do detailing, cleaning, any other general tips to that you would like us to know. The review presently is awe inspiring and surely motivational. But adding these details will give us less mortals an opportunity to take clues.
I’ve written about these long back here
Quote:
P.S.: If I am not wrong your car has Bosch wiper blades. If you can post a sentence or two about your experience with them.
Bosch AEROTWIN is GOOD. It’s over a year now and working flawless. Post my purchase Ajmat bought them for his VRs and Swift. deepuG bought a set for his Magnum also. I believe both of them are happy.
Old 10th April 2009, 19:16   #53
Team-BHP Support

As usual, the creative director at his best

I was snobby about the Optra until I drove this one. Have watched it evolve. On a long run, it outruns my previous VTEC and stays nice and planted. Only thing it lacks is a tactile steering.

One invaluable input that Ruda forgot to mention was Ramalingam, his driver who insists pigeons flyig overhead wear diapers. Imagine on a sunday evening, Rudra driving in from a "dirty" weekend, Ramalingam will be waiting to clean the car, not waiting till Monday.
Old 10th April 2009, 19:35   #54
Team-BHP Support

Excellent writeup, Rudraji. Now I know what you've been busy with all these days. The pics are mindblowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I like the Apple sticker on the rear. Can I have one please?
Dippy, you can buy an ipod and they will give you 2 stickers free.
Old 10th April 2009, 20:42   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I’ve written about these long back here
Thanks. I never realized that you started that thread. I was always looking at the recent pages.
Old 10th April 2009, 23:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

Boss your love affair with your black beauties is the stuff of legends.

Thank you for taking some time off your busy schedule to take those pics (you would've taken them anyway - so that should be 'post those pics') and create this thread.

Lovely writeup - like you I prefer cars that cruise well rather than those that burn rubber at the traffic lights.

When are you getting the Aussies ECU?
Old 10th April 2009, 23:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

Mind blowing Pics!!
excellent Detailing of ur car.
Might i say, a very very very well maintained car.
Old 10th April 2009, 23:58   #58
Senior - BHPian

Excellent pics and review, Rudra Sen !

But, Optra is a Korean product ???
Old 11th April 2009, 00:27   #59
Senior - BHPian

Rudra ji, two things from the writeup that I find to be invaluable statements.

The first is about the undertstanding that you develop with a car over time and the second about all cars serving you well if you take good care of them, provided they are reasonably well-built. Your car, after five years, is living proof of it.

And yes, the photographs are just what I expected from you, seeing earlier ones. It is the reflection on the paint surface and the way the background appears. You know there has been some touch up, but its still sublime, yet glamourous in its own way.
Old 11th April 2009, 01:48   #60
BHPian

Fantastic photographs sir. I'm just amazed the way you've kept the lighting.

Regards,

Anirban.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks