Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 02:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

The older non-illuminated needles looked better, IMHO.
Attached Thumbnails
My comprehensive BALENO ownership thread-i3243.jpg  

Old 25th April 2009, 20:58   #17
BHPian

Nice car, the mods are simple and classy. Do all this and clean her up with a polish job.

The alloys look HOT. I will be spoiled for choice next time around.
Old 25th April 2009, 21:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Ice Ice Baby!

Got my ICE install done finally .. woohoo!!

Mr.Blueraven put in a set of eFx 6x9s at the back,to complement the existing DLS 5.25" Compos in the front.
Listened to the install for a few minutes(read:less than 10),spoke to Satya about adding an amp and he gave me an offer I couldn't refuse. Two hours later,the boys had plonked a JBL CS 60.4 at the back. System sounded mindblowing after he got done with the tuning.

Damping the front two doors and the boot on monday ,..Might put in a 10" sub by next week with a two channel amp.

Overall setup includes:
  • Blaupunkt Bahamas mp46 + Blaupunkt RCA adaptor + Blaupunkt Aux cable
  • DLS 5.25" Front components
  • Scosche eFx HDC6900 6X9 Coaxial Speakers
  • Parrot CK3000 fully integrated Bluetooth kit
  • JBL CS 60.4 4-channel Amplifier.
Overall very very happy with the audio,Thanks Satya again.

I'd just like to add that I will never visit Hot Tracks again in my lifetime. :(

Thanks mohit!

Last edited by binz : 25th April 2009 at 21:37.
Old 26th April 2009, 11:35   #19
BHPian

Stick to 15 inchers when you change next. I think your driving style necessitates this. Another nice touch in your car is the gear knob. Is it loose?
Old 26th April 2009, 14:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Stick to 15 inchers when you change next. I think your driving style necessitates this. Another nice touch in your car is the gear knob. Is it loose?
Waiting to get the 14's home,will take a call then.Mohit,I really don't drive the way you think and highway drives are rare.Still,i will take a call once i get the 14's and depending on how they look.

How did you know the gearknob was loose?! Its got cracked on both sides,so it keeps rotating a bit.Ill try to get it fixed if not then
Old 26th April 2009, 20:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

I think he saw the car at Evo.

Mohit, how does driving style necessitate larger rim size?
Old 27th April 2009, 08:11   #22
BHPian

Yeah I saw it at EVO.

Hey you guys know more about tyres than me. I would say if you are the kind of person who chucks the car around(quick lane changes or hard conering) you are better off with the widest section on the widest rim with the lowest profile. Few things for that will work well for binoy is that as he told me long trips are rare except maybe to the track where roads are good, he drives around carefully (not rally style) on bad roads, and he plans to lower the car (15s will look better).
Old 28th April 2009, 00:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Idle is a bit off,1000 rpm without a/c 1200 with a/c.This with engine at decent temp.

Its not normal,any idea why its happening?
Old 28th April 2009, 00:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

check with the exhaust. I too had that issue on saturday when I got the new exhaust system installed. It is fine now.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:26   #25
BHPian

Have you guys ever lost your Baleno's driver side mirror? I broke mine when a taxi cab struck it. The mechanism still works but it is difficult to source only the mirror. What do you guys do in such cases?
Old 28th April 2009, 11:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Have you guys ever lost your Baleno's driver side mirror? I broke mine when a taxi cab struck it. The mechanism still works but it is difficult to source only the mirror. What do you guys do in such cases?
You get some cheap quality mirrors here that snap on to the original ones. I'll check if its available for the baleno.
Old 28th April 2009, 12:03   #27
BHPian

That is good to hear Otherwise the A.S.S quoted about 5K to replace the entire assembly. Thanks Harrie
Old 28th April 2009, 21:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
check with the exhaust. I too had that issue on saturday when I got the new exhaust system installed. It is fine now.
Took the car to sag this afternoon.Showed Vasu anna that the car was idling at 1000rpm.He removed a couple of things near the throttle body,sprayed a can of something buit nothing changed.

Took the car out for a spin and the accel pedal was getting stuck for a split second causing the car to jerk. Took it back,it seemed to have been solved but the idling issue persisted.He said the meters were faulty .. thats a possibility will get it checked.

But on the way back home the pedal kept getting stuck again.IT is so damn frustrating after spending the whole of the last two weeks sitting in garage after garage getting everything into shape and now something that was perfect is now messed up.

Im just going to give the car to U.M. tomorrow and get everything sorted out hassle free.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

Does it get stuck when you start off or when the car is in motion? My car had this random episodes of hard to press accelerator pedal when I start off.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

When Its in motion.The car was perfect with only the idle issue,the moment the TB was touched this happened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks