Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 21:25   #31
Senior - BHPian

It might help you if you stick to one mech.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Have you guys ever lost your Baleno's driver side mirror? I broke mine when a taxi cab struck it. The mechanism still works but it is difficult to source only the mirror. What do you guys do in such cases?
Its not thaat difficult.Find out where the maruti spares distributor is in your city.Contact him,give him the part numbers and he will get it for you.
i believe its MGP 400 bucks per mirror.

Here are the part numbers:
84720-60G10 Mirror sub assy,RH
84760-60G60 Mirror sub assy,LH

Best of luck getting them fitted though,not very easy as the mirrors tend to break

Before anyone asks,this is generally how i get stuff for my car.

Last edited by binz : 28th April 2009 at 21:28.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
It might help you if you stick to one mech.
U.m. won't touch my car for any exhaust related work. Since you mentioned exhaust i took it to SAG
Old 28th April 2009, 21:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ask Keshav he will sort it out.

Last edited by iceman91 : 28th April 2009 at 21:42.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:34   #35
BHPian

Just check the routing of the Acc cable for the sticking issue. Removing TB can hardly cause a sticking cable, though you never know.

What was it that you did that cause this high idle? Just reset the ECU and see. Check or clean idle control sensor.

Do you have enough free play on the Acc?
Old 28th April 2009, 21:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydiablo View Post
Just check the routing of the Acc cable for the sticking issue. Removing TB can hardly cause a sticking cable, though you never know.

What was it that you did that cause this high idle? Just reset the ECU and see. Check or clean idle control sensor.

Do you have enough free play on the Acc?
Throttle body wasn't removed! On screw next to the accel cable on the TB was adjusted.One connector below the TPS or was It the TPS? was removed and that rotating metal thing was continuously spun causing the car to rev.

More than enough free play on the acc cable.

I don't think ill be cleaning any sensors myself,I would have no clue about it.

Will talk to Keshav too when hes free on saturday.

Baleno idle is 750 rpm right?

Last edited by binz : 28th April 2009 at 21:51.
Old 28th April 2009, 22:13   #37
BHPian

Yeah its 750rpm without AC.
Old 28th April 2009, 22:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Its not thaat difficult.Find out where the maruti spares distributor is in your city.Contact him,give him the part numbers and he will get it for you.
i believe its MGP 400 bucks per mirror.

Here are the part numbers:
84720-60G10 Mirror sub assy,RH
84760-60G60 Mirror sub assy,LH

Best of luck getting them fitted though,not very easy as the mirrors tend to break

Before anyone asks,this is generally how i get stuff for my car.
Thanks Binoy. Where do you get the part numbers from?
Old 28th April 2009, 22:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Thanks Binoy. Where do you get the part numbers from?
Have a parts catalogue for the baleno at home.Comes in pretty handy.

Found this post taken from here

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I got after market mirror (NOT the whole assembly) for my Baleno for Rs 220/- only from a local accessories shop. They are as good as the OEM ones.

Last edited by binz : 28th April 2009 at 22:34.
Old 29th April 2009, 21:55   #40
Senior - BHPian

Free flow Exhaust

Started off with a set of headers which were made by Sag racing.They were 4x1 and were taken off Memo's ex baleno so i basically got a good deal.
Paid approx 3k for just headers.It had a stock muffler + stock center muffler.
Sound was pathetic not to mention performance was restricted a bit.

Got Memo's race muffler and got that put on too.Labor was 400 bucks.
It had this annoying fluttering note(from inside) which i lived with for around 6 months.Car sounded like a proper rally car then.It then broke around the pipe.

Replaced that with a Stainless steel muffler from Blueraven which i picked up for 2500 bucks.Install was rs100/- from a roadside garage(add another 300 for re-fitting for proper re-fitting from the garage).Annoying buzzing sound in the car while accelerating and the flutter could still be heard outside.

Removed it and went back to stock.Paid around Rs300 for refitting.

Drove like this for quite a bit of time till i wanted a proper setup.Went back to the garage,specified exactly what i wanted.Paid 2800 bucks( Got clamps fitted on both the stock and the steel muffler so that i could swap them easily).It sounded good for one day then the car felt like a truck to drive ; so damn rough , pathetic sound after the carbon had built up and the car had no performance.

Took it off a week later at EVO. Satya didn't charge anything,gave the boys 80bucks.

Spoke to tuner who said the center muffler is causing the flutter and that it would sound much better without it.So removed the stock center muffler,put the steel muffler back on.Paid 400 bucks.In short:Car was louder,sounded like **** and didn't move.

Took it out a few days later at the garage.

I felt disgusted about the entire thing.The headers were superbly calculated and made and i know they make a hell of a lot of difference but this muffler scene just wasn't working out.Cribbed about it to Satya,whose contact promised me a smoother sound with two things - a Twin tip muffler and a middle resonater/center box(whatever).

I was told to put the muffler first and if I wasn't happy with the sound to get the resonater fitted after a week.
Paid 2500/- cranked the car ........ ........ ******* bliss! Drove home with v1p3r(thanks for the talking) and I couldn't have been happier.Its sounded sweeet from the inside,car freed up so much more than before and overall it was so smooth to drive.

Two weeks went by,sound improved a lot but there was this annoying bassy boom that existed while coasting around town.

TODAY took it back to get the resonator put in,the boys arc welded a new flange on the header.Paid 700 bucks for everything.
This time I stood behind while the car was started.Believe me I have never heard a better custom exhaust on a baleno in my life.Drove the car home,I have absolutely no words to describe how I felt,.. so I wont.The car was responsive,smoother than before and quieter.

The exhaust is finally DONE after nearly two years in the making and at a total expense of Rs13480/- (including one bend in the header which was removed (400bucks))

Binz
PS: long boring post just to refresh my memory and see how much dough i wasted on this setup.Thanks for reading .. This thread feels like a blog!

Last edited by binz : 29th April 2009 at 22:10.
Old 29th April 2009, 23:20   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

So, in the end, you ended up paying 13K and 2 years to get an exhaust. I reckon it would have been simpler and cheaper getting a brand new exhaust instead in 1 shot.
Old 29th April 2009, 23:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
. I reckon it would have been simpler and cheaper getting a brand new exhaust instead in 1 shot.
Is that not obvious?
Old 30th April 2009, 08:43   #43
BHPian

Yeah if you had 13K to blow in one shot. But when you are really strapped for cash, you have to beg, borrow, get the cheapest deal and be happy with it. Its a whole different scenario if you have a job(and bachelor).

I also have the rattling sound that you talk about. I guess its a characterstic or rally type of exhausts. I am not pretty sure what to do. I liked your end can and the twin tip. Looks awesome and sounds nice.
Old 30th April 2009, 10:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

I just got the exhaust done and there is no rattling sound.
Old 1st May 2009, 04:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

My brother just woke me up and gave me a 4500k HID kit.Late birthday present or whatever,I'm damn excited!!

Kit looks pretty decent quality,will let Blueraven decide on that though when he has a look at it and installs it tomorrow.

Most Viewed