Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaga View Post
here is the update on 15 K service---

At last pulling on my car got resolved, this time Sundaram informed that there is some problem on the tyre and that is the reson of pulling. Since car is in warranty, they got intouch with GM for suggestion. GM suggested to change all the tyre so i got new set of Machelin tyre. Now i do not see any problem of pulling to right or left.
Though all these process took 10 days but at the end i am happy that the problem has been resolved.
For rattling, Sundaram is changing the dash board assembly which will take 10 days time to come as this is not a fast moving pasrt and comes on order only. This chnage will be again in warranty.
Below is the work and respective rate -
Tyre - 5093.33 x4 charged INR 0
Engine oil - INR 1139
Filter - 67.56
Screen Wash - 32.89
Two way sticker - 35.56 (not sure what is this?)
Total cost - 1275
Now i feel it is driving better then new
Wow, that's customer service. Lucky guy, getting Michelin free
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:25   #17
BHPian

Thanks Mjothi...

I own a GM car since last 5 years and I must say the GM is more focused on After sales service now. You bring the problem to the notice of GM helpline and rest assure that the follow up will be done from GM side till the problem get resolved.

Last edited by raaga : 3rd July 2009 at 15:43. Reason: short form not accepted as per forum guideline
Old 14th October 2009, 00:02   #18
MDe
BHPian

Great stuff! GM guys are doing well. I visited them recently for a TD of Optra Magnum Diesel and the response was real good. For the first time I met a sales guy who understood the mechanics of the car and spoke technology.

Raaga, in all the Bangalore traffic, How much FE is the car giving? I am considering the car and have been hearing about 13KMPL figure from a lot of people. Does it hold good for you too?
Old 14th October 2009, 22:38   #19
BHPian

Congrats Raga on your diesel rocket !

Rs 1275 for 15k service !! GOD, my swift's 20k service costed me Rs 7000 !!

Btw, which tyre exactly? XM1+ , MXV8 , primacy lc ? 195 or 205 ?

Cheers !
Old 22nd October 2009, 04:21   #20
BHPian

MDu it gives 12-14 base on AC usage in Bangalore City....may be you can have a look on Cruze also:-)
Old 22nd October 2009, 14:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

As said now a day GM is acting responsible for the products that they've delivered.Thats a good sign.
Waiting for the LT price to come down more. Now its 10.98L LT with ACC in B'lore.

Let down:Optra petrol LT comes with ACC,sunroof & Electrically foldable mirrors.
Audio controls on steering wheel are missing form the old gen optra.
Old 27th October 2009, 14:02   #22
BHPian

Well Vibhu, very soon i am giving for 20K service let me see how much it comes. The tyre is primacy lc,205. I am quite happy with this tyre
Old 20th January 2010, 17:34   #23
BHPian

Hi All Chevy lover, sorry i could not post my experience on 20 k service as was on travel mode for my project.
in my absence wify used to drive but since her drive was not much so decided to get the service done in my presence only.Last week i gave my magnum to Sundaram (yes, i am back to Sundaram after trying Vijay and Frontline though no specific complain with them). I think Sundaram provides good service if you talk to Baig at the time of giving for service and highlight the issue and tell him last time some of the problem was not resolved.
I had a complain about
1. rattling from dashboard - resolved seems some claim was lose
2. Break sound - Front break pad chnaged
3. Got tyre rotation done - No pulling even after rotation so it was a surprise for me as before this service all service had some issue on pulling.
At this service, i was satisfy and somehow i feel that drving magnum is a pleasure and after every service fun factor is on increase.
Total cost at this service was -1200/- which i think is reasonable for this class of vehicle. I love you Chevy....i am sure my next CAR will again be a Chevy. Infact Wify is forcing me to sell my Corsa Sail-1.6 and buy Beat but i am trying to convince her for Safari, trying my luck
Old 20th January 2010, 17:37   #24
BHPian

Thanks Mod, its nice to see my name in BHPian. This give me a high as if i am on 9th cloud
Old 4th November 2010, 19:29   #25
BHPian

Completed 30 k..

Long time i could not update this thread and today when i saw that my last update was way back in Jan,i realized that this year was how hectic for me. Let's come back to optmag. Recently i left my here at Sundaram for 30 K service without any major issue, got the car delivered same day post servicing and cost was "INR 675/-"
Service cost always surprise me and i wounder why people crib about high maintenance on GM cars. I strongly believe that this is the perception of people which might have been created during Opel days and GM needs to do lot more to get this perception erased from the memory.
Up to the service part it is perfectly done, however i was noticing a problem of some play on the steering and while going on to rough terrain or on the Turing i used to feel the play and sound on my hand. I reported this problem multiple times but every time they use to tighten some thing or other and the sound use to reduce but it never resolved. This time i insisted on through check and now Sundaram has confirmed that there is some issue on the fringes where steering sits. They try to fix it by adjusting the steering firings and changing the bush along with steering fluid. I feel the problem has been reduced by 80% but still at times i can observe the issues. As per my SA steering column need to change to resolve the issue, which will cost around 28K. Unfortunately warranty had expired couple of month ago:-(
But i am getting this to the notice of GM along with the record which indicate that this problem was reported multiple time but mechanic could not identify the issue. Hoping to get the response by next week, keeping finger crossed.
At the outset, can somebody through the light on the implication of driving the car in this condition and if any fellow Optra owner had experienced the similar issue?
Secondly, i see pulsating effect on hard breaking. Is this normal for a car with ABS?
One department where i am always disappointed with my Optra is the headlamp during night drive. Had tried 90-100 and xenon kit but still it is not good enough as a matter of fact i see even chita hathi (Tata Ace) light is better then my car. Xenon is good on low beam but high bean hopeless. I will surely remove the xenon kit but what is the option?
Good thing after driving for 30K, my feeling is that Opti is becoming better and better with every service in terms of smoothness. I am happy that I selected this car. Lot of my colleague ask what I would have been selected today. My ans. to them till few weeks back used to be the same Optra but with the launch of Linea Tjet I am surely confused, Italian beauty is defiantly a head turner and now it is powerful also
To the Chevy Owner at Bangalore- We should have a gathering with our power house to check out each others car.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Mention of alcohol is strictly prohibited on this forum. Go through the rules before proceeding further. Please treat this as first warning. Next time will be infraction

Last edited by mobike008 : 8th November 2010 at 13:10. Reason: Reason in post
Old 8th November 2010, 12:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Secondly, i see pulsating effect on hard breaking. Is this normal for a car with ABS?
Its normal for ABS equipped car.

Quote:
One department where i am always disappointed with my Optra is the headlamp during night drive. Had tried 90-100 and xenon kit but still it is not good enough as a matter of fact i see even chita hathi (Tata Ace) light is better then my car. Xenon is good on low beam but high bean hopeless. I will surely remove the xenon kit but what is the option?
Which xenon kit did you use?

Quote:
but with the launch of Linea Tjet I am surely confused, Italian beauty is defiantly a head turner and now it is powerful also
Dont be confused, check GTO review on T-jet linea it gives very less mileage under spirited driving and take 11.xx sec to 0-100 where as magnum takes 10sec and gives more mileage.

Quote:
To the Chevy Owner at Bangalore- We should have a gathering with our power house to check out each others car. Probably over a glass of beer
Sure, why dont you join bangy lepakshi drive which will be put up in few hours.

Last edited by brraj : 8th November 2010 at 12:44.
Old 8th November 2010, 16:14   #27
BHPian

Thank brraj for enlighting me on ABS

Which xenon kit did you use?
P8 HID Kit, As per Shopkeeper P8 is one of the best
Dont be confused, check GTO review on T-jet

pleasure of high rev driving made me think of Tjet and also i love Fiat Car though never own any till now and may be this could be the reason

Sure, why dont you join bangy lepakshi drive which will be put up in few hours.[/quote]
I will love to know more about this and if it do not coinside with by US travel then i am in.

Mod - i had read the rule long back but somehow Alcohal stuff went off radar, will take care in future
Old 10th November 2010, 12:55   #28
BHPian

check bangy meet in this thread and confirm
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...alore-117.html
Old 12th July 2011, 16:03   #29
BANNED

Re: Optra Magnum 0k To 10k Experience And Some Nagging Issues EDIT: updated to 15k

Hey Raaga -

Now that it's been 08 months that you have last updated this thread, can we have an insight on how the Optra is behaving and the number of miles that it has crunched?

Request you to please mention the servicing costs and any issues/niggles that you have faced till now.

Congratulations for your Polo 1.6

Happy Motoring !!
Old 14th July 2011, 13:49   #30
BHPian

Re: Optra Magnum 0k To 10k Experience And Some Nagging Issues EDIT: updated to 15k

Thanks Torquedo for well wishes.
At the inset, I had got 40K services done couple of month back. The total cost of 40 K service was 2936/- the main break up was as per below –
Paid Service – 950/-
3M interior cleaning – 1851/-
Screen wash -35/-
My colleague was surprise on this and they were saying that even Hyundai I20 Petrol service is costing way higher than this. I am very happy with this Car and every time you press your right leg it brings the smile on the face and at the same time maintenance cost is not high. Recently, I notice some problem in AC. It is cooling fine at the beginning but after sometime it will stop cooling, the good thing is that once I switch off the A/C for five minutes and on it again it works fine.
Got this check, as per SA, Thermo Fuse has gone due to this A/C is over cooling which cause the formation of ice in turn stop the air flow in cabin. Planning to get this repair during 45 K service by end of this month; will keep you posted about that.
Presently I can say that I am enjoying this car both in terms of performance and maintenance cost.
Happy Motoring!

Last edited by raaga : 14th July 2011 at 13:50. Reason: Font Problem

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks