Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2017, 18:09   #331
GT3
BHPian

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service

First inspect the tyres for hardness and thread depth. If it is needed to be replaced get a set of 4 tyres from outside and not through the dealership.

Last edited by GT3 : 19th October 2017 at 18:31.
Old 25th October 2017, 20:06   #332
BHPian

@aspire - I completely agree that changing tires can wait - especially that you are not around. Changing tires at dealership is a rip-off. Get it changed from outside.
I recently changed my Fiesta's tires to XM2 and would like to state that the tires are too soft for the characteristics of the Fiesta. Go for Bridgestone B290 or a Conti to get a comfortable ride and not impact handling.

On a side note, my Fiesta has just completed 3 yrs and 35000 kms. I did not use the car for one entire year and that's the reason for its low mileage. The original GT3 tires that came along with the car were a complete failure - they hardened up and disfigured too. The ride with the XM2 in the city and at low speeds has been amazing. But the car outright misbehaves on highways and cornering - this was never an issue earlier. This is mainly due to a softer sidewall.
I miss the handling it used to offer earlier. But I'm told that XM2 age well. So a year down the line, they will ride better. Fingers crossed!
Old 9th November 2017, 13:43   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
I recently changed my Fiesta's tires to XM2 and would like to state that the tires are too soft for the characteristics of the Fiesta. Go for Bridgestone B290 or a Conti to get a comfortable ride and not impact handling.

The ride with the XM2 in the city and at low speeds has been amazing. But the car outright misbehaves on highways and cornering - this was never an issue earlier. This is mainly due to a softer sidewall.
I miss the handling it used to offer earlier. But I'm told that XM2 age well. So a year down the line, they will ride better. Fingers crossed!
They do age well. My Fiesta has completed 64000 kms with its XM2s and they are still perfect. The experts tell me to run another 15K also, without any problem.
The XM2s do get better, is what I have seen. And, the sidewalls of the XM2s were much improved over the XM1s, but, of course, they may not match up with the side-wall strength of Bridgestone.
I did feel them to be softer soon after they were purchased but later that was not so.

Vip.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 9th November 2017 at 13:45.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 13:22   #334
BHPian

Thanks ad neeraj and vipin, tyre depth seems decent, but still will change the next time I am back, Planning for Goodyear earth dont recall the exact model name of the tyre.

Secondly I am planning to get a rear view camera fixed, somehow have got used to it a lot with my elite i20.

Any suggestions regarding a replacement of the ICE, with a touch screen, which can show the reverse camera input and is CarPlay android auto ready.

Lastly, I bought this car at 4.2 lacs, it had done 27k kms at that time, in 2014 I guess, the car was 2010 make, and the second owner was selling off as he was in a financial crunch, decent guy.

The car is an EXI, I bought it paying cash, but never could verify if the asking price was a but steep, can you share your views about the points raised by me.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 13th March 2018, 22:38   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post

Lastly, I bought this car at 4.2 lacs, it had done 27k kms at that time, in 2014 I guess, the car was 2010 make, and the second owner was selling off as he was in a financial crunch, decent guy.

The car is an EXI, I bought it paying cash, but never could verify if the asking price was a but steep, can you share your views about the points raised by me.

Regards
Shailesh
Way too high. I bought a June 2012 Ford Figo ZXI diesel in 2014 October run 48000 KM for 3.6 L. Was from the first owner directly.

Over the years apart from regular oil , air , fuel and AC filters , spent the following,
1. New battery in 2014
2. Repainting 2 doors for 7K. The doors were dented when I got it.
3. Replacing all 4 doors from FASS due to rust issue under 50 % goodwill warranty. My share of the cost itself came to 25K.
4. Two new tyres Kenda Money tyres at 2.6K each.
5. New horns twice.
Old 16th December 2020, 17:59   #336
BHPian

My friend's 2010 Fiesta 1.4 TDCi which has clocked 1,00,000kms has developed knocking noises from the engine.
The sound only develops once the engine is warm. I got to know the tappet clearance cannot be set unlike other engines and is controlled by the Rocker arm
Has anyone experienced similar issues and know how to adjust tappets?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks