Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2009, 16:54   #61
oss
BHPian

I find th ehigh beam to be quite powerful and more than adequate. The low beam could have been a bit better but certainly lot more powerful than the Swift or ANHC - not intending to start another debate here by bring in ANHC
Old 18th September 2009, 17:11   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
@ lamborghini, vnabhi and unni.ak

Dear Seniors, thanks a lot for your valuable inputs, now I don't have to play with stock headlights, your inputs gave me enough confidence to retain and enjoy stock headlights.

Thanks.
Seniors?? . Use the money to upgrade something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I find th ehigh beam to be quite powerful and more than adequate. The low beam could have been a bit better but certainly lot more powerful than the Swift or ANHC - not intending to start another debate here by bring in ANHC
You may want to try adjusting the headlight level. Might improve things a bit.
Old 26th September 2009, 11:52   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
iam impressed with the angles of your pics. Great shots.
Thanks Dr.

Went out in the morning to get balancing and alignment done. Nikhil's place as usual. Even though I reached at 0945, there were atleast 5 vehicles waiting for some thing or the other. Thriving business!!

Two tyres needed no weights, while one needed 20gm on the inside and another needed a 20gm inside and a 40gm outside. Isn't 60gm on a tyre a bit too much? Hope someone can help me with that. Otherwise, as is the norm, service was exemplary, courteous, well-behaved staff.

I work for a BPO and we harp on customer experience and satisfaction. We keep talking about (and at times executing also!!) going the extra mile or doing that one extra bit to keep the customer happpy. When I went in today, I had two tyres with caps missing on the air nozzle (not the right name??), and I was thinking of asking the shop for two. The guy who took the tyres off for balancing replaced the missing ones without me having to ask. This is an example I'll qoute. I was impressed. Good Job Nikhil
Old 27th September 2009, 03:41   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@ lamborghini, vnabhi and unni.ak

Dear Seniors, thanks a lot for your valuable inputs, now I don't have to play with stock headlights, your inputs gave me enough confidence to retain and enjoy stock headlights.

Thanks.
Seniors? Buddy, I am no where near senior, except in terms of T-BHP status because of posts. If at all, I am learning from you guys more!
As Unni said, spend the money on something else, get something nice for the car, like some nice number plates, or anything!
Unni, since you have driven the car a lot more on the highway than I have, I just had a question to ask:
- When the car goes over bumps at speed, does it jerk to one side? This happens on our car, but rarely, and I was just wondering if it was the tires to be blamed or something else. We have tube type MRF ZVTS on our car which were put when I was studying and I hadn't driven the car on the highways before that.

Thanks!
Old 27th September 2009, 08:49   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Unni, since you have driven the car a lot more on the highway than I have, I just had a question to ask:
- When the car goes over bumps at speed, does it jerk to one side? This happens on our car, but rarely, and I was just wondering if it was the tires to be blamed or something else. We have tube type MRF ZVTS on our car which were put when I was studying and I hadn't driven the car on the highways before that.

Thanks!
Till date I've not experience anything of that sort. And, I've had my share of bumps taken at speed. Night driving, you know. I usually tighten the grip on the steering a bit when I know that I'll hit a bump hard, so that the steering doesnt wriggle out.
Old 27th September 2009, 10:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Seniors?? . Use the money to upgrade something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Seniors? Buddy, I am no where near senior, except in terms of T-BHP status because of posts. If at all, I am learning from you guys more!
As Unni said, spend the money on something else, get something nice for the car, like some nice number plates, or anything!
OK guys, I know you are junior than me by age except Vnabhi, seniors I means in terms of more experience with Fiesta, when I say, I mean it from heart, now don't get offended, keep sharing your experience.
Old 27th September 2009, 14:49   #67
BHPian

Quote:
OK guys, I know you are junior than me by age except Vnabhi, seniors I means in terms of more experience with Fiesta, when I say, I mean it from heart, now don't get offended, keep sharing your experience.
No offence taken Rajesh.
Old 1st October 2009, 00:38   #68
BHPian

Unni@ I am enjoying every moment of drive and its performing more than my expectation. I updated my thread but had few doubts so am not putting it hear again.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:08   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Unni@ I am enjoying every moment of drive and its performing more than my expectation. I updated my thread but had few doubts so am not putting it hear again.
Good to hear that you are having a good time. Apologies for the delayed response. I was on leave and kept away from the internet too!!
Old 16th November 2009, 15:11   #70
BHPian

Just another trip update

Have been spending weekends at home for about 3-4 weeks now and was getting seriously bored. I had put in full tank of diesel at about the same time and there was enough pending in the tank for about 700kms. What started out as a plan to do about 600km of round trip, ended up in becoming a 877km round trip. Well, man proposes, God disposes.

Last year, at around the same time, my better half and I had gone to a temple at Manjeshwar (mid-way between Mangalore and Kasargod), and there started this idea of doing a repeat trip. Plan was to leave Bangalore at about 0300hrs on Saturday, via Mysore and Coorg to Kasargod, and return by Sunday eve. Plans have this bad habit of change. Friday evening, which usually is a less-work day at office turned out to be like any other day with the usual work load and I had a dinner meet (HV Kumar was in Bangalore) to attend. Rushed through work and went for the dinner meet (had a fun time at the dinner meet). By the time I got home, it was close to 0000hrs. To leave by 0300hrs, I need to get up by atleast 0200hrs cause I need to go pick my friend up as well. So, that’s just 2hrs of sleep. And with the excitement of drive, sleep will be elusive. What to do? What to do?!! Simple, took a bath and drove off by about 0100hrs!!!

Roads all the way from Bangalore to Kushal Nagar were good. But after that, it was real bad till the end of Sampaje Ghats, a distance of about 65kms. Real 2nd and 3rd gear territory and if you are not careful, you can manage to ground your sedan. We reached Kasargod by 0910hrs and settled in to a nice hotel. The best memories I’ve of Kasargod is of the well behaved people and the awesome food. Very tasty and very cost effective, the food I mean (Shaju will be quick to ask if I'm referring to the people!!!). Visited two temples, the Anatheshwara Temple at Manjeswhar and Ananthpura Temple. I had written a travelogue of my last trip here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ple-visit.html

The drive back was through Mangalore, purely because I didn’t want to do another 2nd gear/3rd gear circus. And, that route turned out to be worse. NH17 connecting Kasargod to Mangalore is in a bad shape, and from Mangalore till almost Shakleshpur, the roads are real bad. It was akin to, from the kadai to the fire! It took me 6hrs (of which 1hr is break) to cover 180kms in that route. People who have traveled with me will confirm that by habit I take very less breaks.

After all this, I can very safely comment that my car was in 2nd gear for extended periods of time, through the worse roads I’ve ever driven through (till date) and still she holds good. Ford has made a very sturdy car in the Fiesta.

And today when I came down to the garage… the car had this smile on her grille, asking, where to next??

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service-dscn3758.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service-dscn3805.jpg

Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service-dscn3801.jpg
Old 17th November 2009, 11:57   #71
Team-BHP Support

For all that second gear driving, what was the mileage on the trip?
Old 17th November 2009, 12:53   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
For all that second gear driving, what was the mileage on the trip?
As pompus as this may sound, I stopped checking the exact mileage (tank full to tank full) at around 25k. Now I'm at 29k. Fill it, shut it, burn it!!
Old 17th November 2009, 13:00   #73
Senior - BHPian

The previous logo was, if I am correct ''Fill it, Shut it, Forget it''.
And you changed it to 'burn it'(so burning lot of money,in fact?)
Old 17th November 2009, 13:12   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The previous logo was, if I am correct ''Fill it, Shut it, Forget it''.
And you changed it to 'burn it'(so burning lot of money,in fact?)
No way!! Not burning a lot of money. I meant burn the diesel away (meaning drive around a lot), and the cycle continues.
Old 1st December 2009, 21:13   #75
BHPian

30351kms - 23 months

Back from a home-town drive. On the way back, I crossed the 30k kms mark. In fact, if things go as planned, I've another 1500-1600kms round trip coming up towards end of Dec. Adding miles and loving it. Touched 150kmph today, just to celebrate the 30k mark!!

Most Viewed