Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2009, 14:00   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Ok then its good. I take normally less than 10 hours to cover 570 KM with a couple of breaks in between. Starting from Madiwala at 6 and reaches Kanjirappally by 4

This X'mas I am in HYD only
Thats pretty good timing, especially taking into account that you drive in the day. I'm driving down to Kerala for X'mas, just waiting for the day to go by!
Old 4th January 2010, 17:48   #92
BHPian

32291kms

Just back from a week at home in Kerala. And on the drive back, had my fair share of dense fog right after Salem. Visibility was barely 2-3feet at about 0600hrs and it was so thick that I had to keep using the windscreen wiper.

Renewed insurance this time over, costing me Rs11500/- and took one more year of warranty, Rs 9560/-. Damn, these things are expensive!! Well, managed to get a free car wash done at the service center for extending warranty!!

Two issues are plaguing my car:

1. Steering judder when braking lightly, at speeds between 60-80kmph. Diagnosed as a warped disc. Will not be covered under warranty since car has cross 10000kms (warranty coverage for disc is only till 10000kms it seems). The SA says that skimming the disc will not help much since precision wil always be a problem and that the judder will just move to a different speed. So, have to look at replacing the pair during next service. Do let me know your advice on this.

2. Uneven tyre wear on one. The left rear tyre has uneven wear on the inside tread, which leads to a rhythmic sound when travelling on well paved surfaces. Not very noticeable when in drivers seat, but when sitting in the rear, it sure is there. Solution is to do a switch on the rim, so that the worn part now is on the outside. Need to get this done soon.

Well, other than that, all is well.

Last edited by unni.ak : 4th January 2010 at 17:56.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:42   #93
oss
BHPian

32k kms - Which tyres are you running, and how much more life is left on those tyres?
Old 5th January 2010, 13:08   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
32k kms - Which tyres are you running, and how much more life is left on those tyres?
MRF that comes as default with the car, I think its ZVTS (not very sure). I think it easily has another 10-15k left in them.
Old 5th January 2010, 15:57   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The stock MRF ZVTS which comes on Fords are easily capable of running about 50,000 kms and more. I showed the 36,000kms run MRF ZVTS on my Ikon to Nikhil and he commented about how much life they still have in them.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:51   #96
BHPian

Got wheel rotation, balancing and alignment done. The tyre with inner tread issue has been switched innner part out and is on the front now. Hopefuly the noise subsides now. Will be getting the brake discs changed during next service.
Old 20th January 2010, 10:34   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Renewed insurance this time over, costing me Rs11500/- and took one more year of warranty, Rs 9560/-. Damn, these things are expensive!! Well, managed to get a free car wash done at the service center for extending warranty!!
Hi Unni,

Which Insurance provider you went with? I got my 2nd year insurance renewed with reliance insurance at an IDV of 6.9 lakhs for 9k. There is a new insurance product launched where it covers 100% for all non-metallic aprts as well. Did you take that?

regarding the warranty. Is it 3rd year or forth year. If its third year then I am happy with the TMP amunt I paid for my car.
Old 20th January 2010, 12:13   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just back from a week at home in Kerala. And on the drive back, had my fair share of dense fog right after Salem. Visibility was barely 2-3feet at about 0600hrs and it was so thick that I had to keep using the windscreen wiper.

Two issues are plaguing my car:

1. Steering judder when braking lightly, at speeds between 60-80kmph. Diagnosed as a warped disc. Will not be covered under warranty since car has cross 10000kms (warranty coverage for disc is only till 10000kms it seems). The SA says that skimming the disc will not help much since precision wil always be a problem and that the judder will just move to a different speed. So, have to look at replacing the pair during next service. Do let me know your advice on this.

2. Uneven tyre wear on one. The left rear tyre has uneven wear on the inside tread, which leads to a rhythmic sound when travelling on well paved surfaces. Not very noticeable when in drivers seat, but when sitting in the rear, it sure is there. Solution is to do a switch on the rim, so that the worn part now is on the outside. Need to get this done soon.

Well, other than that, all is well.
+
How come I missed this post

Insurance from BA?

one year warranty ( presume 3rd year) at Rs.9560 seems bit high!
(may be because you are taking this EW now i.e not during delivery
of the car?).
I took 3rd and 4th year EW at only Rs.8300/-.
Please check your FORD Warranty certificate if this amount(9650/-) is mentioned in the front page.
Hope you purchased the warranty through kairali Ford? - I presume they
overcharged you, unless they charged this amount for 3rd and 4th year EW?

Uneven tyre etc - because you always drive to the border hence it happened -
Old 20th January 2010, 13:05   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Which Insurance provider you went with? I got my 2nd year insurance renewed with reliance insurance at an IDV of 6.9 lakhs for 9k. There is a new insurance product launched where it covers 100% for all non-metallic aprts as well. Did you take that?

regarding the warranty. Is it 3rd year or forth year. If its third year then I am happy with the TMP amunt I paid for my car.
I got it done through Bajaj Allianz. Mine is in the third year now, with IDV as 5.6lacs. Warranty is for 3rd year and I do have feeling that I've been had. Was going through the documentation for the 2nd years warranty and it came at Rs5500/- (this was bought along with the car). Will be checking on this amount, which frankly is a bit too high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
How come I missed this post

Insurance from BA?

one year warranty ( presume 3rd year) at Rs.9560 seems bit high!
(may be because you are taking this EW now i.e not during delivery
of the car?).
I took 3rd and 4th year EW at only Rs.8300/-.
Please check your FORD Warranty certificate if this amount(9650/-) is mentioned in the front page.
Hope you purchased the warranty through kairali Ford? - I presume they
overcharged you, unless they charged this amount for 3rd and 4th year EW?
Yes, insurance is from BA. I had taken warranty for 2nd year along with car purchase (at that time manufacturer warranty was only for 1 year). I did check with them twice on the amount and they confirmed that it costs that much for the 3rd year. Will be sending a mail to Ford shortly to find the actual amount.
Old 20th January 2010, 14:11   #100
Senior - BHPian

Have you got any kind of reciept from the dealer, specifically written i.e Rs.9560 for
3rd year EW? If yes, then attach the reciept also to FORD.
Eventhough I paid the money to my dealer, I got the Certificate from FORD which contains among the other usual particulars of the car etc they also mentioned about the money they collected for this EW !
Old 20th January 2010, 14:24   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Have you got any kind of reciept from the dealer, specifically written i.e Rs.9560 for
3rd year EW? If yes, then attach the reciept also to FORD.
Eventhough I paid the money to my dealer, I got the Certificate from FORD which contains among the other usual particulars of the car etc they also mentioned about the money they collected for this EW !
Yes, they've provided me a receipt with the amount mentioned. I've already mailed Ford support asking for a quote. Lets see what they reply.
Old 20th January 2010, 19:16   #102
oss
BHPian

Is wheel balancing & alignment part of the 2nd service? I will be sending mine for the second service in a month's time, and would have done about 9000km by then.
Old 20th January 2010, 21:16   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Is wheel balancing & alignment part of the 2nd service? I will be sending mine for the second service in a month's time, and would have done about 9000km by then.
Ideally it needs to be done every 5000kms. Helps keep your tires in the best possible shape. You can get it done at the Ford Service Station or from a reputed tire shop in your locality. Also, when you do balancing and alignment, do wheel rotation also.
Old 21st January 2010, 00:19   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ideally it needs to be done every 5000kms. Helps keep your tires in the best possible shape. You can get it done at the Ford Service Station or from a reputed tire shop in your locality. Also, when you do balancing and alignment, do wheel rotation also.
After my experiences in getting this done from the dealer, i would strongly suggest finding a good tyre shop outside, and getting this done there. Its cheaper, and i suppose even more effective.
Old 27th January 2010, 17:23   #105
BHPian

33715kms

The wheel alignment job does not seem to have gone that well. The readings in the print out are all perfect, but the vehicle pulls to the left slightly. On a flat road, I need to dial in a bit of right steer to have the vehicle track straight. Will've to get it checked again this weekend.

Over the last weekend I had a drive down to Aleppey (yet again!!) and had a slight mishap on the way. Somewhere after Dharmapuri area, I was giving way to an Innova by moving to the left lane and ran into concrete blocks kept across the left lane. Oh and this was supposedly a warning for a broken down lorry in the left lane, maybe about 250-300metres after the stones were placed

I was doing about 90-100kmph at that time and was only able to brake and steer in such a way that none of the tyres hit the blocks. However, one of the them hit the under body and lower arm, and I'm left with a broken plastic cowl (no idea what is inside the cowl). There was no oil leak or loss of handling and hence continued on my journey. Thankfuly, the lower arm took the hit well and is not damaged. In retrospect, it was my fault that I missed the stones. I should've been more worried about what is in front of me than worry about following manners on the road!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks