Thank You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This late ? after the 1L mark ? Bah !!
teaching an old dog new tricks!!
Old 31st July 2013, 09:24   #272
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service

Good to see the car doing well, and crossing the 1Lakh kms mark!
Still remember my first journey in this car.
Old 31st July 2013, 16:41   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Good to see the car doing well, and crossing the 1Lakh kms mark!
Still remember my first journey in this car.
Thank you! Start of the many journeys we had!
Old 31st July 2013, 23:07   #274
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on attaining 1 Lac kms! I envy you. I am only at 41 % of your landmark figure.

Wish you many, many more miles of happy motoring!
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 15:26   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats on attaining 1 Lac kms! I envy you. I am only at 41 % of your landmark figure.

Wish you many, many more miles of happy motoring!
Thank you!

You are not putting on miles since you are mostly out of India now a days! Whose fault is that!!!
Old 2nd August 2013, 22:09   #276
BHPian

Great to see that car is delivering with lot smiles .. I have also completed 5 years with my Fiesta, here is my update http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...00-000kms.html

Last edited by anumod : 2nd August 2013 at 22:10. Reason: Missed to update the link initially
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 09:13   #277
Senior - BHPian

Unni..

I got to see the DTE cross 900! This was after a recent 2k km trip.

The last i saw a 9xx number was when taking delivery!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service-image0036.jpg  

ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 09:45   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Unni..

I got to see the DTE cross 900! This was after a recent 2k km trip.

The last i saw a 9xx number was when taking delivery!
That's fantastic. I have seen it above 900 just once or twice. But when running,the trip plus DTE has crossed 900 a number of times.

Shows the mileage magic!
Old 19th July 2014, 20:54   #279
BHPian

@unni.ak : Sad to see that its been a year since the last update, how's your car mate? Still in good condition?
Old 11th August 2014, 17:34   #280
BHPian

Hi Unni,
Having purchased a Classic Titanium diesel 6 months ago I went through this thread hoping to find some mention of the hard suspension I am experiencing in my car. You have not referred to it at all. So that got me wondering if the suspension in your vehicle is different in any way from mine. Please describe to me how your car behaves when she goes over joints on a flyover or speedbreakers. Mine does with a sharp thud, as if the suspension is non-existent. Over speedbreakers, at little more than crawling speed it feels like something at the mounting points drops and then hits back with a bang. I have had the suspension and struts checked while still new and was told that there is no problem, that the suspension is like this for all Classics. I had taken up this issue with Ford and have been told the same thing. Then someone else told me that this is the case with all European designed cars (and that even though Ford is an American brand, this model has been designed in Europe. Don't know how accurate this bit of info is, though). Let me know if you face the same issue.

If this is so then I think it's a shame. I love the way the car pulls from a signal and its extremely responsive engine but it will all come to nought if I get a slipped disc on our notorious Mumbai roads.
Cheers

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th August 2014 at 20:11. Reason: pls avoid using short forms ; formatting corrected
Old 13th August 2014, 10:19   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
@unni.ak : Sad to see that its been a year since the last update, how's your car mate? Still in good condition?
My bad, I havent been regular. Will update details soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Hi Unni,
Having purchased a Classic Tit diesel 6 months ago I went through this thread hoping to find some mention of the hard suspension I am experiencing in my car. You have not referred to it at all. So that got me wondering if the suspension in your vehicle is different in any way from mine. Please describe to me how your car behaves when she goes over joints on a flyover or speedbreakers. Mine does with a sharp thud, as if the suspension is non-existent. Over speedbreakers, at little more than crawling speed it feels like something at the mounting points drops and then hits back with a bang. I have had the suspension and struts checked while still new and was told that there is no problem, that the suspension is like this for all Classics. I had taken up this issue with Ford and have been told the same thing. Then someone else told me that this is the case with all European designed cars (and that even though Ford is an American brand, this model has been designed in Europe. Don't know how accurate this bit of info is, though). Let me know if you face the same issue.
If this is so then I think it's a shame. I love the way the car pulls from a signal and its extremely responsive engine but it will all come to nought if I get a slipped disc on our notorious Mumbai roads.
Cheers
The suspension always has been loud for me, especially on road joints. The thud noise has been there from start and has gotten worse with wear. Fiesta never had soft suspension. It has always been slightly hard. Only positive of this is that with speed, it smothers some of the broken roads.
unni.ak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 22:11   #282
BHPian

Unni, have you come across this particular issue that I just realised today? My neighbour has an almost three year old Fiesta Classic (my Classic is 6 months old), and we were discussing the latest security threat you are exposed to when you use the remote to lock or unlock your car in public areas, when we saw that both our keys appeared to be physically identical. So I tried to open his car with my key and, guess what. It opened easily. I couldn't start his car with my key, obviously, because of the passive anti theft system, but my concern here is that anyone with a key to a Classic can open any other Classic, leaving anything in the passenger compartment or in the boot potentially vulnerable to theft. Any ideas on how to get around this problem, short of fitting a separate lock with a separate keyhole?
Old 19th August 2014, 22:25   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unni, have you come across this particular issue that I just realised today? My neighbour has an almost three year old Fiesta Classic (my Classic is 6 months old), and we were discussing the latest security threat you are exposed to when you use the remote to lock or unlock your car in public areas, when we saw that both our keys appeared to be physically identical. So I tried to open his car with my key and, guess what. It opened easily. I couldn't start his car with my key, obviously, because of the passive anti theft system, but my concern here is that anyone with a key to a Classic can open any other Classic, leaving anything in the passenger compartment or in the boot potentially vulnerable to theft. Any ideas on how to get around this problem, short of fitting a separate lock with a separate keyhole?
This seems to be an uncanny coincidence of having identical keys! I had a similar one on my Maruti 800 which resembled my wife's cousin's. I still remember the day I pulled a prank on him by parking his car opposite to the direction he'd parked when he was visiting me! I could start his car too! The solace for you is that the car cannot be started.

I think you need to take this up with Ford India. You do have a point regarding safe keeping of the contents inside the car.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 10:40   #284
BHPian

I don't think this is a coincidence. I believe all the keys are identical. As you can see, it has a weird shape, specially designed to make holes in your trouser pockets. I'll take it up with Ford, though I don't expect anything meaningful to come out of it. I had taken up the issue of the harsh suspension earlier and all I got was "There is nothing wrong with the suspension", "It is working perfectly", etc. All standard, official replies.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi - 100,000 kms update at 14th Service-classic-key.jpg  

Old 20th August 2014, 14:23   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Thats surprising and worrisome. Ideally it shouldnt happen. Please do take it up with Ford. I have never tried this yet, but will do when I get an opportunity.

Most Viewed