Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2009, 21:15   #136
Senior - BHPian

Good One FastLove.
very nice to see the leathers in all parts.

Aswin,
can you talk with Chennai Stanley people and lemme know?
Old 6th June 2009, 21:27   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aswin,
can you talk with Chennai Stanley people and lemme know?
Yes. I will talk to them on monday and keep you posted
Old 6th June 2009, 22:16   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
WOW..!! Fantastic Seat Covers Dude, they are complementing the beauty perfectly & Money well spent they look classy.

Can't wait to see them in person , how much time did it take for the Job to get completed?

Stanley guys must have had a tough time to wrap the Back Seat Center Armrest, All over it looks Fabulous.

Enjoy..!! the Admiration.

Thanks Sanjeev ..we are meeting tomorrow. Stanley guys did work hard and came out a winner. i am glad they listned carefully to me and executed it to my imagination and beyond. I handed the car to them on friday morning 11 am and got it at 9 pm after some fiasco in terms of handing the car back to me. Actually, they shut the boutique at 730 and left without informing me and had given a last update an hour before saying that they will call me by 730 as the work was still not done. I was meeting some business associate nearby and so waited and when no one called i went there myself to get the surprise of my life. My car keys locked inside the showroom and my beauty outside dressed like a queen. Ironically i could just peek into the car from outside and only feel frustrated. I called the sales guy incharge and expressed all my frustration and told him i am not moving out of the compound without my car. He came back from his home with the showroom keys although after about 40 minutes and gave the keys to my beauty and boy did i sing praises to him ! I have never appreciated anyone for their work so much in my life. I told him he should have charged me more for this artful work , although however , the bill was all printed and ready and the computer was shut down so i also could not persist (i m not one to miss an opportunity to pull a fast one)

and a big part of the reason i have wrapped my beauty in this finery is Netarchie ...so thanks dude for making me meet Stanley could not afford the napa but definitely u will love the feel of the classic when u are in it on monday

Last edited by FastLove : 6th June 2009 at 22:19.
Old 7th June 2009, 01:39   #139
BANNED

Hey FastLove

Fantastic, fantabulous. These are the best seat covers on Linea I've seen, before this, it was tinkywinky's Linea sporting stanley covers. Now there is no competition. They look as sooth as butter in that colour. And you've taken minute care of detailing. I agree with you the rear armrest is challenging. And whatever seat cover I'll go for, I had already decided that I'll never allow that ugly black plastic & those 2 screaws visible

Am cursing that I do not want to go for Seat Covers costing 25K
Old 7th June 2009, 02:12   #140
Senior - BHPian

@ VahanPujari,

why not try stanley art leather seats ? they look pretty nice as well and cost around 10k. I got them fitted on my palio. You can look at my ownership thread for pics
Old 7th June 2009, 02:17   #141
BHPian

One question,

Can I also get the leather seats for my 500 ? I was stupid not to get the leather option from the compnay. My seats are artificial leather. But the onlt concern is that I have airbags in my seats so dont know how the Stanley guys will manage to deal with them !!
Old 7th June 2009, 02:54   #142
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
@ VahanPujari,

why not try stanley art leather seats ? they look pretty nice as well and cost around 10k. I got them fitted on my palio. You can look at my ownership thread for pics
I had checked stanley art leather - they cost 12-13K for Linea. My thought process is if its art leather & not genuin leather, in any case it'll not look & feel as good as genuine leather than why not to go for custom-made cost-effective covers. today only i saw autoform art leather covers for Linea. They are good but i want black & biege combination & autoform is costing 6K. 2 options I'm zeroing on - 1 is what bhpian Prash got @3.5K & the other autoform custom-made @5.8K

The advantage with stanley art leather is - its hybrid i.e. the seat area which touch the body are made of genuine leather & the rest is art leather
Old 7th June 2009, 08:32   #143
BHPian

Those are fab seat covers. Remind me of nestle milky bar

Must be great to sit in!
Old 7th June 2009, 09:16   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post

The advantage with stanley art leather is - its hybrid i.e. the seat area which touch the body are made of genuine leather & the rest is art leather

Thanks VP for the appreciation.

A correction on your above quote : Stanley Art Leather is Art Leather all over (the 12k one). The one you talking about (the seat area which touch the body are made of genuine leather & the rest is art leather) is called "Stanley TOUCH" . If you see the area of the seats that touch your body it is 80% of the total material. So Art Leather used in "touch" are just a little bit. The Leather i chose was originaly coming to 38k . I chose "TOuch" with same Original Leather and Art Leather combo to cut on the cost and after it got reduced to about 25k after some calculations and "discounts" . I thought a 10k reduction for the same was not a bad deal. Believe me there is just no difference in feel or color or look on the seats. Infact i dont believe that they have used different material. Maybe , it was just an excuse to give the discount .

Neo , Thank you. Dude, the pictures are a far cry from what it looks like in person. Believe me ! No one takes their eyes off it ..including me

Last edited by FastLove : 7th June 2009 at 09:27.
Old 7th June 2009, 10:36   #145
BHPian

Hi FastLove,

Yes Buddy, we are meeting today around 11:30 or 12:00 pm & can't wait to see the Fabulous Stanley covers in person, you gave the Stanley Guys a tough time they will remember you long for sure, especially the guy who came back from home to handover the keys of the Car..!!!.

Woke up early today & gave the car washing & waxing as it rained yesterday & the car cover was on so all over the car got dirty.

Again the car is back to its glory

Cheers..!!

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 7th June 2009 at 10:50.
Old 7th June 2009, 14:53   #146
BHPian

Hi FastLove,

Thanks for the Test Drive my friend, your car is Fabulous, Features are a class above the competition, it is a total VFM purchase. I dont know why people call Linea "Underpowered" during out test ride, i found it to be adequately powered & the engine was hardly audible at Idling only a look at the Tacho and then one can feel that the engine is ON. as for the Performance Enthusiasts it may be the case that it is underpowered, as far as Sedate driving & cruising it is awesome & this is what the most of the buyers of Linea will take in Consideration.

The seat covers look Fantastic, you said it right you have to see them in person & get a touch & feel.

Thanks again for sparing time on a Sunday & hope you didnt get beating from your Wife

Keep Enjoying the Beauty & keep us posted...!!

Regards,
Sanjeev
Old 7th June 2009, 14:58   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post

Thanks again for sparing time on a Sunday & hope you didnt get beating from your Wife

Keep Enjoying the Beauty & keep us posted...!!

Regards,
Sanjeev
Sanjeev ,bro.. you are always welcome. i am sure i will get to drive your next car.

I liked driving your Dzire too mate

and people have started behaving quite well with me since i got the Linea . No one beats me

Last edited by FastLove : 7th June 2009 at 15:18.
Old 7th June 2009, 15:08   #148
BHPian

"Sanjeev ,bro.. you are always welcome. i am sure i will get to drive your next car."

Yes Dear, definitely if everything goes the way i presume, i shall surely give you a ride in my Grande Punto

"I liked driving you Dzire too mate "

Thanks buddy.

"and people have started behaving quite well with me since i got the Linea . No one beats me "

That was a good one
Old 7th June 2009, 15:27   #149
BHPian

Few more interior pics ..
Attached Thumbnails
The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02910.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02899.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02912.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02909.jpg  

The Fantastic Fiat Linea 1.4 (Remapped / AIR) - 73,500 kms Update-dsc02898.jpg  

Old 7th June 2009, 16:41   #150
BHPian

Hey you put plastic/rubber mats over the Linea mats. Is it to protect the mats as they are carpet material?
I saw that someother Liena owner also did same thing.

Just curious, Is it the general norm to put 2 sets of mats in any car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks