Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2009, 00:26   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
lovely pix maan!
your car looks chick!

btw were you taking a u turn near hotel fountain on ghodbunder road on thurs evening?
shantyrocks

that was probably me. caressed her too much till now & wanted to go wild & thus took her to surat highway thro' ghodbunder cross road
Old 1st May 2009, 06:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

wow! Great pics. Have to take a couple of pictures like you of my linea too. What camera do you use?

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th May 2009 at 21:35. Reason: U = You as per report post. Thanks for your high regard of the rules :)
Old 1st May 2009, 08:28   #33
BHPian

Thanx Shanty. I have not moved out of Vashi yet with my chick.

VP - I am really taking her very very slowly. i am not going beyond 2500 rpm yet ..done 250 km . I also read elsewhere that there is no run-in period for Petrol. is that true?? i really get tempted to break the run-in shackles. I had some really amusing experiences with people just oggling at palm beach road, navi mumbai. A verna actually chased me and then drove very close neck to neck with me , rolled down his windows and continued like this for few kms, and i could see that he was not alone, there were other admirers as well behind my car Truly loving the admiration. However, what i really am trying to say to say is that if it was not for the run-in period , i would not have the verna or any other be anywhere close to me

Geeash - it is a Sony Cybershot DSC H10
Old 1st May 2009, 13:04   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
VP - I am really taking her very very slowly. i am not going beyond 2500 rpm yet ..done 250 km . I also read elsewhere that there is no run-in period for Petrol. is that true??
=========
However, what i really am trying to say to say is that if it was not for the run-in period , i would not have the verna or any other be anywhere close to me

Geeash - it is a Sony Cybershot DSC H10
Hi! Congrats for your Linea!
As per official guideline, no run in period is to be observed for either diesel or petrol Linea at all. Engines are pre aroused, so no need to constrain yourself. Bye the Way, I enjoy pushing my Linea MJD to 130+ with ease and it has yet to finish 3000 Kms.
Old 1st May 2009, 14:25   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
As per official guideline, no run in period is to be observed for either diesel or petrol Linea at all. Engines are pre aroused, so no need to constrain yourself. Bye the Way, I enjoy pushing my Linea MJD to 130+ with ease and it has yet to finish 3000 Kms.
Agreed.
Till date all my drive was in bumper-to-bumper mumbai traffic with avg speed on MID showing only 19 kmph. Yday I decided to break free since ODO now shows 900 kms & took her to 110-120 kmph which is also repeated today. can't wait to take her to 160 kmph on a long drive (have not had chance else would have done that)
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:57   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
shantyrocks

that was probably me. caressed her too much till now & wanted to go wild & thus took her to surat highway thro' ghodbunder cross road
dude...
world is such a small place
some bhpian is just around the corner
i was just 2 cars behind you in my swift.
Old 2nd May 2009, 12:08   #37
BHPian

i dont know about the world but mumbai is surely a small place for 2 BHPians to bump (no pun intended ) into each other !
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

At about 6 - 6.30 PM yesterday, two Flamingo red Linea's were parked in the Center One mall parking lot. Was one of them yours?
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
A lot of cars come with engines which have been 'bench run'. This means that there is not need to run them in. But it is still advisable to go easy for the first 1000 to 1500 Km so that the engine seats in well and the car settles properly.

Nice to see so many Lineas here on TBHP, they are awesome cars and promise years of driving pleasure. Enjoy it!

Cheers,
Old 2nd May 2009, 14:40   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Thanx Shanty. I have not moved out of Vashi yet with my chick.

VP - I am really taking her very very slowly. i am not going beyond 2500 rpm yet ..done 250 km . I also read elsewhere that there is no run-in period for Petrol. is that true?? i really get tempted to break the run-in shackles.
The engines don't really need a run in as they come 'aroused' as someone has earlier mentioned. But there are other mechanicals such as the steering, transmission, etc that are connected to the engine that require to set, so it's advisable not to strain them too much. That's the run in.
Old 3rd May 2009, 01:01   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
dude...
world is such a small place
some bhpian is just around the corner
i was just 2 cars behind you in my swift.
Yes. Agree to that. Didn't know it else would have stopped & have had a chat with a fellow bhpian.
On Wed evening around 7.30 - 8 pm, a Red Skoda Laura was just ahead of me from Dharavi-Bandra to W.E. Highway with a T-BHP sticker on its bumper on rear right
Old 3rd May 2009, 07:33   #42
Senior - BHPian

team-bhp

Quote:
Highway with a T-BHP sticker on its bumper on rear right
I have seen a couple of cars with these stickers too recently. I need to get mine too. Mere mention of Team-bhp give more attention by customercare in tata
Old 3rd May 2009, 12:50   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
At about 6 - 6.30 PM yesterday, two Flamingo red Linea's were parked in the Center One mall parking lot. Was one of them yours?
There was a 3rd F. Red Linea parked in InOrbit MAll next to center one at about the same time . no prizes for guessing whose it was

Last edited by FastLove : 3rd May 2009 at 12:52.
Old 3rd May 2009, 15:25   #44
BHPian

Quote:
There was a 3rd F. Red Linea parked in InOrbit MAll next to center one at about the same time . no prizes for guessing whose it was
Saw a Flamenco Red Linea Petrol, near Sector-17 HDFC Bank Road today while returning from Vashi.

Thought of asking the guy that are you a TBHP Member , but windows were rolled up
Old 4th May 2009, 16:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Mere mention of Team-bhp give more attention by customercare in tata
Well, well, well..

The line itself speaks many things...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks