Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 16:12   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaragra View Post
One question ?

How do you like your Blue&Me ?

I love mine in my 500, the only thing is that I had to get used to the lady in the system. Sometimes it doesnt recognises the name (Maybe due to the Indian names), but I love her !!

Enjoy.

Omar
Blue & Me is very integral to my mobile phone usage now. In fact there are certain business calls i prefer to take inside my car when i am at home. So, i get an excuse to take my car for a spin as well

I use the "Last Calls" List with steering console to dial recently used numbers and call other contacts from my phone.
Dont use the Message Reader though ! No support on my Fone.

Voice Controls are also not frequently used. I prefer my thumb do the talking. You are right about the Voice recognition . Its not easy to talk to the the chic always. Now , where else on earth would you you get an opportunity to have a lady in your car and also keep her quiet. A Quiet lady in your car is a blessing so keep it that way
Old 19th May 2009, 16:19   #77
BANNED

Quote:
Take a stretch of road ( say in your locality which is relatively empty ) You are driving at 40kph and are comfortably on 4th gear . Next , you have to take a comfortable 90degree left turn and the road on the left is sloping very slightly downwards (so no accelration reqd). What do you do ??? Obviosly as you are taking a left turn you slow down ! Your Speed starts dropping from 40 kph to say 25 then 20kph . What gear will you be driving in at this point ???

P.S. : Assume that you have to drive on the road that you have just turned for another few kilometres (and its a empty road) .
Well, my driving habit is very very simple & uncluttered. While taking the 90Degree turn, obviously the speed will reduce to say 25 & then to 20 kmph. As soon as the speed reduces slowly, I start pressing Clutch & accelerator is slowly released. When the turn is fully taken & the vehicle has to increase the speed again (eventhough there is slight slope), the clutch will instinctively get released slowly & if there is even a slightest strain on engine to increase speed, the gear will go down from 4th to 3rd & then to 2nd, if needed. Knowing Linea, from 20 kmph speed, I think it will require probably 3rd gear to increase speed without a slightest of strain/lug. If in 4th gear, there is no strain (not even 1%), then 4th gear will continue, but I doubt it, IMO you'll feel the slight strain/lug eventhough there is a a slight slope

Quote:
Now , where else on earth would you you get an opportunity to have a lady in your car and also keep her quiet. A Quiet lady in your car is a blessing so keep it that way
Ha Ha Ha, Very well said,

Last edited by VahanPujari : 19th May 2009 at 16:24.
Old 19th May 2009, 16:39   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Now , where else on earth would you you get an opportunity to have a lady in your car and also keep her quiet. A Quiet lady in your car is a blessing so keep it that way
LOL !! By the way we are all waiting for the pics of your new interior

Keep zooming (Safely)

Omar
Old 19th May 2009, 16:59   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Well, my driving habit is very very simple & uncluttered. While taking the 90Degree turn, obviously the speed will reduce to say 25 & then to 20 kmph. As soon as the speed reduces slowly, I start pressing Clutch & accelerator is slowly released. When the turn is fully taken & the vehicle has to increase the speed again (eventhough there is slight slope), the clutch will instinctively get released slowly & if there is even a slightest strain on engine to increase speed, the gear will go down from 4th to 3rd & then to 2nd, if needed. Knowing Linea, from 20 kmph speed, I think it will require probably 3rd gear to increase speed without a slightest of strain/lug. If in 4th gear, there is no strain (not even 1%), then 4th gear will continue, but I doubt it, IMO you'll feel the slight strain/lug eventhough there is a a slight slope

Good VP . Your driving and also your answer - is uncluttered .

I got my answer. Thank you.

As far as your last line is concerned i did this today and believe me at 20 i didnt move the gear and felt no lugging of the engine while i again regained speed. and with the iC on i saw FE at that moment as 21.6 kph.

Now , anyone can take anything out of this illustration and make a judgement on driving style and Fuel Economy and the balance in between.

The bottom line is still one's instinct. Each one's driving style is best as long as its his/hers comfort zone.

Happy Driving ! Thanks again VP.

Last edited by FastLove : 19th May 2009 at 17:05.
Old 19th May 2009, 17:18   #80
BHPian

Oh By the way check out the Fiat EcoDrive, it works with the Blue&Me.

This software checks your driving style and also your car's fuel consumption and tells you ways how you can improve it. Although it does not list Linea as a supported car but I think it should work since the car is coming with B&Me.

Here is the link, you will need a USB drive and then will need to update the B&Me software of the car.

Fiat EcoDrive

Omar
Old 19th May 2009, 17:21   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Oh By the way check out the Fiat EcoDrive, it works with the Blue&Me.

This software checks your driving style and also your car's fuel consumption and tells you ways how you can improve it. Although it does not list Linea as a supported car but I think it should work since the car is coming with B&Me.

Here is the link, you will need a USB drive and then will need to update the B&Me software of the car.

Fiat EcoDrive

Omar

Thanks omar . will check now.

Just Checked the website . the present version , as clearly stated on the website, supports only Bravo, Punto and 500. Linea version will be added pretty soon i believe. Also, tell me have you ever updated your B&M version. I tried once thtough my Fone GPRS connection. IT took long and then disconnected wthout updating !

Last edited by FastLove : 19th May 2009 at 17:27.
Old 19th May 2009, 18:19   #82
BANNED

Quote:

Just Checked the website . the present version , as clearly stated on the website, supports only Bravo, Punto and 500. Linea version will be added pretty soon i believe. Also, tell me have you ever updated your B&M version. I tried once thtough my Fone GPRS connection. IT took long and then disconnected wthout updating !
I also tried updating B&M thro' my phone but it tries to connect multiple times in 5-7 minutes & then returns with a msg - GPRS error

I had earlier downloaded EcoDrive but since Linea is not on supported car list there, I didn't try to insert it in car thro' pen drive thinking it might disturb the existing B&M system. Someone on t-bhp tried it but it also returned with error msg
Old 19th May 2009, 19:38   #83
BHPian

Quote:

Yes I tried updating it via the phone, but it didn't work. Then i just downloaded the ecodrive on a USB and plugged it in and just turned my key to "MAR" but didn't start the engine and the lady said updating lady Updating and it updated my B&Me. I didn't notice any new features but on the EcoDrive option appeared in my 500.

Regards

Omar
Old 20th May 2009, 10:43   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
You drive from Kharghar to Nariman Point everyday?!

Why did you buy the petrol? Diesel would have been a better option would'nt it?
Hi Amit, i have an office in nariman point since 2002 . LAst 4 years i have been using the Road to comute to office from Kharghar. My drive (in my car) per Year on an average is 15000 km only . 2 Reasons why it is only that much (Khargar to Nariman Point is 43 km oneway) -

a. i dont have to be in office everyday

b. my business partner and friend (a BHpian ) and i alternate between our cars . We both stay in navi mumbai. His is Honda City (A/T) and you would have read his reviews

We may not travel at all to mumbai looking at the oncoming Mumbai Monsoon So, its cool for us to enjoy the Petrol Version.

Few more reasons to opt for Petrol Car :

1. Paying the 1.2 Lac extra on a Diesel car may not make sense if i change my car in 4 years (like i did with previos one).
2. The difference in Diesel and Petrol Fuel cost is narrowing i feel.
3. Diesel Car is still a Diesel Car with all things associated with maintaining it and the noisiness reported by people. (This is not a factor for me as i dont think this may be true).

Couple of things i miss with not having a Diesel car is with the better FE and lower Fuel cost (than petrol) ,

1. you go less frequently to the Gas Station
2. your fuel bill is few hundred rupees lesser than when you fill petrol. (like my regular bill wud be around Rs. 1600 every tank full, whereas Diesel Tank full wud roughly cost Rs.1200 i believe.

But then , like they say, you cant have your cake and eat it too.
Old 20th May 2009, 10:48   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I tried updating it via the phone, but it didn't work. Then i just downloaded the ecodrive on a USB and plugged it in and just turned my key to "MAR" but didn't start the engine and the lady said updating lady Updating and it updated my B&Me. I didn't notice any new features but on the EcoDrive option appeared in my 500.

Regards

Omar
Omar i must say you have a Really beautiful car . sorry late but Congrats on your beauty

Now that you have ecodrive installed, what exactly does it do inside your car ? Does the chic talk more seductively now ?? and any other novel features you getting now
Old 20th May 2009, 11:01   #86
BHPian

i love the tail lights on this one. everything seems to fit in perfectly. no abrupt bulges or bumps on the exterior. beautiful.
Old 20th May 2009, 15:49   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Omar i must say you have a Really beautiful car . sorry late but Congrats on your beauty

Now that you have ecodrive installed, what exactly does it do inside your car ? Does the chic talk more seductively now ?? and any other novel features you getting now
Thanks !!

To be honest I don't use it at all. Nothing has changed after the update, only EcoDrive installed.

Basically you just have to plug in a usb drive and drive around your car for at least 5 days. After 5 days you will need to plug the usb into the computer and the EcoDrive software will tell you your average and ways you can improve it. For e.g. it will tell you that you must break less or maybe you should should change gears more often. It all depends on your driving style.

And the lady is as blunt as usual !! I am waiting for my father's 7 series and will check how is the lady in his car.

Omar
Old 20th May 2009, 21:26   #88
Senior - BHPian

ecodrive

i will try to download ecodrive and try it in my car and post the details. Did anyone here try it?
Old 20th May 2009, 22:11   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i will try to download ecodrive and try it in my car and post the details. Did anyone here try it?
Try it and let us know. I am sure it won't spoil the system.
Old 22nd May 2009, 06:56   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Dont waste your time, it wont work on the Linea yet. works on the Bravo and the 500 though. Sometime this year Fiat will introduce it for the Linea.

It wont spoil your system or configuration even if you try, it will just give a config error once you plug in the USB.

I could tinker around with it to work with the Linea ( a la hack ) but not worth the effort if its official version is going to be released this year itself. Actually its a few changes on couple of files and the identifier set to Linea, essentially its the same software / same Windows CE ( Automotive 3.1) version.

Most Viewed