Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2018, 12:18   #31
BHPian

Re: New Honda City GXi - 60000 kms review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishgator View Post
Could not edit previous post, here are few other points
- Highway mileage at 17
- Tinted windows are back for good (or for now)
- I keep tire pressure at 36 psi, so that bad roads and humps are non-issue even though I have spacers installed
- Once I had a front arm issue, procured parts myself from JC road, and fixed it at local mechanic for 3000, rather that 50,000 quoted by dealer
- yearly oil changes
I sold mine about 3 months ago as it was coming up to 15 years and God knows in Delhi what kind of harassment we would go through thereafter. Additionally, the bottom part of the doors - just about bottom sill - had begun to corrode. Replacement by new doors was the likely possibility as the metal is too thin to repair usefully. Taking everything into consideration I sold it for around Rs 50k. Still feel bad as mechanically it was in tip top shape with around 115,000 km on the clock. Could outrun most cars on the road as the iDSI engine had lots of useful torque at low engine speeds - unusual for a petrol engine. It was really easy to drive in the city and I was getting around 13 km/l in the horrible Delhi traffic.
ashokabs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 14:04   #32
BHPian

@ashokabs, did you sell the City to dealer or end-user? I wish I could get it for 50k. Would spend few thousands for re-registration and continue to use it
Old 3rd June 2018, 10:55   #33
BHPian

Told my car repair shop and they sent someone. I think he was an end user but can't swear to that.
Old 17th December 2019, 14:45   #34

Car is still going strong, had following updates done in 2019

0. New arm and lower bar, new headlight/tail-light bulbs (reasonable costs), actuators for remote door locks, foot mats, platinum service (350 only :-)
1. LED lights (from Amazon) synced to parking lights, so that i dont have to use headlights all the while, saving the alternator
2. Fatboys, 185/70/R14, the biggest you can get for my generation city, so now the potholes, sharp mountainous speedbreakers are a non-issue, please see the pic
Yes, you might think the tyres are so fat they might scrape the body, but have done few long trips and many city trips and its a non-issue

Ordered 2 more LED lights to add to existing ones, and a loud BOSCH horn to match other "constantly-horning" irritating naive drivers on road

New Honda City GXi - 60000 kms review-fatboys.jpg

Here it is...These fatboys were ordered from amazon and have served very well for past 1 month, now i dont have to bother about pot holes or speedbreakers

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th December 2019 at 16:15. Reason: Merged back to back posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks