Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2009, 21:45   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

hi
approx 26.5K for 5. The man said 5300 per piece MRP recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Shankar,

How much do these Aura alloys cost now? From the many designs that I have seen, these are the nicest looking in my opinion. Classy but not overtly gaudy/agressive..
will shoot a couple of snaps of the bend over the weekend and post them on this thread.
you can see the bends look very minor but this is sufficient to kill the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I also was a trifle confused that an alloy wheel can 'bend' rather than 'crack'.
Aren't these alloy wheels cast? And wouldn't a casting crack and not bend?

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th May 2009 at 19:01.
Old 10th May 2009, 19:44   #17
BHPian

you mentioned the scorp hybrid - does any one have any ideas as to when will the next scorpio be coming out. I am planning to get one later this year and dont want to be stuck with an older model in case an all new design scorp comes out in just a few months. Is it anticipated in this year or the next?
Old 10th May 2009, 22:01   #18
Team-BHP Support

Saw the Scorpio parked near the ASC entrance on sat morning (returning from KGA after golf). Look immaculate.
Old 11th May 2009, 10:30   #19
BHPian

@ shankar: a well written 17K ownership review and I still remember your last reviews about your purchase, coorg drives and those pics (4-5 ?). I used to use those pics as my pc's wallpaper! I assume the latest pics in this thread are 'latest ones', that means the car has been kep as 'all new'. very well maintained!

And I share your thoughts on LX, I still liked that old scorp looks but with those mods on shocks etc, I have to mention that my likings for LX variant started merely after seeing your car's pictures and your reviews. I dont own a scorp now, but who knows!

@ shankar and @takumi-san: hope both of you are aware of the scorp micro hybrid one already available in market. Is it the VLX variant right now and it is mainly micro hybrid technology as available within the scorp refresh. There are some threads already available with pics etc of the latest scorp hybrid.
Old 11th May 2009, 16:05   #20
BANNED

@ Takumi_san - the micro hybrid is already out. the new full hybrid as far as I know is still under testing. I am not really sure how much this full hybrid one will cost. But frankly, when you buy Scorpio, you're taking a chance that they will introduce something new within months - Mahindra usually plays its cards close to its chest and one only gets to know about new developments/ launches quite late. But I do know that they plan an all-new International SUV in mid 2010 (target). So perhaps if your need is not that urgent you could wait the next few months!

@ajmat - thank you. yes I was lurking there, waiting for the traffic to thin out, so that i could buzz off towards the inner ring road exit to get home after a 'good' round at ASC! (the scorp had been bathed just a day prior so he was generally "preening" I guess!!)

@narayanang76 - thank you. I love my vehicles and dont mind investing time in looking after them. these pics are just about a week-10 days old. The LX is indeed good VFM.
Old 12th May 2009, 14:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice review with amazing pics. Does your vehicle has 4x4 ? looking at the places it is, it seems it would need 4x4 to get out.
Old 12th May 2009, 15:03   #22
BANNED

nope - mines a simple 2WD
however its got lots of torque so I do tend to buzz around off the road (minor). on account of the sheer body weight and electronics of this vehicle I dont take it into deep slush, water, swamps etc like I used to take my old Gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Nice review with amazing pics. Does your vehicle has 4x4 ? looking at the places it is, it seems it would need 4x4 to get out.
Old 12th May 2009, 15:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

leave aside slush, water, swamps etc, if any of the wheel gets stuck (normal hump), will the car be able to make on road on its own ? Is this vehicle forward wheel drive or rear ?

I have got stuck with my santro front wheel, (then I realized santro is a forward drive car).
Old 12th May 2009, 15:48   #24
BHPian

Great Review Shankar. Keep It Coming. You have maintained your Scorp as good as new.
Old 12th May 2009, 16:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

Shankar,

A short and crips review! The photos are good and the vehicle looks like it is just out of the showroom.

Reading the other thread, now I understand what frustration level you might be really having now!

Wishing you many more miles of happy motoring! Drive On!

PS: I would recommend that you be a bit more careful about the 20 minutes posting rule.
Old 12th May 2009, 19:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
leave aside slush, water, swamps etc, if any of the wheel gets stuck (normal hump), will the car be able to make on road on its own ? Is this vehicle forward wheel drive or rear ?

I have got stuck with my santro front wheel, (then I realized santro is a forward drive car).
mostly all SUVs are rear wheel drives.
Old 15th May 2009, 16:08   #27
BHPian

Almost all MUV's and SUV's in India are rear wheel drive. Right from Maruti Omni to Ford Endeavor.
Old 15th May 2009, 19:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Almost all MUV's and SUV's in India are rear wheel drive. Right from Maruti Omni to Ford Endeavor.
What about the new Honda CRV? The non-AWD. I believe that is FWD.
Old 15th May 2009, 19:33   #29
BHPian

Ya CR-V 2wd is front wheel drive, thats why i said most of them are rear wheels driven.
Old 15th May 2009, 20:27   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

All body on frame SUVs are rear wheel drive. The 2WD versions of the Cute Utes/Soft Roaders like CRV/Captiva etc are front wheel drive. The reason for this are that the underpinnings of these vehicles are based on cars fromthe same manufacturer and most modern cars except for performance sedans like BMW etc are front wheel drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks