Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:02   #76
BHPian

Nope - those mini skirts don;t help. And those mirco-mini slits come off very easily. My "service advisor" quietly riveted them in the 1st service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Yes, this is a design issue. But Mahindra thinks this is fixed with those plastic thingies at the bumper corners, which is far from true.

I'm not aware of any solution to this.
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:06   #77
BHPian

Dear MileCruncher

Please get Anti Rust Treatment done. Am planning to do the same after raining stops here. If nor M&M but somewhere else. The built quality on "new design" Bolero is not good. I think M&M is using thinner gauge metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
The Storm completed its First Service at 5025 Kms on 11th July, 2 month and 5 days after purchase.

Things that I was suggested by the service guys but didn't get done:
  1. Engine treatment - I feel engine treatment should not be put in an engine so early in its life when the engine is still bedding in.
  2. Anti Rust Treatment - Didn't think I need it.
  3. Teflon Coating on the paint - Teflon coating on a jeep bought for roughing out in the wildnerness.
Old 23rd July 2009, 11:08   #78
Senior - BHPian

No harm in additional protection

Quote:

Things that I was suggested by the service guys but didn't get done:

Anti Rust Treatment - Didn't think I need it.

Teflon Coating on the paint - Teflon coating on a jeep bought for roughing out in the wildnerness.
Nice to see that you are enjoying your ride and that it is settling in nicely.

Anti-rust treatment is a must for the cars. Even if one is not on the coats (humid climate) as the splast from the road leaves the undersides wet and causes corrosion.

Teflon coating actually makes more sense on cars that are used in rough & tough conditions. Though the shiny glossy look might not be a selling point for the coating on a Jeep, the additional protection it offers + the ease of cleaning off all the muck after a return to civilisation (if our 'cities' can be called that!) make the teflon coating an imperative.

Cheers,
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:36   #79
BHPian

I too got the anti-rust under body treatment done, prior to delivery itself, along with the film, mats, gear lock, scuff plates, bull bar etc. It was just a precautionary measure, and I don't regret the ~2k I paid for it. I did not go for engine treatment either, as I felt it was overkill for a brand new engine. Maybe after a year of use it would make sense.

Thanks for sharing your service details MC Sir, my SLX is due for service this weekend, after close to two months of use and 4970 kms. I will need to investigate the coolant tank as the level dropped to Low by the time I reached Bangalore from Mumbai. I suspect some coolant leak in either the supply tube or the tank itself. Will post my service details in the other thread.

Cheers,
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:47   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
I too got the anti-rust under body treatment done, prior to delivery itself, along with the film, mats, gear lock, scuff plates, bull bar etc. It was just a precautionary measure, and I don't regret the ~2k I paid for it. I did not go for engine treatment either, as I felt it was overkill for a brand new engine. Maybe after a year of use it would make sense.
All that for 2k. My SA here quoted 4K for just Anti-Rust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
Thanks for sharing your service details MC Sir, my SLX is due for service this weekend, after close to two months of use and 4970 kms. I will need to investigate the coolant tank as the level dropped to Low by the time I reached Bangalore from Mumbai. I suspect some coolant leak in either the supply tube or the tank itself. Will post my service details in the other thread.

Cheers,
Well even in mine the water reduces, but i think that is acceptable and that's why you do a top-up. I don't think anything wrong with the system. But still get it checked for your satisfaction. Just remember that its a Mahindra and not a Jap car
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
All that for 2k. My SA here quoted 4K for just Anti-Rust.
I had negotiated and haggled with the accessories people at the showroom and brought down my total accessories cost from 18k to 12.5k. Just the under body coat was priced at 3500, which I refused to accept and got it down to 2k. I was pretty aggressive then, and ensured I spoke to even the vendors of each accessory item to confirm the quality, cost and installation benefits. This is my first car, and I was pretty involved in every little aspect

Well even in mine the water reduces, but i think that is acceptable and that's why you do a top-up. I don't think anything wrong with the system. But still get it checked for your satisfaction. Just remember that its a Mahindra and not a Jap car
Sir, my coolant level went from High at 1600 kms to Low at 2800 kms. I don't think its normal to lose coolant that fast. Agreed, I was driving at high speed for a long time on the NH4 for this period, but I still do not think its normal. I had to top up twice since then with water (bisleri, only the purest for Moby!) and will definitely pursue this issue with SA's. Interestingly, when I am driving in the city, my daily commute of 70kms, the coolant level has not dropped at all in the past two weeks. Perhaps because of the heavy rain in Mumbai and the resulting cooler running, but won't hurt to be sure.

Cheers,
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:20   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
This problem has been reported by many Bolero owners, I remember reading some in mouthshut.com a while back, it's some sort of design flaw.
This also happens on the scorpio too
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:32   #83
BHPian

Hey MC ,

What the OTR price of the vehicle ?

Thanks and Rgds
Vikrant
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:36   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Hey MC ,

What the OTR price of the vehicle ?

Thanks and Rgds
Vikrant
Paid 7.3 in Hyd with discounts
Old 26th July 2009, 16:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quality of Plastics - What is that?

Lot of old Bolero owners keep telling me that the quality of the new Bolero is not as good as the old GLX or Armada. My Storm is about 2.5 months old. Plastic items that have already given up are
  1. Plastic Cord that holds the diesel cap. Snapped apparently not being able to hold the weight right in the first week itself.
  2. The plastic grasp clip to hold the power steering hose became loose in the first week itself. Had to put a wire to keep the hose fastened to the clasp.
  3. The plastic panel that house the gear lever and various cubby holes for knick knacks have been coming out in thefirst month itself. On telling this to the Service Centre fellows, they just stuck it fevikwik.
  4. On the front passenger side, there is a plastic panel covering the metal l angle. The rivets holding the panel to the metal angle snapped yesterday for apparently no reason.
These small small niggles leaves a bad taste for other wise a decent vehicle.

I hope Mahaindra is listening.

Cheers
Old 31st July 2009, 20:25   #86
BHPian

I feel your pain MC Sir. Although my interiors are still undamaged, a simple visual inspection is enough to confirm the poor quality of the plastics, leather(art?), fabric used. I think I need training from Guderian and HVK to preserve my car. Guderian Sir's paint pen, and his unique method of taping those cables/tubes that rub against any metal surface in the engine bay etc are things that will only help in the long run. For the interiors, I don't see how we can preserve them. With use comes wear and tear, and I think we will have to fall back on the inexpensive nature of Bolero parts rather than break our heads to keep things intact. I've decided to stop pampering Moby and use it like the UV it is built to be. If the interiors fall off, I'll replace them.

Cheers,
Old 9th August 2009, 18:58   #87
Senior - BHPian

Hmm - Just wondering:

do all bolero's come dual coloured?

btw, your bolero is awesome
Old 13th August 2009, 00:10   #88
Senior - BHPian

6100 KM Update

The "Storm" completed 6100 Kms today. Ownership has been awesome to say the least. ASC guys are also awesome and have been ever cooperative whenever I landup there. I foresee a long run this coming weekend which might take the odo to 7.5K Kms.

I have already started preparing the Storm for the upcoming 8K Ladakh trip. Fog lamps have been fitted. Comtemplating whether luggage is needed of not. Anybody got any idea how much do they cost? Intend to have the wheel balancing, rotation and alignment done before the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Hmm - Just wondering:

do all bolero's come dual coloured?

btw, your bolero is awesome
Thanks Mate for the compliment!
Yes all Bolero's come dual coloured. I don't whats gone onto their head. But anyways.
@ Sriku : i agree with you but I hate when things fall off on their own. I intend to ask M&M to fix it complimentary for me.
Old 13th August 2009, 00:22   #89
BHPian

I simple lov the storm do you have pictures with the fog son. For a carrier try the THULE check if you could find the one with a tent on top.
Old 13th August 2009, 12:38   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
I simple lov the storm do you have pictures with the fog son. For a carrier try the THULE check if you could find the one with a tent on top.
What is this ? Can you elaborate a bit more please!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks