Team-BHP - Bolero Storm: First Black VLX in India-Now with a new Heart
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   Bolero Storm: First Black VLX in India-Now with a new Heart (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/58088-bolero-storm-first-black-vlx-india-now-new-heart.html)

Vehicle: Mahindra Bolero VLX Storm 2WD Black Colour
Dealer : Automotive, Rani Ganhj, Hyderabad
Sales Executive : Ajay Kumar
Date of Delivery : 05.05.2009

I had been looking for a car since early February and had settled on the Bolero VlX (More on that in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...lero-crde.html ). I had liked everything in the car but wanted it in Black and with an extended warranty option(Standard Warranty is 2 Years or 1,00,000 km). After speaking to a few people in M&M I was told that extended warranty for Bolero was an impossibility (I guess people would abuse it) but was told that they will get back to me regarding the black. All this happened in February. Subsequently I got busy and lost touch with the dealer. Then one fine morning in end March, the dealer GM called me up and said that the Black VLX was going to get made and will come in the first week in April. Yippee!!!

I was happy that M&M had listened to a customer's request and decided to act on it. I discussed with the dealer and paid my booking amount. Since the car was to be bought on my wife's name and since she already had a Pre-Approved Auto Loan from HDFC, we thought that the loan sanction process would be a breeze. But, as the saying goes "Man proposes, God Disposes", it was not to be. After filing all papers with HDFC, they told my wife that they couldn't process the loan as it was a lady who was buying a Jeep ( God knows what logic they work on). Anyways decided enough is enough and went to SBI. The process took about about 17 days (I can actually start a thread on what not to do if taking a SBI Car Loan).

Received the loan approval letter on saturday (2.5.2009) and was promised the disbursement on Monday (4.5.2009). Went all prepared at 4.30 pm to SBI on Monday only to be told that we needed to be there between 11 and 3PM. After a lot of persuasion, the bank guys got all the signatures from my wife as it was not possible for her to get out of office before 4 on any given day. Everything done and signed I was supposed to get the disbursement processed between 11 and 3 the next day (5.5.2009).

Tuesday turned out to be a very hectic day at work with quite a few deadlines. By the time I managed to get out of office and reach SBI, my watch was showing 2.57PM. Not seeing the concerned person, I felt dejected and started thinking that the delivery might have to postponed by another day. But then the guy appeared and said everything has been done and you can collect the cheque. Way to go SBI!

Collected the cheque and called my wife that we would be getting the delivery today (5.5.2009) itself. Went to the dealership and after getting all the formalities completed, went home to drop my bike and pick up wifey as well.

By the time we reached the dealership, car was ready for Puja and Key Handover. Dealership has a temple within the premises with a Priest on their rolls who conducts the puja's. He did the same for us as well. Just as the Pandit was to start the Puja, dust storm started. He nevertheless did the puja and handed over the key to us and thats when the dust storm also eased a bit. So we actually took delivery of the "Storm" in a storm :D. Very apt to M&M's tag line "Raise your own Storm".

Overall I'm really impressed with the service of the dealer. M&M seem to have instilled the seeds of customer service right upto the last mile.
Will update this thread as I get used to the "Storm".

P.s.: The odo was at 167KM when the I took delivery last night at 7PM and today morning it was 257KM. My wife commented today morning "Boy has got a new Toy"

Congrats MC, now where are the pics. Looking forward to doing a test drive, but shall wait for you to complete your run-in before I lay my hand on the Bolero. Congrats once again and heres wishing you a very happy crunching of miles.

MileCruncher, Many congratulations on your new ride.

I am sure you would be posting pictures soon, but nevertheless, pictures please.

Congrats MileCruncher
Pics please.. also do write up a review.

Congrats buddy :thumbs up, pls post some pics

Congratulation MileCruncher!
Wish you a wonderful time with your new TOY. :)

pls dopost few pictures. Have they upgraded the interiors of the new bolero?

Congrats MC for the new possession. Post some pics of your TOY !!

So, that was the reason for the long Coorg trip?

Abhi

Suren, Ardy, yzfrj, crn12, jayakumar and akroy: Many thanks for the wishes. Will upload a few pics tomorrow. The car presently is splaterred with mud all around.

Whewwww, finally the storm has entered your home. The pain that you went through to acquire this tornado (oopps the storm) was equally shared by the entire CUG group and some of them were totally at the end of their sanity since your car was stuck in Zaheerabad for ages together and if you recall we even volunteered to pick it up for you:D

As they say " all the good things comes to those who wait" Congrats and Enjoy the RUV ( Raw UV in your language..heheh) and post the pictures soon.

Sorry we couldnt go to Coorg together to raise a storm there. I think Coorg is going to thank me for not letting that happenlol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1291279)
My wife commented today morning "Boy has got a new Toy"

Oh, so you picked up your car from the store you were mentioning in the meet thread " Toys for boys"....LOL

Hearty Congratulations Anirudha...so can understand your enthu to drive to Coorg now..to take the storm all the way there.
Now for the pics man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1291367)
Suren, Ardy, yzfrj, crn12, jayakumar and akroy: Many thanks for the wishes. Will upload a few pics tomorrow. The car presently is splaterred with mud all around.

That is what it is meant for MC, now put on the pictures of the Storm with the mud.:D

Congrats MC on your new toy The Bolero Storm

Congrats MileCruncher on the new Bolero ! Personally I prefer this to any other Indian SUV. Please post pictures soon - with mud preferred. Do keep detailed logs of your ownership experience and take lots of photos :-). And of course post them here.

congrats :) but why was the odo reading of 167kms upon delivery? isnt the automotive stockyard at kompally?

Wow! A black VLX should be a stunner. And much better than white in at least one respect -- people on the road don't mistake you for a call centre cab! Good to see that you're putting it to the appropriate use right away! I was planning to drive mine to Mumbai this weekend, but shelved that plan since I couldn't get anyone for company. Wish you many 'storm'-ing miles ahead!

Congratulations on your new Toy, I bought an SUV 6 months ago and never got bored since. For a few months when I was in Hyderabad I was using a fiend’s Bolero and I just loved it. I did do some half decent off-roading near Shameerpet lake and plenty of highway kilometres.

Speaking of the Rani Ganhj Mahindra dealership, their service was impressive. I bogged a brand spanking new Scorpio in a mud hole behind the Medchal highway (and then blamed them because they didn’t give me a 4WD to testdrive) and then they gave me a Bolero after that. So if you bought a black Scorpio from them, there is a good chance that your ‘unused’ car had previously been bogged :D