Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 19:28   #31
rippergeo

Completely agree with your signature. Its more fun driving a slow car fast
But too bad you're still stuck in petrol country

PS Your cars look too clean to me.

Old 14th May 2009, 19:52   #32
BHPian

Amazing write up you have there. I am in love with both your cars. Maybe I should have taken out a little more time and met you guys when I was there in cochin last weekend.

What I like about these cars are they are underdogs. No one really expects anything out of them. They look to the Hondas and Mitsus for the fun factor. But at the end of the days these two cars are brilliant when it comes to have fun on a set of twisties. Show me a car that can handle a pair of curves I will take it even though it comes with a few ponies less.

Once again, amazing cars, very well maintined.
Old 14th May 2009, 20:30   #33
BHPian

Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02676.jpg
People ask me why I keep two cars that are similar in many respects. Why not a hatchback or an SUV for a different occasion? I can only tell them that if one car is nicer to drive, that will be used more and the other will be ignored. In my case, choosing either car makes me happy.

It is a bit difficult in the morning to decide which car to take to work that day though. Usually it is the one with more petrol in the tank that gets my vote.

Hope I can post some more pics of either car here.
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02705.jpg
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02708.jpg
I was wondering why no one made a comment about the new badging at the rear. Didn't you guys like it?
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02711.jpg
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02731.jpg
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02725.jpg
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02743.jpg
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02737.jpg
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02736.jpg

Now the Rocam.
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02655.jpg
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02662.jpg
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02660.jpg
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-dsc02669.jpg
Old 14th May 2009, 21:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

really beautiful thread, dude.
Great photos and I love your writing.

cheers
Old 15th May 2009, 01:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Vivek you just keep adding more and more teasers eh?

Any reason why you parked the two so close? testing your driving skills ? I dont think I have the nerve to try that.
Old 15th May 2009, 06:37   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
But too bad you're still stuck in petrol country
Why so??
Vivekji, excellent photographs. well maintained cars and inspirational too. keep it up. nice sandy lawn. liked that a lot.
Old 15th May 2009, 08:11   #37
BHPian

Thank you crazydiablo, rippergeo, GTO, m8002? and Iron Wolf for your appreciation and encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
Vivek, congrats on your twins! Both have been very well maintained and have increased our respect towards you.

I have been proud of my cars for a long time but people like you bring me back to reality

The hard work shows in every panel my friend. Looking forward to meeting you soon with your cars.
I was told you normally spend hours cleaning your cars. Interestingly, you took it one step forward by using a tooth brush to ease the dirt out of the badging. Your City 1.5 was an apt example for your 'car-cleanliness'. You can always be proud of that. I am just following your foot steps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Vivek you just keep adding more and more teasers eh?

Any reason why you parked the two so close? testing your driving skills ? I dont think I have the nerve to try that.
I wanted them to be included in the same photo without having to do serious cropping. That's why i parked them close.

Yeah. It's an old habit. Used to do that three years back with the Matiz as well.
Vivek's Baleno and Ikon- the 1.6 twins. EDIT : New wheels and interiors added-untitled1-copy.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Why so??
Vivekji, excellent photographs. well maintained cars and inspirational too. keep it up. nice sandy lawn. liked that a lot.
Ripper's garage drips diesel. He owns a Swift VDI, a Verna CRDI and an Endeavour 2.5L all of which drinks the sticky fuel. He has gone down in the revband and to compensate for that he is now branding petrol heads as those who are stuck in the petrol country.

Last edited by vivekji05 : 15th May 2009 at 08:17.
Old 15th May 2009, 12:49   #38
BHPian

Wow that parking it real close. Are you sure they did not rub and show their love for each other. I need to get a new lesson in car car now.
Old 15th May 2009, 16:29   #39
Senior - BHPian

The Euro-II Baleno

Vivek, the cars are amazingly well maintained. Kudos to you.

Just wanted to know whether you have had the chance of comparing the Euro - II Baleno (I presume that yours is a Euro-III spec LXi) to your car (the Suz).
My family car a black Baleno VXi - 2003 model.That car has an engine that feels quicker than the newer models. Just a seat of the pants kind of feeling, I don't have data to back-up that claim (other than the direct engine output as quoted by Maruti).

Might be a silly analogy but I feel that if the Baleno were Roger Federer, then the iKon would be Nadal. The iKon looks and feels more aggressive while the Baleno packs a punch all the while wearing a suit

OT: You have any clue as to how long a clutch on the Baleno should last if driven without riding it and driven modestly?
Amartya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2009, 18:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Vivek, the cars are amazingly well maintained. Kudos to you.

Just wanted to know whether you have had the chance of comparing the Euro - II Baleno (I presume that yours is a Euro-III spec LXi) to your car (the Suz).
My family car a black Baleno VXi - 2003 model.That car has an engine that feels quicker than the newer models. Just a seat of the pants kind of feeling, I don't have data to back-up that claim (other than the direct engine output as quoted by Maruti).
Thank you Amartya. You are right. The Euro 2 Balenos are more powerful and responsive at low revs than its Euro 3 counterparts. I have experienced this when driving a relative's car. The exhaust in the newer car is a pretty restrictive one with the cat-con closer to the exhaust manifold. It also has an EGR which feeds the engine with burnt gases from the porevious cycle, in an attempt to reduce emissions. I believe the euro3 version has 91bhp against the 94bhp of the euro 2 version. But looking at the engine behaviour, the difference seems more than just 3 negligible bhpees. You are lucky you have the Euro 2 version
Old 15th May 2009, 18:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post
I wanted them to be included in the same photo without having to do serious cropping. That's why i parked them close.

Yeah. It's an old habit. Used to do that three years back with the Matiz as well.
Jeez that's awfully close.

Loved the report Vivek. Spankingly well maintained cars I must say. Enjoy the duo.
Old 15th May 2009, 18:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

that's scary close. i have never seen cars (or bikes) parked like this. I liked the momo wheel.
Old 15th May 2009, 19:22   #43
BHPian

A very nice read, an unbiased comparison, worded nicely too

And God, your cars, they're maintained immaculately * slightly jealous * !

I'm curious though, do you think the SX4 & the Fiesta do their "ancestors" proud ?
Old 15th May 2009, 19:45   #44
Senior - BHPian

Your ikon is one of the best kept ikon's ive seen. I keep coming back to this thread just to see your ikon again and again. Total drool maal for me. One of the cleanest engine bay's (Ikon) ive seen.

The ikon too should get an air filter. The growl post 3500 sounds awesome.
What are your future mods for the ikon.,
Old 15th May 2009, 21:11   #45
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekji05 View Post

Ripper's garage drips diesel. He owns a Swift VDI, a Verna CRDI and an Endeavour 2.5L all of which drinks the sticky fuel. He has gone down in the revband and to compensate for that he is now branding petrol heads as those who are stuck in the petrol country.
pretty accurate analysis.
I tease petrolheads because of their reluctance to go on spur of the moment drives, Cant blame them, the lighter fuel is heavy on the wallet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks