Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2005, 06:32   #16
Team-BHP Support

Can sombody please edit all the above posts and keep it ready for pulsarian?
It'll be too much of work for him otherwise.
Old 22nd October 2005, 10:12   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Rudra Sir,
Is it not possible to ban Pulsarian from even opening this site?
Devarshi,
As much as i wish, it is a 1.5. The FE is around 10 in city with a.c. and 14 - 15 on the highway.
The car just came back from service but aparenty no one can hear the noise from the rear seats so will be going there today.
As i had put the art leather even on the doorpads, do you think taht when they had removed the doorpad, that while putting it back again something went wrong and that is the reason for the Power Window?
Oh and the Armrest still doesn't fit back into its slot.
Something is wrong.
Old 22nd October 2005, 13:07   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Wow! here is a man who has owned both a vtec and a lancer. was yours an sfxi??
what are the pros and cons of both according to you.
Vtec : Power.

Lancer : Everything Else.

GTO
Old 22nd October 2005, 13:26   #19
BANNED

Yeah dude. If the Lancer just had some more power it would be the perfect balance...either the 1.8 with manual shift, or the 1.6 that they use abroad...or maybe a 2 litre twin turbo...

Lamborghini, I love Mondeos, but dunno about buying a used one...from what i've heard, they're pretty high maintainence, and the electricals keep screwing up for no good reason.

What does one cost anyways?
Old 22nd October 2005, 21:55   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

A second hand one should be 7 - 8L.
They aren't all that bad, I know 3 Mondeo Owners who love the car and one of them bought another Mondeo because they liked the first one so much.
A lancer with a K n N should be able to screw a city shouldn't it? A full performance kit not just the universal filter.
There is a second hand lancer done 27Kkm SFXi for sale in yesterdays times drive. Black colour if i am not mistaken.
Go check it out.
Should be able to be bought for this side of 4.5L.

Oh and the window mechanism, we are still guessing but the armrest was making the noise in the backseat and it doesn't fit also very easily and the doors are still squeaking after service.
Old 23rd October 2005, 01:41   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
As much as i wish, it is a 1.5. The FE is around 10 in city with a.c. and 14 - 15 on the highway.
The car just came back from service but aparenty no one can hear the noise from the rear seats so will be going there today.
As i had put the art leather even on the doorpads, do you think taht when they had removed the doorpad, that while putting it back again something went wrong and that is the reason for the Power Window?
Oh and the Armrest still doesn't fit back into its slot.
Something is wrong.
How do you think that compares to the NHC? I dunno maybe that's my love for the lancer speaking but The NHC is completely overshadowed by the lancer.

yes the power windows problem may have happened due to that doorpad thingy because They need to open up the cover to remove it completely from the corners. Must have goofed up then.

as for the armrest its so built to perfection in size by mitsubishi to fit that a new cover makes it to hard to fit. I think that is an error on the manufactuers part. Mine doesnt squeak though and sorry to hear about the squeaking of the doors. I think you should have some straight talks with the dealers about this and get this sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva

Yeah dude. If the Lancer just had some more power it would be the perfect balance...either the 1.8 with manual shift, or the 1.6 that they use abroad...or maybe a 2 litre twin turbo...

Lamborghini, I love Mondeos, but dunno about buying a used one...from what i've heard, they're pretty high maintainence, and the electricals keep screwing up for no good reason.

What does one cost anyways?.
dude one good idea I get for your old lancer is get a new powerful engine. One person here has done the same and I think his lancer makes more than 200hp. I dont have the idea about the cost but I assume the costs would not be much more than 2-3 lakhs and then your lancer will even outpace the RS or the new sonata ot v6accord.

you can also get a turbo charger installed by some modifier like autopsyche in the 1.5 or 1.8.

as for new stock lancer the 1.8 is adequately powered and has enough adrenaline to keep you involved all day. The man-omatic is a joy to play with.
Old 23rd October 2005, 12:49   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Boom,
You can get the MIVEC engine. It produces 175 BHP or so. Do not knoe the exact cost though.
You can also get the full thing ovehauled for 50 - 60K and turbo and all it.
It should be able to do a quater mile under 14 sec. using NOS.
Overhaul - 50K including suspension
turbo with the works - 1.5L including brakes and all (not sure. Juts an apprx. price)
Body Kit with everything - 80K
Sound system - 40K for a really really awesome setup.
Works out o 3.2L and you get one of India's fastest cars.

Devarshi in comparision to the NHC
NHC -
Interiors
Space

Lancer -
Engine
feels safer/Less flimsy,
Stable at high speeds,
Visibility,
gearbox,
Steering feels connected to the road,
price.

Hopefully not missing out anything.
Both give similar FE and both are similarly comfortable but the lancer can be extensively modified.
Spoke to the dealer guys several times and now sending it again and leavin the car till the don't solve the squeking doors.
Also they tried touching up the bumpers but they said that the hand paint wouldn't look good and fr the spray paint they would have to spray the full bumper after removing the paint they had so let that also be.
Old 24th October 2005, 01:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

The dealer is right about the hand paint. It will differ in shade. One of my friends (he has 4 lancers) got his hand painted on the bumper and it looked very bad.

Is yours a 1.8 or a 1.5???

btw found this interesting case study with the success and failure reasons for the lancer from MICA. Dates to 2001 but is an intresting read with advertisement pictures.

http://mudra.com/casestudies/lancer.pdf
Old 24th October 2005, 10:54   #24
BANNED

Is there any hope of getting the 1.8 engine with a manual shift in the near future? That would be interesting.
Old 24th October 2005, 11:20   #25
BHPian

Lancer is nice !!!

hey !
The Lancer is a nice car and all that..but the only thing that that babe lacks is some real good power...down the gears you loose out on a lot of the power that one could really use.
Offcourse the Invex now seems to be makin up some of the lost power...But considering the brilliant versions of this amazing car available abroad we could use some of those out here......Anyone listening...I just heard the roar of a EVO 6....(Atleast !!!)

Regards
Pavan Misra
Old 24th October 2005, 21:13   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Devarshi,
It is a 1.5. Don't feel the need for more power. A KnN filter will give it the much needed power.
A 1.8 Manual may be a possibility on the Cedia but not on the lancer.

Will check out the article soon. Thanks.
Boom,
What have you decided. Would be nice having a modded lancer on board.
Old 24th October 2005, 22:22   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Bro,
the link isn't opening.
It is comin Cannot find Server.
Old 24th October 2005, 23:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Is there any hope of getting the 1.8 engine with a manual shift in the near future? That would be interesting.

No manual for this one man. Mitsubishi doesnt make manuals for his engine. But the man-matic manual is fun enough. Try it once.

The new lancer cedia is more powerful though with a 2.0 engine. makes around 125bhp and is bigger than the corolla.

FOr your old lancer. get a new MIVEC engine and go to autopsyche. your new lancer will outrun a skoda RS with the new engine. Just check for the price of a new engine.I guess its better to get an engine for 1-2 lakhs that get an overhaul of the old for 80k. depends on your requirements and budget

I hope HM-mitsubishi gives us a turbo lancer. A invecs, mivec, mini-evo, junior evo or even the sfxi will do justice to the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Bro,
the link isn't opening.
It is comin Cannot find Server.
I just checked the link it is working. IF it still doesnt open follow the links step by step on the website.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 24th October 2005 at 23:38.
Old 24th October 2005, 23:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hey Boom

have a look here. May help you a bit.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...=engine+lancer

the white lancer with vertical doors does about 120bhp and the two door invecs does about 135. this blue one is stock except a free flow exhaust.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 24th October 2005 at 23:45.
Old 25th October 2005, 00:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

here is a link on the engine change.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...=engine+lancer

1.6 DOHC, 4 cylinder, 175 BHP (Stock), 8300 Rpm, 0-100 in 6.8 seconds, Limited slip differential, top speed 260 km/hr (limited electronically to 180)

This is a MIVEC engine. Mitsubish's answer to Honda's VTEC. MIVEC - Mitsubishi Innovtive Valve Timing and Lift Electronic control. Car is still a front wheel drive but the gearbox comes with a Lomited slip differential which makes driving a whole lot more fun.

MIVEC cam kicks in at 6200 rpm and the car screams all the way to 8300 RPM. By the way this is all stock. Still room for more power. 200 BHP spunds sweet does'nt it ?

The engine, suspension,electrnics, etc. transplant was done in Electra automotive by Krupesh Patel.

The car runs best with 100 octane gas

As far as burnouts are concerned, well this gearbox has a LSD - Limited Slip Differential, which basically means lesser wheel spin and no burn outs - sorry about that.

get about 12 km per litre if I drive decently. driveability is excellent. You can cruise at 60 km on 5th gear with the tach at 2000 rpm. no jerking or knocking from the engine

Engine bolts on directly nd no modifications of any sort are required. Trust me you will love the way the car feels.

Dont know how many of you have been able to rev a car to 8300 RPM. Trust me, it;s better than sex.

picked up the car brand new 4 years back. With out cost of the car entire project works to between 4 to 5 lakhs. This includes duties freight installation etc.
devarshi84 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks